Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2014, 03:55 PM

1,030 posts, read 842,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I will remind you again, this thread is about salvation and to respond to whether it is by faith,grace or christ alone, we have to establish first what salvation is and from. Something you and RD are unwilling to do, i wonder why? lol. In fact you have been more than happy to respond to my questions that according to are nothing to do with the OP, why all of a sudden you don't want to be part of a thread being derailed. Again I wonder why? lol
Once we settle the first issue I will be glad to explain this to you. But let's keep to one thing at a time. And since you claimed that believing one could not loose salvation would bring the "wrath of God" we are asking you to explain your claim.

Old 04-28-2014, 03:57 PM

Quote:
How about you sharing what you believe in regards to bring saved and salvation. Isn't that what the scriptures teach that we should be at every opportunity be willing to share the hope we have?, same question to RD.

I personally cannot trust someone who is not open and upfront about what they believe( it is why i do not trust politicians).
Let's settle the first issue and then we can discuss what we are saved from. Waiting on your response to my question so we can move on to your question if that is really what you want.

Old 04-28-2014, 04:01 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,338,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightly Divided View Post
Let's settle the first issue and then we can discuss what we are saved from. Waiting on your response to my question so we can move on to your question if that is really what you want.
What is your question?.

Old 04-28-2014, 04:02 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,413,567 times
Quote:
I am willing to discuss if one can loose their salvation or not. You said that the belief in not being able to loose salvation which is what OSAS simply means. (Hell is not part of that specific doctrine). I am asking if you agree that we cannot loose or forsake our salvation- Yes or No?
Of course hell is part of the OSAS doctrine. Once Saved Always Saved from what? Hell.

Old 04-28-2014, 04:06 PM

Quote:
What is your question?.
You claimed that those who believe they cannot loose their salvation will receive the "wrath of God'! Why do you believe this? Why do you believe we can loose our salvation? Why is the finished work of Jesus not sufficient for you to keep our salvation in place?

Old 04-28-2014, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Once we settle the first issue I will be glad to explain this to you. But let's keep to one thing at a time. And since you claimed that believing one could not loose salvation would bring the "wrath of God" we are asking you to explain your claim.
Your question does not make sense. What i will say to you iis because you claim to be a christian does not exempt you from the wrath of God, read Colossians 3:5. Now do i believe the wrath of God is being slapped around by God then sent to eternal punishment ? No,and there is no scriptural support for this, if you are a wicked servant according to the parable Jesus spoke, you will end up in the clink until you have paid the last farthing.

Old 04-28-2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Of course hell is part of the OSAS doctrine. Once Saved Always Saved from what? Hell.
Not all who believe you cannot loose your salvation believe what you claim. This is two different doctrines and therefore must be discussed desperately.

Old 04-28-2014, 04:09 PM

Quote:
You claimed that those who believe they cannot loose their salvation will receive the "wrath of God'! Why do you believe this? Why do you believe we can loose our salvation? Why is the finished work of Jesus not sufficient for you to keep our salvation in place?
We will if we have not put to death our old nature. Colossians 3:5. You are sold on this idea that the wrath of God is getting slapped around by God and cast into eternal punishment.

Old 04-28-2014, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Your question does not make sense. What i will say to you iis because you claim to be a christian does not exempt you from the wrath of God, read Colossians 3:5. Now do i believe the wrath of God is being slapped around by God then sent to eternal punishment ? No,and there is no scriptural support for this, if you are a wicked servant according to the parable Jesus spoke, you will end up in the clink until you have paid the last farthing.
So you do believe that once we are saved we are always saved? It is a common belief among universalist who do not believe in hell is why I am confused by your claim that to believe you cannot loose your salvation is to believe in hell. It makes no sense because not all who hold that doctrine even believe in a hell.

Old 04-28-2014, 04:23 PM

Quote:
So you do believe that once we are saved we are always saved? It is a common belief among universalist who do not believe in hell is why I am confused by your claim that to believe you cannot loose your salvation is to believe in hell. It makes no sense because not all who hold that doctrine even believe in a hell.
God raised up a horn of salvation ..To rescue us from the hand of our enemies,
and to enable us to serve him without fear
In holiness and righteousness before him all our days.
Luke 1:74-75
Biblical salvation ^^^

Our enemy is not another, it is our reaction to another.

I am not a universalist, and i think it would be fair to say, that most universalists would believe that i am not too. Like universalists i do not believe passing from this life you are toast if you do not believe what evangelical bible believers believe.

Again you are confusing what being saved is, it is not about being saved from eternal hell to heaven. If you being a christian live in defeat and failure you need to saved from that which is causing you to live in defeat and failure. He is an ever present help in time of trouble, our troubles by the way do not move us so easily when we understand who we are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.