Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 05:07 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
A series of non sequiturs from a verse produced by the ancient ignorance and superstition of the OT writers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Nope, denied by modern superstition and ignorance.
If there is one thing that characterizes modern 21st century thinking it is the LACK of superstition, ignorance and fables . . . the opposite of the writings from BCE and 1st century CE. The denial here is not mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2014, 05:15 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
If there is one thing that characterizes modern 21st century thinking it is the LACK of superstition, ignorance and fables . . . the opposite of the writings from BCE and 1st century CE. The denial here is not mine.
That of course is what is claimed, but man is still man. Not everyone in any age was superstitious or believed in fables. It is conceited "modern" man who call truth that they don't like such. That same "modern" mindset isn't modern at all, it is just claimed to be as though that makes it true.

1000 BC
ASV Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works; There is none that doeth good.

Nothing modern about it, just the same arrogance.

Old 02-15-2014, 05:23 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,698,675 times
Quote:
You got it.

Many believe modern fables thinking they are really wiser than man in the past. What arrogance and foolishness.

Modern Fable: Satan is not real he is you and your own inward desires, etc.

Just what Satan wants and they ... cooperate with him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastorALly View Post
I look it this way; if Satan is not real then angels are not real. If angels are not real then the angel of God also referred to as the angel of the LORD is not real. If the angel of God is not real then God is a liar for God said, "Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared." Exodus 23:20
Amen !
Well all one can do is present God's reality, truth, as ppl are going to believe what they choose.

As we can see just what the scripture teach that satan has and does blind the minds of ppl in this world. It is his territory, that is this world, and has been allowed by God to do what he is/has been doing since the beginning.... to destroy all that God has created.

No, satan was not in Peter.
Yes, Peter was influenced by satan at that moment to the god of this world which manipulates us through our flesh, feelings, emotions, and our thoughts to deceive us to follow are own desires.... rather the will of God.
And I do believe satan was there at that moment Christ was rebuking... as satan was trying to influence Peter emotions through his thoughts and emotions and Christ knew this and rebuked satan and his influence in Peters mind, feelings and to get away from Peter. Not satan being in Peter.

We do not have two natures but one. And are born with that nature that is blinded and is in opposition constantly to the things of God.
Until we are born again through Christ our spirits are dead and can not know the spiritual part of us that hears, understands the things of God's kingdom and His will for our lives. All we know is the nature of the flesh which is controlled by ourselves, sin, this world and its system.

Look at Judas at the last supper when satan entered him. Judas was not possessed by satan until Christ spoke and it came too pass. "he who dipped his hand with Me in the dish will betray Me." It was Judas who asked, "Rabbi is it I? Matt.26:25. Read this truth in Matt.26:17-26.

Up to that point Judas was influenced, manipulated by his sin and the master of sin, satan, Judas obeyed his desire, his hunger, in this case his sin of greed, and his greed won out..... betraying the most beautiful gift given to him and mankind, life in Christ Jesus !

Sin is so deceptive and blinding, making things seem right when all the time one has been deceived by whatever unbelief, sin in that life, manipulating their flesh to deny and betraying the heart into believing all its lies.

God knew the heart of Judas and that he had a deep desire too the sin of greed and God handed him (Judas) over to his sin because He knew the power of Judas flesh was stronger then his desire to serve the Lord. Like the Lord warning that we can not serve two masters, we will hate one and love the other. And in this case Judas loved his greed more then the Lord Jesus.

Yes, satan is real and he is trying to manipulate and influence ppl in this very thread to believe the lies.
Rather then trust this thread for truth.... go to the source, God and His precious word.

Blessings

Old 02-15-2014, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Quote:
That of course is what is claimed, but man is still man. Not everyone in any age was superstitious or believed in fables. It is conceited "modern" man who call truth that they don't like such. That same "modern" mindset isn't modern at all, it is just claimed to be as though that makes it true.
1000 BC
ASV Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works; There is none that doeth good.
Nothing modern about it, just the same arrogance.
Are you seriously suggesting that I do NOT believe there is a God? ME? I am the one person on here that has ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY that there is a God . . . an unconditionally loving and accepting God . . . exactly as unambiguously revealed by Christ!! We each believe what we must to anchor our belief in God . . . and I have no desire to interfere with any of it. Whatever produces belief in God and Christ is of God, IMO. But I started with no such anchor. I started with absolute certainty that God exists . . . without any specific beliefs. If your level of spirituality requires belief in superstition and fables . . . so be it. Mine does NOT.

Old 02-15-2014, 05:42 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Are you seriously suggesting that I do NOT believe there is a God? ME? I am the one person on here that has ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY that there is a God . . . an unconditionally loving and accepting God . . . exactly as unambiguously revealed by Christ!! We each believe what we must to anchor our belief in God . . . and I have no desire to interfere with any of it. Whatever produces belief in God and Christ is of God, IMO. But I started with no such anchor. I started with absolute certainty that God exists . . . without any specific beliefs. If your level of spirituality requires belief in superstition and fables . . . so be it. Mine does NOT.
OK, I do not believe fables, etc either. I believe the Bible, not the perversions that man has created out of it.

Old 02-15-2014, 06:04 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,344,722 times
Quote:
If your level of spirituality requires belief in superstition and fables . . . so be it. Mine does NOT.
Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very true!

Old 02-15-2014, 07:13 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I believe the Bible. I know that might be a foreign concept to you--but I take it for what it says.
I'd bet my house that TroutDude knows you believe the Bible. I'd bet everything in it that he understands the concept. Your little barbs aimed at your fellow posters seem most un-Christ like to me. Does the Devil make you do it?

Last edited by DewDropInn; 02-15-2014 at 07:35 PM..

Old 02-15-2014, 07:54 PM

Default "If I were the devil"

The beauty of reason and rationality is that it enables one to investigate these types of "thought experiments" for their logic. The existence of such a being is completely illogical and irrational given a belief in a loving God. What possible motivation would there be for such an evil being? Given the ultimate outcome of any such opposition to God . . . what would such a being conceivably get out of it??? It is far more logical to recognize that it is our survival motivation and its attendant pleasure-seeking and pain-avoidance proclivities that are the source of all human evil . . . NOT some evil being!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity