Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2014, 12:01 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, why not. There is nothing snide about the comments, because they state the truth. Here is how you lost the argument about security of salvation, and then jumped into arguing about something else.

LOL You can't make it up folks....

No one said anything about hell. You threw it in as a straw man argument, when you could no longer defend your earlier claims.
It is a doctrine of demons because salvation is not salvation from hell, how hard is that to understand. Neither is salvation about going to heaven, salvation is about being saved from your enemy(yourself), which is heaven. Is that really that hard to understand.

There will come a time when all are saved from their enemy(themselves).

OSAS from ET Does not produce the righteousness of God.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:02 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It is a doctrine of demons because salvation is not salvation from hell, how hard is that to understand. Neither is salvation about going to heaven, salvation is about being saved from your enemy(yourself), which is heaven. Is that really that hard to understand.
LOL. Whatever you say pcamps.

Have a nice day.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:
LOL. Whatever you say pcamps.

Have a nice day.
So are you man enough to state clearly by scripture what you believe you are saved from?, the same question goes to rightly divided.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:23 PM

Quote:
so are you man enough to state clearly by scripture what you believe you are saved from?, the same question goes to rightly divided.
lol

Old 04-28-2014, 12:26 PM

Quote:
lol
Obviously you are not.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:30 PM

Quote:
I understand you "work" out of fear of being punished by God. Your beliefs have evolved over the years, but I guess such evolution is inevitable when they are founded on your own feelings and "logic". What you are missing though, is that people who believe in security of salvation also understand the importance of works, they just don't agree that their salvation is dependent on it.

Like I was trying to explain to Jerwade, the Spirit motivates us to walk with God, and this walk includes doing things which make God smile. Your motivation of fear is somewhat different, and somewhat off the mark. What you do, you should do with a joyous heart.
Can you explain what they are dependent upon?. What is your faith in Christ for ?. Can you possibly show by scripture that he saved us from eternal hell unto good works

Old 04-28-2014, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Can you explain what they are dependent upon?
Read the title of the thread: Salvation by Grace alone, through Faith alone, in Christ alone.

Quote:
Can you possibly show by scripture that he saved us from eternal hell unto good works
You will have to reach out to your UR friends to help you derail the thread and turn into another hell discussion. I am not going to help you. Sorry.

It seems help has already arrived.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-28-2014 at 12:48 PM..

Old 04-28-2014, 12:38 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Can you explain what they are dependent upon?. What is your faith in Christ for ?. Can you possibly show by scripture that he saved us from eternal hell unto good works
You have the patience of a saint, my friend.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightly Divided View Post
I have not said that I believe Salvation is from "hell". Can you provide a post where I said those words? Of course you can't.

Someone said they never saw a reference about Hell from the OT. I simply provided it for them.

I don't think I posted anything other than scripture. And my faith is in the Gospel of the Grace of God.
Are you willing to openly share what you believe being saved and salvation is ?.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
You have the patience of a saint, my friend.
No, i am pulling my hair out here. . I know that i am an offence to what they believe, a d wish i would go away.. They claim they are evangelical bible believers, but are now remaining silent on the questions being asked of them about being saved and salvation from eternal hell, because they know what they believe is not in the bible they claim to believe.

They love referencing one wrath verse in the bible as meaning salvation from eternal hell, what they are ignorant of is Paul writing to Colossian christians said whatever is not put to death of their carnal nature the wrath of God is coming upon them. Colossians 3:5-6
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.