Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2017, 05:31 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
In English...
John said it well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2017, 11:46 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I find this concern over names to be silly. There is only one God and only one human who achieved Oneness with him. As Daniel characterized them, the religions are identifiable, Lion of Judah. Here is Daniel's description of yours:

From Daniel 7:2, the origin of the beasts,

. . . And behold the four winds of heaven strove upon the great sea. And four great beasts, different one from another, came up out of the sea.

Thus, the origin of the beasts is heaven, a logical source of religious beliefs.

From Daniel 7:4,

. . . The first was like a lioness and had the wings of an eagle: I beheld till her wings were plucked off and she was lifted up from the earth, and stood upon her feet as a man, and the heart of a man was given to her.

This would be a reference to Judaism (the lion of Juda) from whom the wings of eternity were plucked and the heart of Jesus was given to her in crucifixion.

I would be more concerned about that particular description than what name to call God or Jesus if I were a Lion of Judah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion of Judah View Post
Not only is your analogy utterly incorrect, it makes no sense. If you READ DANIEL, the book clearly tells you the beasts in his vision represent KINGDOMS of the earth. Babylon is represented by the lion, and where was Daniel when he received this vision of terrible beasts? The fourth beast is ironically Rome, who created what? A false representation of an Israelite movement. Christianity is not the movement that Yashaya taught. That movement along with the name Jesus comes from Rome and the movement started by Constantine. According to THE BIBLE, names mean an awful lot.
The Bible is a spiritual book to be interpreted spiritually, NOT in worldly terms. I don't know why anyone would try to associate any worldly events or kingdoms with what is in the Bible. The kingdoms of concern to God are spiritual ones and those are religions. You are correct that Rome and the religion promoted by Constantine is Christianity. It was described by Daniel as well:

From Daniel 7:7,

. . . After this I beheld in the vision of the night, and lo, a fourth beast, terrible and wonderful, and exceeding strong, it had great iron teeth, eating and breaking in pieces, and treading down the rest with its feet.

This would be the Christianity of Roman Catholicism, (the Iron of the industrial revolution) and the eating and breaking in pieces, signifies the splitting into various "Protestant" sects that it has been undergoing during its spread throughout the world.

From Daniel 7:23

23And thus he said: The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be greater than all the kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.

More less than stellar news for you, Lion of Judah.

Old 06-30-2017, 12:05 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The Bible is a spiritual book to be interpreted spiritually, NOT in worldly terms. I don't know why anyone would try to associate any worldly events or kingdoms with what is in the Bible. The kingdoms of concern to God are spiritual ones and those are religions. You are correct that Rome and the religion promoted by Constantine is Christianity. It was described by Daniel as well:

. . . After this I beheld in the vision of the night, and lo, a fourth beast, terrible and wonderful, and exceeding strong, it had great iron teeth, eating and breaking in pieces, and treading down the rest with its feet.

This would be the Christianity of Roman Catholicism, (the Iron of the industrial revolution) and the eating and breaking in pieces, signifies the splitting into various "Protestant" sects that it has been undergoing during its spread throughout the world.

23And thus he said: The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be greater than all the kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.

More less than stellar news for you, Lion of Judah.
Right you are.
And do you honestly think the enemy will touch the word and scrye a place?

Take that spine and tell a man of the covenant.

Tell me a story.

Old 06-30-2017, 03:26 PM

6 posts, read 5,218 times
So Judaism was the first "spiritual Kingdom"? Ha ha, tell me another good joke. If we are talking spirituality, there are numerous civilizations who had spiritual concepts before there ever was a man named Jacob. Egypt, Sumer, Chaldea and Elam just to name a few. There have been FOUR world empires in history and Daniel saw four beasts. Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece and Rome are the kingdoms and each copied the former system that was before it. The entire Bible is centered around the children of Israel, and ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE God will regather those same people and rebuild that same nation.

Old 06-30-2017, 04:22 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion of Judah View Post
So Judaism was the first "spiritual Kingdom"? Ha ha, tell me another good joke. If we are talking spirituality, there are numerous civilizations who had spiritual concepts before there ever was a man named Jacob. Egypt, Sumer, Chaldea and Elam just to name a few. There have been FOUR world empires in history and Daniel saw four beasts. Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece and Rome are the kingdoms and each copied the former system that was before it. The entire Bible is centered around the children of Israel, and ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE God will regather those same people and rebuild that same nation.
I never said anything about chronology and neither did Daniel. He simply spoke of four spiritual kingdoms that would arise and they have. This would seem to bear repeating:

Secular contemporaneous historical analysis is a common misuse of scriptures. Scriptures are inspirations recorded primarily to aid our consciousnesses in understanding God and our ultimate purpose . . . not to provide a historical or anthropological description of our past! We should NOT be looking for the secular significance of what is written. We should always seek out the spiritual significance . . . since scripture is dedicated to revelations of religious significance rather than secular significance.

Using Daniel as worldly prophesy, you would have to exclude Babylon, Persia, Greece and Rome from contention as the beasts (kingdoms) because despite its successes Rome did NOT devour the whole earth (and the world has not ended). Since no other "kingdom" has yet dominated the world, the vision must refer to things unfulfilled so no reasonable symbolic relationships could be attached to any other secular kingdoms. It is also far more likely that it is a religious "kingdom" that Christ will preside over . . . since God's kingdom is within and the idea of actual kingdoms is gradually disappearing from human society.

The prophesies in Daniel are repeatedly referred to in discussions of the end days.

Daniel 12:4 King James Version (KJV)

4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Daniel 12:9 King James Version (KJV)

9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

Daniel 2:28 King James Version (KJV)

28 But there is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets, and maketh known to the king Nebuchadnezzar what shall be in the latter days. Thy dream, and the visions of thy head upon thy bed, are these;

Daniel 8:19 King James Version (KJV)

19 And he said, Behold, I will make thee know what shall be in the last end of the indignation: for at the time appointed the end shall be.

Daniel's dream about the four beasts in Daniel 7 is controversial because people keep trying to use a carnal and secular historical bias instead of a spiritual perspective for interpretation. Secular kingdoms are NOT the focus of Daniel's dream in Daniel 7. The Bible is first and foremost a spiritual book. Our consciousnesses are on a spiritual quest, not a carnal secular one.

It is much easier to draw symbolic spiritual connections to Daniel’s dream using as "kingdoms" the religious faiths that have emerged and persist even to this day. It is also important to remember that the order of appearance in the dream has nothing to do with the order of appearance historically. Linear time sequences were NOT part of the mindset of Daniel and our ancient ancestors . . . the character and specifics ALONE identify the "kingdoms" . . . NOT the order of appearance.

Daniel 7 (Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition)

From Daniel 7:2, the origin of the beasts,

. . . And behold the four winds of heaven strove upon the great sea. And four great beasts, different one from another, came up out of the sea.

Thus, the origin of the beasts is heaven, a logical source of religious beliefs.

From Daniel 7:4,

. . . The first was like a lioness and had the wings of an eagle: I beheld till her wings were plucked off and she was lifted up from the earth, and stood upon her feet as a man, and the heart of a man was given to her.

This would be a reference to Judaism (the lion of Juda) from whom the wings of eternity were plucked and the heart of Jesus was given to her in crucifixion.

From Daniel 7:5,

. . . and behold another beast like a bear stood up on one side: and there were three rows in the mouth thereof, and in the teeth thereof, and thus they said to it: Arise, devour much flesh.

This is a reference to Islam, (the bear of Persia) and the rows of teeth are the offshoots of it. Indeed, the holy war or Jihad that established Islam "devoured much flesh" and it continues to do so.

From Daniel 7:6,

. . . After this I beheld, and lo, another like a leopard, and it had upon it four wings as of a fowl, and the beast had four heads, and power was given to it.

The four heads immediately bring to mind Brahmanism (the leopard of India). Originally five heads were assigned to Brahma, but one was destroyed by Siva. The four heads symbolize the main offshoots of it. The power that was given to it was probably the Taoist philosophy, or the way of life which stresses charity (agape love). The wings most likely symbolize the capability of each offshoot for flight into heaven.

<snip> (References to the many Christian Kings of Europe)

From Daniel 7:28

28 Hitherto is the end of the Word.

The phrase "end of the Word," since the Word is God (John 1:1) would seem to further corroborate this general line of interpretation. Since the fourth beast is Christianity . . . which seems to have special significance, e.g. "shall devour the whole earth" . . . I am confident that Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life.

Old 06-30-2017, 04:26 PM

11,103 posts, read 7,164,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfoush21 View Post
A couple a months ago I found out the true names of the most high, and that I've been calling on the wrong names for so long. With my new found knowledge I told these names to my family, but they didn't really care. When I told them that we've been calling on false gods, they replied with the ever so famous "GOD KNOWS MY HEART". So are they wrong for calling on pagan names. Here are the names

IN Hebrew it's AHAYAH ASHER AHAYAH, which mean I AM THAT I AM. Which he told to Moses. YASHAYA, which means my savior.

Most of us know Jesus isn't Christ's real name, nor YAHWEH(YHWH),Jehovah,Yah,JahEl Shaddai,Yeshua, and etc. Since The Most High isn't the Author of confusion I can only assume he only had one name for us to call on. So are they wrong for proclaiming pagan names, when they know its not his true name?
If we were to only speak one holy name (or set of names), there would be only one language across the earth. Obviously this is not the case, and wasn't the case in the early days, and in the Bible (the "confusion of tongues" in Luke, etc.)

Additionally, there is no clear, specific warning or commandment that we use one name (or set of names). If there was no commandment, we shouldn't start playing God and creating one in his place.

This is a non-issue.... unless you want to get tripped up in man's confusion, and/or cause others to worry and stumble.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:29 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,454,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
If we were to only speak one holy name (or set of names), there would be only one language across the earth. Obviously this is not the case, and wasn't the case in the early days, and in the Bible (the "confusion of tongues" in Luke, etc.)

Additionally, there is no clear, specific warning or commandment that we use one name (or set of names). If there was no commandment, we shouldn't start playing God and creating one in his place.

This is a non-issue.... unless you want to get tripped up in man's confusion, and/or cause others to worry and stumble.
The concept of Yahweh and Jehovah, like Allah, is really a rejection of the Trinity--the concept of the triune (tri-unity) God. It's what I call Strict Monotheism.

Old 07-01-2017, 01:58 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,729,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfoush21 View Post
A couple a months ago I found out the true names of the most high, and that I've been calling on the wrong names for so long. With my new found knowledge I told these names to my family, but they didn't really care. When I told them that we've been calling on false gods, they replied with the ever so famous
"GOD KNOWS MY HEART". So are they wrong for calling on pagan names.

Here are the names

IN Hebrew it's AHAYAH ASHER AHAYAH, which mean I AM THAT I AM. Which he told to Moses.

YASHAYA, which means my savior.

Most of us know Jesus isn't Christ's real name, nor YAHWEH(YHWH),Jehovah,Yah,JahEl Shaddai,Yeshua, and etc. Since The Most High isn't the Author of confusion I can only assume he only had one name for us to call on. So are they wrong for proclaiming pagan names, when they know its not his true name?
I think he wants to be called Ishi most ..
and Brother and cousin and uncle and a MAN!
I think that has been his goal the whole time.

and Big Daddy wants to be called Papa/Abba and Father and Daddy.. and I think that has been his goal this whole time.

I think all the recorded names are just his deeds as it is in the culture he choses to be from ..
and his deeds is not who he is but what he did .
Like I have a native grandpa with 20 names like Jesus does and he has more in other tribes because he did lots of stuff ... but that is what they did in that time . not who they were just what they did .
I think God and his son's real Goals is to become closer to us than having us just know what they have done or what they will do for us .

I asked Jesus / Big brother why he did something and this is the song he lead me too. it explains Love and the kind of Love that has become not just important not just us , but to him also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgGU...MI0S6-cXJ0PV3b

yes I think he likes
" brother" or "older brother " I think the son of David would have liked everyone to be so close to the Father to be able to say like just " hey Man" ........ and maybe someday Husband or maybe even a daddy maybe.. and no more Baali( LORD ) he doesn't want to Be "Lord" . and no one gets that about him.

Hos 2:16
And it shall be at that day, saith the LORD, that thou shalt call me Ishi; and shalt call me no more Baali.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 07-01-2017 at 02:17 PM..

Old 07-01-2017, 06:45 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,729,692 times
so everyone list your jobs like they are your names .. how does it feel to be known only as housewife , dishwasher, lifeguard, home school teacher , baby sitter . do you know me now ?

this may help you know me by what I have done, but you wouldn't know me on the street if you met me either.

so everyone list your jobs and then tell us if people called you by those jobs would you say that would you
then consider that they Knew you? or even consider them being your friend? if they can't say anything at a personal level about you? are they your friend?

do list all your jobs in history and maybe some of your greatest deeds.... like creator ( of ART).... then see just how impersonal they look .
He wants you to know him by your conversations with him, and not by what he does for you. not that he wouldn't do those things for us .. but if you only introduced your wife as "your dishwasher amd your Lover". you wouldn't be that for very long and she would stop doing the dishes too..

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 07-01-2017 at 06:56 PM..

Old 07-01-2017, 09:12 PM

6 posts, read 5,218 times
MysticPhD, what does the Bible say about PRIVATE INTERPRETATION?? There is none. YOU SAY the beasts came from heaven, yet THE SCRIPTURES SAY they came from the sea. Why doesn't Revelation chapter 13 match your interpretation? You say the fourth beast is Christianity and not Rome. These verses say otherwise, unless you can show me how Christianity is a mixture of those other religions you named. I can easily show how Rome was a mixture of all the kingdoms before it. Verse 2 clearly tells us that this beast is A MIXTURE of the former beasts, please explain how Christianity fits this description.

Revelation 13:1-3

1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity