Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2014, 11:49 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,998,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Yes. A lot is made of the McMurray anklyosaur. Supposedly found uncrushed and intact 200 metres off the shore. That raised the question of how it could be intact? Fossils tend to be flattened in the course of fossils. Is this really as 'intact' as is claimed? The Creation Institute doesn't give a lot of detail but just presents it as something that ought not to be there. Hint can only be explained by a global flood.

It is not good enough. One intact fossil doth not a Biblical flood make. There could be many scenarios by which a prehistoric beast could end up washed into the sea and buried by mud.
Who said there was just one intact fossil?
We are talking about fossils (that's plural in case you forgot your grammar) all over the world. Do you understand simple English? "fossils (plural) all over the world." Not just one fossil in one location.
Now quit playing your games with us.

Quote:
At one time the siberian mammoths were touted around as proof of a flood and a snap freezing afterwards. Again, where are the other prehistoric creatures? The men? The masonry? The cattle? Now it is mentioned as an argument that Creationists should not use.

Don't let yourself go rushing away with these glib claims of animals and fish altogether. It could come back and slam another nail in the Creationist coffin.

Final comment I am sure I can't persuade you and it is after all me you have to convince -you already believe it.

The others here following the wrangle deserve to have both sides of the case put.
So now you are telling all of us that the guy was lying? that he did not find sea creatures mixed in with land animals and land fauna? Is that how you want to play your new game?

Old 01-29-2014, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpethim View Post
I have no problem with you either Arequipa, although my handle is Trumpethim, not the trumpet, nor trumpetass.

And one other thing that you may have missed. There weren't just a few marine fossils found in the strata with land fossils. It was in the trillions in just a relatively small examined area, and yet this was found in large areas of land mass in the hundreds of thousands of square miles.

And you're right; you won't find any un-forgiveness in me.
I caught that too trumpethim. He obviously is going to a new low in calling you names.

I no longer have much respect for Arequipa. He talks so "educated" but in the end, he knows nothing like he should.

Old 01-29-2014, 01:22 PM

50,089 posts, read 20,798,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Who said there was just one intact fossil?
We are talking about fossils (that's plural in case you forgot your grammar) all over the world. Do you understand simple English? "fossils (plural) all over the world." Not just one fossil in one location.
Now quit playing your games with us.

So now you are telling all of us that the guy was lying? that he did not find sea creatures mixed in with land animals and land fauna? Is that how you want to play your new game?
You can call them 'games' if you want. The situation is that the present state of knowledge of palaeontology and geology is of layers laid down over millions of years and a progression of bioforms matching that.

Also that marine fossils are expected in marine deposits and land fossils in land deposits.

Departures from that of course have to be looked at. The McMurdo Ankylosaur is one such. Others I have seen don't add up to much. They do not bring down orthodox science on the matter nor replace it with a proven flood. Sorry.

sorry about the tweak on the name. It was 'trumpet him' is so darn pretentious. Sue me. I am too canny to be dragged into an exchange of personalities.

Old 01-29-2014, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
You can call them 'games' if you want. The situation is that the present state of knowledge of palaeontology and geology is of layers laid down over millions of years and a progression of bioforms matching that.

Also that marine fossils are expected in marine deposits and land fossils in land deposits.

Departures from that of course have to be looked at. The McMurdo Ankylosaur is one such. Others I have seen don't add up to much. They do not bring down orthodox science on the matter nor replace it with a proven flood. Sorry.

sorry about the tweak on the name. It was 'trumpet him' is so darn pretentious. Sue me. I am too canny to be dragged into an exchange of personalities.
Sorry but the evidence is left all over the world: land animals in the same layer with sea animals. You lose.

Old 01-29-2014, 01:41 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,242,237 times
Quote:
Sorry but the evidence is left all over the world: land animals in the same layer with sea animals. You lose.
The only thing Ark-naysayers lose is belief in a lie.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:17 PM

5,537 posts, read 7,126,623 times
Quote:
..CAN'T YOU FREAKING READ?????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????
CAN'T YOU FREAKING LISTEN TO THE VIDEOS???????????????????????????????????
HOW IN HADES CAN YOU MAKE SUCH STATEMENTS???????????????????????????????????????? ??..
Now, waiting for the unsigned, anonymous, insanely obscene reps like those from so many others who have gone before you.

Last edited by Tantalust; 01-29-2014 at 02:26 PM..

Old 01-29-2014, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The only thing Ark-naysayers lose is belief in a lie.
Nope, you lose. Sorry, but Noah's flood is written in stone all over the world.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
Now, waiting for the unsigned, anonymous, insanely obscene reps like those from so many who have gone before you.
I feel sorry for you. All you can do is be like a drive by unbeliever who, when he drives by, takes pot shots using inane statements at people and leaves.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:27 PM

546 posts, read 548,262 times
Quote:
Nope, you lose. Sorry, but Noah's flood is written in stone all over the world.
It is especially written in stone uphill of where the Ark has come to rest!

And Eusebius, don't sweat it, this is not a thread to determine winners and losers.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:30 PM

484 posts, read 884,196 times
Quote:
I feel sorry for you. All you can do is be like a drive by unbeliever who, when he drives by, takes pot shots using inane statements at people and leaves.
That sounds like a personal attack. Can you not argue respectfully?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity