Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2013, 11:50 AM

68 posts, read 61,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Where is this explicitly stated in Scripture?
Read post 385
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2013, 12:05 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Where is this explicitly stated in Scripture?
No where.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:57 AM
Zur

949 posts, read 830,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
So do you believe in eternal torment for the wicked?
I have to because it is written. The beast and the false prophet were thrown alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone. (Rev 19:20)
The devil is also thrown into the lake of fire and tormented for ever and ever. (Rev 20:10; Rev 14:10)
Death and hell were cast into the lake of fire (Rev 20:14).
And whosoever was not found in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
When someone is written in the book of life he is save, but if he is not (Rev 17:8), his portion is with unbelievers and the wicked in the lake of fire, the second death (Rev 2:11; Rev 20:11+14; Rev 21:8).

Old 01-03-2014, 07:55 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,027,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zur View Post
I have to because it is written. The beast and the false prophet were thrown alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone. (Rev 19:20)
The devil is also thrown into the lake of fire and tormented for ever and ever. (Rev 20:10; Rev 14:10)
When someone is written in the book of life he is save, but if he is not (Rev 17:8), his portion is with unbelievers and the wicked in the lake of fire, the second death (Rev 2:11; Rev 20:11+14; Rev 21:8).
So let's pretend I'm one that is found as being horribly wicked (Paul said he was chief among sinners), will God ever TRY convert me as He did Paul? And if He does TRY, will He fail?

Old 01-05-2014, 02:38 PM
Zur

949 posts, read 830,425 times
Quote:
So let's pretend I'm one that is found as being horribly wicked (Paul said he was chief among sinners), will God ever TRY convert me as He did Paul? And if He does TRY, will He fail?
I have not condemned you, so long we live we can repent and God will save us. He has no pleasure in the death of the sinner. If we repent we are better off than Christians that do not. God knows where we come from and what are the intentions of our heart. God has no need to convert you. He saved you through His finished work at the cross. If you believe that and are faithful to Him, He will be the finisher of your faith. We have just to give up our rebellion and trust in Him. God is not against us, but the helper of our salvation.

Old 01-06-2014, 12:47 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,955,378 times
Quote:
Right, the definition of the lake of fire is: ' second death'
Since Jesus destroys Satan [ Hebrews 2 v 14 B ] and Satan ends up in ' second death ' then the symbolic lake is ' second death ' for all wicked sinners including Satan. Both ' emptied-out hell ' [ biblical grave ] and ' death ' are cast into the ' second death ' so that enemy death will be brought to nothing. - 1st Cor. 15 v 26; Rev. 21 vs 4,5; Isaiah 25 v 8

Old 01-06-2014, 04:13 PM

Quote:
I have not condemned you, so long we live we can repent and God will save us. He has no pleasure in the death of the sinner. If we repent we are better off than Christians that do not. God knows where we come from and what are the intentions of our heart. God has no need to convert you. He saved you through His finished work at the cross. If you believe that and are faithful to Him, He will be the finisher of your faith. We have just to give up our rebellion and trust in Him. God is not against us, but the helper of our salvation.
So Zur, does God need my permission (is He waiting for me to believe) in order to save me? Don't you think He should have responsibility for getting me to believe?

Old 01-06-2014, 04:14 PM

Here is the problem with fundamentalists. They believe the following:

It is NOT God's responsibility to get you to believe.

Old 01-06-2014, 04:26 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,708,541 times
Quote:
So Zur, does God need my permission (is He waiting for me to believe) in order to save me? Don't you think He should have responsibility for getting me to believe?
What more would you have Him do? Jesus told this parable:
Matt 21:33-40
Quote:
There was a landowner who planted a vineyard. He put a wall around it, dug a winepress in it and built a watchtower. Then he rented the vineyard to some farmers and went away on a journey. When the harvest approached, he sent his servants to the tenants to collect his fruit. The tenants seized his servants; they beat one, and killed another, and stoned a third. Again he sent another group of slaves larger than the first; and they did the same thing to them. "But afterward he sent his son to them, saying, 'They will respect my son.'" But when the vine-growers saw the son, they said among themselves, 'This is the heir; come, let us kill him and seize his inheritance.' So they took him and threw him out of the vineyard and killed him.

v. 40: Therefore when the owner of the vineyard comes what will he do to those tenants?
I think God did take responsibility for you to believe and has sent messengers time and again. How have you received them?

Old 01-06-2014, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
What more would you have Him do? Jesus told this parable:
Matt 21:33-40

I think God did take responsibility for you to believe and has sent messengers time and again. How have you received them?
The Carnal Mind hates God and can't be subject to the Law of God and God says His law is LOVE.

Rom_8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

The Bible says we love God because He first loved us. Do you believe that all the wicked people felt LOVED by God at one time and then rejected that Love?

1Jn_4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.

Now if the Carnal mind hates God and can't be subject to the Love of God, then how is a Carnal minded person to feel loved? God has to do something to force them to experiencing that love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity