Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2014, 06:34 AM

1,030 posts, read 844,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Hope you are staying safe from the tornados. 75 million Americans are still on the path of the storms, while 30 have lost their lives.
Thank you Finn! Last report I saw there have been 6 who have been killed by the storms in Alabama over night. We had a couple of tornadoes on the ground within 15 to 20 miles of us but no damage to our home or property that I can tell. I can see a few small limbs down in the area but that seems to be all. My work has been delayed until noon today so I have not gotten out and about yet.

Old 04-29-2014, 07:00 AM

7,345 posts, read 6,974,544 times
In Jesus opinion,
If you leave Paul's influence out of the gospel all together; you get the truth.
Jesus directed the disciples to teach His gospel, long before Paul even entered the picture.
Jesus never once used nor implied the word grace, and at avery turn taught accountability.
If there is no accountability due to grace, then that contradicts Jesus .
If I am going to fault, it will be based on the words of Jesus ,not the words of men .
Jesus will be judge on that day not one man.
Matthew 7;21,22,23, not based on noble performance but on obedient performance, one can only have in the Holy Spirit being obedient to Him.
Not academics .
Jesus did not emphasize bible study to the disciples ,He required their performance Obedience .
Paul set aside the old testament law, to establish his own rules of behavior for the church.
Jesus designated the Holy Spirit to instruct the believer in God's will .
The disciples were commissioned to preach Jesus Gospel of God's provision of the Holy Spirit through Jesus sacrifice and resurrection .
Repentance is the turning from self govern to God Govern.
Repentance is not apology . Proof of one's worship to God, is obedience to Jesus and the Holy Spirit, Jesus designated to teach in His place.
I put to you what jesus said to His disciples ,
" Why do you all me Lord but do not do the things I tell you ?"
Merely calling Jesus Lord, and "not" being under His instruction, the Holy Spirit's influence , constitutes a lie ,identity theft, God is forced to Judge ,not defend.
Academic knowledge does not constitute a relationship.
If academics were required no child could be saved.
No one limited to academic understanding could be saved .
That is not God's provision.
The Holy Spirit is God's provision. Salvation is in the capacity of obedience via the Holy Spirit.
John 15;
God will remove the leaches from His son, just as you would/should, your own children.
A leach is one attached but are self serving .
Bearing fruit comes from taking HIS instruction , not what feels good to yourself, nor the instruction of others based on academics or feelings.
God's approval is not a matter of what men think ,but what He thinks .
And often times none man's instruction is not going to be the same for other men.
God is that specific ,often very exacting as to what is to be done or not done per the situation.
Just like the prophets of old the capacity and responsibility is to obey .
Blessed are they that do hunger and thirst after righteousness ,for they shall be filled.
How desperate are you for God's will in your life ?, that is the question.
Early men of God had no bible ,no accumulation of other men's instruction from God .and when a man tried to use previous instruction in place of seeking/fallowing current instruction he lost access to the promised land . Might that be you.?

Last edited by arleigh; 04-29-2014 at 07:12 AM..

Old 04-29-2014, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
In Jesus opinion,
If you leave Paul's influence out of the gospel all together; you get the truth.
Jesus directed the disciples to teach His gospel long before Paul even entered the picture.
Jesus never once used nor implied the word grace, and at avery turn taught accountability.
If there is no accountability due to grace than that contradicts Jesus .
If I am going to fault it will be based on the words of Jesus ,not the words of men . Jesus will be judge on that day not one man. Matthew 7;21,22,23, not based on noble performance but on obedient performance, one can only have in the Holy Spirit being obedient to Him.
Not academics .
Jesus did not emphasize bible study to the disciples ,He required their performance Obedience .
Paul set aside the old testament law to establish his own rules of behavior for the church.
Jesus designated the Holy Spirit to instruct the believer in God's will . The disciples were commissioned to preach Jesus Gospel of God's provision through Jesus sacrifice and resurrection .
Repentance is the turning from self govern to God Govern.
Repentance is not apology . Proof of one's worship to God is obedience to Jesus and the Holy Spirit, Jesus designated to teach in His place.
I put to you what jesus said to Hid disciples ,
" Why do you all me Lord but do not do the things I tell you ?"
Merely calling Jesus Lord, and "not" being under His instruction, the Holy Spirit's influence , constitutes a lie ,identity theft, God is forced to Judge ,not defend.
Academic knowledge does not constitute a relationship.
If academics were required no child could be saved.
No one limited to academic understanding could be saved .
Any one not having academic teaching could be saved.
That is not God's provision.
The Holy Spirit is God's provision. Salvation is in the capacity of obedience via the Holy Spirit. John 15;
God will remove the leaches from His son, just as you would/should, your own children.
A leach is one attached but are self serving .
Bearing fruit comes from taking HIS instruction , not what feels good to yourself nor the instruction of others based on academics or feelings.
God's approval is not a matter of what men think ,but what He thinks . And often times none man's instruction is not going to be the same for other men.
God is that specific ,often very exacting as to what is to be done or not done per the situation.
Just like the prophets of old the capacity and responsibility is to obey .
Blessed are they that do hunger and thirst after righteousness ,for they shall be filled.
How desperate are you for God's will in your life ?, that is the question.
So you think Jesus was wrong to give us the Gospel of Grace through Paul? Interesting. I don't know many who claim Jesus was wrong.

Old 04-29-2014, 07:45 AM

37,347 posts, read 28,430,937 times
Question for Finn Jarber and RD. If you are not experiencing in reality the salvation of God, how would you define your experience ?. At the very least you have to admit that you have gone astray. How many entered the promise land that came out of Egypt ?

Old 04-29-2014, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Question for Finn Jarber and RD. If you are not experiencing in reality the salvation of God, how would you define your experience ?. At the very least you have to admit that you have gone astray. How many entered the promise land that came out of Egypt ?
I am experiencing the reality of the salvation of God. I have the Holy Spirit of Promise and am sealed unto the day of redemption. My sin's are forgiven. I am free indeed.

I have not gone astray so I need not admit any such thing.

Who are you to make that judgement about me?

I don't recall the exact number who entered the promised land.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightly Divided View Post
I am experiencing the reality of the salvation of God. I have the Holy Spirit of Promise and am sealed unto the day of redemption. My sin's are forgiven. I am free indeed.

I have not gone astray so I need not admit any such thing.

Who are you to make that judgement about me?

I don't recall the exact number who entered the promised land.
What is that experience ?

Old 04-29-2014, 08:04 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,833,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightly Divided View Post
Amen. Yes, the Bible uses the word "sealed" when it speaks about the saved people.

2 Cor 1:22 He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

Some people here promote a belief that this seal of ownership is placed, taken out, placed again, taken out etc over and over during a person's lifetime. What kind of guarantee would it be if it was taken back? Wat kind of seal is created and broken over and over?

Old 04-29-2014, 08:21 AM

Quote:
What is that experience ?
In what way? There are many aspects to my salvation. I am saved from myself I think is a term you like. I have freedom from sin and it's affects. I have a relationship with God. I can boldly approach His throne and commune with Him. I have the ever present Holy Spirit to guide me into all truth.

What is your experience with salvation? Please share with us and not just ask questions.

Last edited by Rightly Divided; 04-29-2014 at 09:02 AM..

Old 04-29-2014, 08:40 AM

1,534 posts, read 1,998,037 times
Quote:
I thought you would like this one me old shipmate and was expecting such a response.

If we ain't living we are dying.

Just tell me how is our enemy being that of our own household, confusing to you. Scripture clear defines death as an enemy and to be carnally minded is sin and death. It also clearly states that we have salvation from our enemies, what is confusing about that, who are your enemies?. Your enemy is clearly defined in the beatitudes as reaction, the whole discourse is about reaction and action, so reaction is our biggest enemy to the way of life. Not that hard to understand if you ask me, just difficult to accept because what you have always believed.

Please tell me how what i am saying here is confusion to you. Jesus by the way, confused the heck out of a teacher of Israel, when he said you must be born again.

Better still, tell me this, is your enemy the one who slaps you on the side of your face, or your wrong reaction to the slap on the face?. Or like Adam are you going to blame your reaction on someone else for what you did ?.

Quote:
Just tell me how is our enemy being that of our own household, confusing to you.
Where did I say it was confusing to me. I'm not the one that's confused, you are the one that's teaching confusion. Big difference. Christ told us our own family members would betray us during the GT. What's so hard about that to understand? Sounds to me like you're the confused one, not me.

Quote:
Scripture clear defines death as an enemy and to be carnally minded is sin and death.
It sure does, but what does Rom. 8:6 mean? And Rom. 6:4, and 6:23? They all speak dead and/or burial. So what or who dies and/or is buried? This body? Or our carnal mind?
Rom. 6:4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.
What you don't seem to grasp/understand is our 'old self,' our 'carnal mind' must decrease so the 'mind of Christ,' within us, can increase in us. What you don't seem to grasp/understand is it's not about dying/death, it's about a relationship with God/Christ.

It's about loving Him more than ourselves to the point of wanting to be obedient to His commands. Wanting to study to show ourselves approved. Wanting His will in our lives over our own [free] will. Wanting/longing for that "day," in the age to come, when we will see Him as He is.

And as to your ridiculous remark about Reaction/reaction, here's the beauties. Matt. 5:
1 ¶ And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:
2 And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,
3 ¶ Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
This shows me it's you that doesn't get it.

I can't help but feel very sorry for you because you are missing out on the greatest blessing one can receive in this age, which will carry over into the age to come, and become an even bigger blessing.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:05 PM

Me old shipmate.

Of cause it is our carnal nature that needs to be put to death. How? by acknowledging that it has been put to death. this is why Paul said reckon yourself dead to sin and alive unto God. You cannot put to death that which is already dead.

When we(who we really are)have not reckoned ourselves dead to our old man, what Jesus taught in the beatitudes is very difficult to live by, because that which is not the real I, is still alive.

The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace.

There is one mind and it chooses to be governed by the flesh or spirit.

Our Whole whole walk with God is dependent upon right action and right attitude, reacting causes us to miss the mark 100% of the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity