Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2014, 02:28 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I don't care who you trust, because you are not honest in your interactions.

You come in to ask the same question in every thread, and when it is answered, you ignore the answers. The obvious goal is to derail the conversation. You opened a thread about this very question yesterday, and someone went through the trouble of answering it, and today you already pretend no one answered question, and now you want to import that discussion here. What a waste of time. I have personally answered your question more times than I can count.

I understand you are embarrassed about your earlier error, but you'll just have to get over it.

If you do not want to discuss the topic, then don't. I will let mods deal with you (if they wish).

Final post to you.
I am perfectly open in what i believe knowing full well it goes against completely what the system believes. You have never answered the question what it is you believe you are saved from, even though it is obvious what you do believe by your defense of eternal.

You are such an hypocrite it untrue, you keep saying i am off topic, what about every cheap one liner jibes you keep having at me ?. The truth is you are not willing to say you believe salvation is salvation because you simply do not have 1 single bible verse to support it, even though you claim you are a bible believer.

Old 04-28-2014, 02:32 PM

Quote:
I know. He won't give up until mods close the thread for having gone off topic. It's classic pcamps.
Off topic

Quote:
And sometimes everyone is saved, and sometimes security of salvation is nonsense ("shallow and clueless doctrine of demons"). Go figure.
Off topic
Quote:
His error was exposed, so he changed his argument from "OSAS is nonsense, clueless. doctrine of demons" to arguing the "hell is nonsense, clueless doctrine of demons". He does this sort of thing all the time. It is hard to keep your stories straight when they are not built on a solid foundation.
Off topic

Recent comments made by you which are not only completely off topic, but attacks on me. You are willing to go off topic to make personal attacks on me, but absolutely unwilling to answer questions and be open and honest.

Old 04-28-2014, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
You've established it quite well ..... a person is saved from either
  • an eternal heaven
  • the long wait in getting into this eternal temporary place while the adamant non-Christian gets their act together
  • saved from their misconceptions of barbaric writers of an OT God
  • from conservative theology
  • from being a Biblean non-thinking Neanderthal
but never from the obvious because that would mean what .... you've been had?
Yes i do believe we are saved from the misconceptions of God that the system bewitched us with.

Old 04-28-2014, 02:36 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
too many christians see born again as a free ticket ride without payment for past wrongdoings. such a ticket invites repeat offense. a better path is amends which nicodemus demonstrated by offering to pay back money he ripped off 4 fold before taking jesus to his home.
If it's the truth you have to preach it. You have to preach the truth even if it runs the risk of "inviting repeat offense". Otherwise you'd be preaching a lie. Besides, belief in secured salvation does not mean you do not understand how to live a Christ pleasing life. Why couldn't you have both?

Would it make sense to preach a lie, because you think it would keep people from sinning? Jesus wanted us to preach the truth.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-28-2014 at 02:44 PM..

Old 04-28-2014, 02:41 PM

Quote:
I don't care who you trust, because you are not honest in your interactions.

You come in to ask the same question in every thread, and when it is answered, you ignore the answers. The obvious goal is to derail the conversation. You opened a thread about this very question yesterday, and someone went through the trouble of answering it, and today you already pretend no one answered question, and now you want to import that discussion here. What a waste of time. I have personally answered your question more times than I can count.

I understand you are embarrassed about your earlier error, but you'll just have to get over it.

If you do not want to discuss the topic, then don't. I will let mods deal with you (if they wish).

Final post to you.
I will remind you again, to give a response to the faith,grace and christ alone comment, we first have to establish what salvation is. It is just unfortunate that you so called bible believers happen to believe salvation is about salvation from eternal hell, this making to someone like myself who doesn't believe that, the statement of whether it faith, grace or christ alone irrelevant, because scriptural faith and grace in Christ is not based upon salvation from eternal hell.

Old 04-28-2014, 02:42 PM

Quote:
If it's the truth you have to preach it. You have to preach the truth even if it runs the risk of "inviting repeat offense". Otherwise you'd be preaching a lie. Besides belief in secured salvation does not mean you do not understand how to live a life pleasing to Christ. Why couldn't you believe both?
What is secured salvation ?.

Old 04-28-2014, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
A Christian is anyone who has received Christ as Savior and has therefore been given eternal life. Whether he picks up his cross and follows Jesus or not has no bearing on the fact that he has and always will have eternal life.

Avail yourself of the studies provided in the OP. Eternal life is a free gift and is not earned by anything that we can do.
I do not believe that is scriptural. A Christian according to the bible is someone who not only believes in Christ but walks by faith in the teachings of Christ, by denying(putting to death)his own thoughts and old nature ways and walking IN the righteousness of God. We will suffer the wrath of God if we do not take up our cross and put to death our old nature. Colossians 3:5

Old 04-28-2014, 03:37 PM

God raised up a horn of salvation ..To rescue us from the hand of our enemies,
and to enable us to serve him without fear
In holiness and righteousness before him all our days.
Luke 1:74-75
Biblical salvation ^^^

There is no use dismissing this, saying it is for Israel in the future and not for us,that would be just blatant cherry picking. Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness. Be ye holy for I AM holy. Perfect love casts out all fear.

Now who is our enemy?, it never is another, our enemy is our reaction to another.

Old 04-28-2014, 03:49 PM

1,030 posts, read 841,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Thankfully you are no longer able to fool anyone on this forum and its lurkers that you are saved from eternal without supporting it from the bible you claim you not only trust in but will not believe anything that is not in there. Well i have news for you, there is no salvation from eternal in YOUR BIBLE yet you still believe there is

I believe all bible fundamentalists will suffer the wrath of God, based on the belief OSAS from ET, why would you need to put death your earthly nature if you are going to be saved anyway?, clean on the outside, the God you believe in ain't daft and he is not influenced one iota by your boast you believe the bible is the word of God. Lay up for yourselves Treasure in heaven is not saying you believe in Jesus and the bible. Jesus clearly taught.

I tell you what, i will answer any question openly and without reservation about scriptural salvation if you are man enough to do likewise, but it needs scripture to support it. Deal ? This will hopefully put to death this personal vendetta of trying to discredit me with false accusations of deflecting and you going around the mulberry bush to hide the fact that you cannot support salvation, is salvation from eternal hell, rather the hell we have created for ourselves by continually missing the mark.
Quote:
No, i never said such a thing at all. I said the wrath of God is coming upon that which is not put to death in us.

Old 04-28-2014, 03:53 PM

1,030 posts, read 841,299 times
Quote:
Are you willing to openly share what you believe being saved and salvation is ?.
I am willing to discuss if one can loose their salvation or not. You said that the belief in not being able to loose salvation which is what OSAS simply means. (Hell is not part of that specific doctrine). I am asking if you agree that we cannot loose or forsake our salvation- Yes or No?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.