Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2014, 05:57 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,797,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So you don't know if there is retribution for those who are rejecting the teaching of eternal hell?
Its funny how you reword the question after I answer it. Some things never change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 06:00 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,529,924 times
Quote:
Another one who finds it difficult to say one way or another whether their conscience bears witness to eternal punishment through torment is unjust.

How is such a question to be taken as being hostile ? Are you so afraid to examine yourself just in case you don't like what you hear ?.
I have no intentions to entertain your vanity other than to declare that God's Judgments are just ... which is to include sending the wicked people to their damnation.

Old 01-03-2014, 06:03 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,439,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I know perfectly well what Universalists DO teach and it's intellectually dishonest to say that God will UTTERLY DESTROY the wickedness from us.

Scriptures teach that Jesus NEVER says such thing ........ unless you fornicate that God is Just about the wicked being judged as the wicked people they are.

Which btw ... is what the universalists replied to Jesus:
" 'We are not illegitimate children,' they protested" John 8:41
You can protest or high five each other all you want .... you've lost the argument according to Jesus.
Twin, when you read that God will save his people from their sins (it doesn't say, "from eternal hell", by the way), what does that mean to you?

Old 01-03-2014, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpethim View Post
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, Jesus DOES say He will destroy the wickedness in us: Matthew 16:26, "For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?" Also, Matthew 10:28, "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

No spirit is mentioned here by Jesus.

Also, Paul said in 1 Cor 3:12-15, "Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire."

It's pretty plain that the judgment will burn up the ungodly portion of our beings, to the extent that is needed to be burned. This is hell. Once the destruction is complete, the judgment is over.

Old 01-03-2014, 06:07 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,398,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Its funny how you reword the question after I answer it. Some things never change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If such person later learns about the teachings of Christ, and declares he rejects it, then is he/she a believer? God will judge his/her heart.
So because i flat out reject what you believe the bible teaches, that Jesus Christ taught that we are saved from eternal hell, I am going to be judged by God because of this ?. Is this what you are saying ?.

Or are you saying it is for God to judge not me ?.

Old 01-03-2014, 06:11 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,797,224 times
Quote:
So because i flat out reject what you believe the bible teaches, that Jesus Christ taught that we are saved from eternal hell, I am going to be judged by God because of this ?. Is this what you are saying ?.

Or are you saying it is for God to judge not me ?.
Read post 287.

Old 01-03-2014, 06:14 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,452,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
When you read that God will save his people from their sins, what does that mean to you?
He will deliver us from the error of our ways.
Only an unbeliever, doesn't believe this?

Old 01-03-2014, 06:16 PM

Quote:
You have completely got the reason totally out of whack if you think Jesus came to save us from ourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin
I understand Pleroo that God's will is for anyone who remains wicked will never see or experience what the righteous has.

Twin, do you not see the contradiction between these two statements ^^^ that you have made?

First you say God isn't going to save us from our wickedness.

Then you say anyone who remains wicked will never see or experience what the righteous has.

Who is saving you from "remaining wicked", Twin? You? Or is it the righteousness of Christ being raised in you that saves you from it?

Old 01-03-2014, 06:18 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,529,924 times
[quote=trumpethim;32861584]
Quote:
I know perfectly well what Universalists DO teach and it's intellectually dishonest to say that God will UTTERLY DESTROY the wickedness from us.

Scriptures teach that Jesus NEVER says such thing ........ unless you fornicate that God is Just about the wicked being judged as the wicked people they are.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, Jesus DOES say He will destroy the wickedness in us: Matthew 16:26, "For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?" Also, Matthew 10:28, "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

No spirit is mentioned here by Jesus.
"fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

Today isn't the day for the word shell game .... if you can't have the ability to understand that "soul" is your magical gotcha word for "spirit" then find somebody else to teach you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpethim View Post
Also, Paul said in 1 Cor 3:12-15, "Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire."

It's pretty plain that the judgment will burn up the ungodly portion of our beings, to the extent that is needed to be burned. This is hell. Once the destruction is complete, the judgment is over.
Hardly ... the only plain thing here is the grasping at anything to keep the lie that "illegitimate children" can find their way into being legitimate in way other than through repentance and believe in the truth.

1 Cor 3:12-15 is speaking to the fact that some people will barely escape the damnation of unbelievers despite being singed ... not by anything other than grace of God.

And just for you UR'ers ... that doesn't include the "many" that Jesus happens Matthew 7:13

Old 01-03-2014, 06:23 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,398,967 times
Quote:
I have no intentions to entertain your vanity other than to declare that God's Judgments are just ... which is to include sending the wicked people to their damnation.
Ok, i thought you were the only poster on here who had convinced themselves that eternal hell is a reality, not just being forced into to accepting it through fear of retribution of the god of dread and vengeance. Yes i know there are verses in the bible that talk about vengeance just like i know there are verse about the wicked being destroyed. Speaking of the wicked one(Esau i have hated), he gets destroyed in me daily as i become more and more convinced of who God says that i am, rather than who the wicked one says i am.

My sheep hear my voice(behold what manner of love the Father as bestowed upon us that we should be called the sons of God) and another voice they will not listen to( who the wicked one says i am).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity