Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 12:16 PM

37,347 posts, read 28,425,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Here again is another example of how to answer a person who is intellectually dishonest when previously he declares:
Originally Posted by pcamps

Everything on this forum for me, is about getting all whose consciences bear witness that eternal torment is unjust.

Jesus often said that people in his day who had no intentions of listening to him but were interested in justifying their accusations by using "trap questions" responded with by saying:
Matthew 23:33
“You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?"
When Jesus spoke Matthew 23:33, anyone who thinks of themselves as intellectually honest, would realize that since Jesus also spoke of hell being "eternal" ... that he not need to say it every single time to satisfy that wanton skeptic accuser that permeates in Universalism, the typical universalist and the accuser of God being unjust.

So it's not surprising that the question being asked purposefully limits to Acts of the Apostles ... when the Apostles did address it:
  • Matthew
  • Mark
  • Luke
  • John (in three separate letters)
  • Peter
  • Paul (in letters to Christian Churches founded by him)
As can be found (paraphrased by me) in the Concordia Self- Study Bible as to the purpose of Acts:
-------------------------------------
Acts was written by Luke (though not by name) as was the ordinary procedure for a historian at the time to begin a second volume summarizing the first edition.
Luke's main purpose for writing Acts appears to be:
  1. To present a history as a historical account of Christian origins
  2. To give a defense of Christianity with the underlying purpose of people's conversion
  3. To provide a guide Since Luke had no way of knowing how long the church would remain on earth, but as long as it pursues it course, the Book of Acts will be one of the major guides.
  4. To depict the triumph of Christianity in the face of bitter persecution by the establishing of local churches from Jerusalem to Rome, shows that Christianity was not a mere work human doctrines but that it (Christianity) was the doctrines established by God.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Of course the questioner has been more than once explained the purpose of the writing of Acts, but as we see, it's not that he's interested in theological sound explanations but rather to maintain the accusation of God being unjust.

To which only such efforts by accusers will lead to one result:
"only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God."
And no ... Jesus does not teach a annihilation.
Camps just gets up off the floor laughing his English arse off and now is back down there. The disputed writer of the Acts of the Apostles could have at the very least given an hint of salvation being salvation from eternal hell, any reasonable open minded person would be agreeable to this.

When i write an estimate, everything i am estimating to do is itemized so the client is fully aware of what is going to be done and what isn't, there is no gray area. Do you not think when something as important as life and death there would be no gray area, you obviously are assuming that because eternal hell is not mentioned in the Acts of the Apostles that those who heard the good news of salvation from sin, knew perfectly well that is what salvation is from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2014, 12:39 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,826,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
. Do you not think when something as important as life and death there would be no gray area, you obviously are assuming that because eternal hell is not mentioned in the Acts of the Apostles that those who heard the good news of salvation from sin, knew perfectly well that is what salvation is from.
Salvation through faith is repeated some 200 times in the Bible, so there is no gray area. After death second chances are not mentioned even once.

Old 01-04-2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Salvation through faith is repeated some 200 times in the Bible, so there is no gray area. After death second chances are not mentioned even once.
Can you define Salvation ?

Thanks in advance xxx

Old 01-04-2014, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Can you define Salvation ?

Thanks in advance xxx
I defined is 3-4 times several pages ago. It is eternal & spiritual deliverance. Jesus promises eternal life to those who believe aka are saved, and this is repeated some 200 times in the Bible, because it is very important.

Old 01-04-2014, 01:01 PM

Quote:
I defined is 3-4 times several pages ago. It is eternal & spiritual deliverance. Jesus promises eternal life to those who believe aka are saved, and this is repeated some 200 times in the Bible, because it is very important.
Deliverance and saved from what ?. Because i do not see anywhere in the scriptures that we are delivered and saved from eternal hell, maybe you could point me to the scriptures that say we are saved from eternal hell ?. Just give me a minute 2 pull up the 2 verses that you think we are saved from eternal that don't say anything of the sort. Hang on

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish in eternal hell but have eternal life

Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath that sends you into eternal hell through him!

Do you see what is wrong with both of these scriptures?. Correct, in my obsession of eternal hell i added eternal hell to them

Thanks in advance xx

Old 01-04-2014, 01:08 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,538,965 times
Quote:
Camps just gets up off the floor laughing his English arse off and now is back down there. The disputed writer of the Acts of the Apostles could have at the very least given an hint of salvation being salvation from eternal hell, any reasonable open minded person would be agreeable to this.

When i write an estimate, everything i am estimating to do is itemized so the client is fully aware of what is going to be done and what isn't, there is no gray area. Do you not think when something as important as life and death there would be no gray area, you obviously are assuming that because eternal hell is not mentioned in the Acts of the Apostles that those who heard the good news of salvation from sin, knew perfectly well that is what salvation is from.
the ordinary procedure for a historian at the time to begin a second volume summarizing the first edition.

Not surprising that intellectual dishonesty doesn't change .... summarizing isn't estimating.
An intellectual position is that the 1st edition by the same author is no less valid to the answer being demanded.

However that isn't the purpose why one "gets up off the floor laughing his English arse off " simply because of intellectual dishonesty. Rather God explains why people accuse God of being unjust and mock him:
Yes, what else explains the mockery other than they know it's the truth that
"only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God."
and the more that is repeated, the more unjust they feel God is.

I would not be surprised to read that another OP will come forth from the spirit of accusations attempting to justify that God is unjust.

Old 01-04-2014, 01:09 PM

The Bible teaches ONLY salvation brings eternal life. What happens if you DO NOT have eternal life?

The answer is NOT that everyone has eternal life, because the Bible repeats 200 times that only those who believe will have eternal life.

So, what happens if you do not have eternal life?

Old 01-04-2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Deliverance and saved from what ?. Because i do not see anywhere in the scriptures that we are delivered and saved from eternal hell, maybe you could point me to the scriptures that say we are saved from eternal hell ?. Just give me a minute 2 pull up the 2 verses that you think we are saved from eternal that don't say anything of the sort. Hang on

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish in eternal hell but have eternal life

Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath that sends you into eternal hell through him!

Do you see what is wrong with both of these scriptures?. Correct, in my obsession of eternal hell i added eternal hell to them

Thanks in advance xx
I am sorry I did not answer the way you wanted me to answer, but then again it was MY answer, not YOURS.

Have a nice day.

Old 01-04-2014, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
the ordinary procedure for a historian at the time to begin a second volume summarizing the first edition.

Not surprising that intellectual dishonesty doesn't change .... summarizing isn't estimating.
An intellectual position is that the 1st edition by the same author is no less valid to the answer being demanded.

However that isn't the purpose why one "gets up off the floor laughing his English arse off " simply because of intellectual dishonesty. Rather God explains why people accuse God of being unjust and mock him:
Yes, what else explains the mockery other than they know it's the truth that
and the more that is repeated, the more unjust they feel God is.

I would not be surprised to read that another OP will come forth from the spirit of accusations attempting to justify that God is unjust.
I'm sorry i am not going to reply to your posts unless you learn to reason together instead of spitting out bulleted verses of eternal condemnation, which i assume you think give credence to what you are saying. The god you believe in is unjust.

Old 01-04-2014, 01:15 PM

Quote:
I am sorry I did not answer the way you wanted me to answer, but then again it was MY answer, not YOURS.

Have a nice day.
Well the way i want you to answer is the way you would want me to answer, with scripture.

Xx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity