Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 04:37 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWitnesses View Post
If it were regarding Religion, I don't think the word "merchant" would even be used.

Also, when the scripture says "the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies...I think it becomes clear"

DELICACY means "something delightful or pleasing, especially a choice food considered with regard to its rarity, costliness, or the like: Caviar is a great delicacy."

This is obviously about TRADE with other Nations...and the bigger picture also probably has to do with the Federal Reserve System in some way.

Sale of Religion though, is a part of it, so that is also correct.

Which is the scripture that you were referring to where it was already mentioned BTW?
Nope,

it covers the selling or peddling of religion. Commercial merchants were already covered as being around AFTER her destruction.

Try TV evangelists grabbing money right and left
Selling indulgence for escape from sin purgatory etc.
Selling books and Bibles
Operating schools of theology

and much more.

Jesus threw such out of the temple.

Paul warned about such.

BBE 2 Corinthians 2:17 For we are not like the great number who make use of the word of God for profit: but our words are true, as from God, being said as before God in Christ.

DBY 2 Corinthians 2:17 For we do not, as the many, make a trade of the word of God; but as of sincerity, but as of God, before God, we speak in Christ.

NAS 2 Corinthians 2:17 For we are not like many, peddling the word of God, but as from sincerity, but as from God, we speak in Christ in the sight of God.

Here is what the word in Greek emans:

57.202 kaphleuw: to engage in retail business, with the implication of deceptiveness and greedy motives - 'to peddle for profit, to huckster.' ouv ga,r evsmen w`j oi` polloi. kaphleu,ntej to.n lo,gon tou/ qeou/ 'we are not like so many others who peddle God's message' 2 Cor 2.17.

This type of commercial activity is rampant in the Churches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2014, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croref View Post
Then USA is mystery Babylon.
I gather then that since you have read Revelation 18:4 you are actively urging all true Christians to get out of the USA and not return?

Plus you have no investments of any kind that are associated with the USA Stock Exchange a any USA based business and do not or will not take SSI Medicare or anything else a part of the USA?

When are you leaving the USA in obedience to Rev 18:4. Please let us know.

Old 03-02-2014, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Those merchants [ world's business people ] of Revelation [ 18 vs 11-19 ] are Not mourning or sorrowing the loss of life, but sad and crying over the loss of revenue. Just think how much $$$$$$$$$$ is made from selling holiday items, so when the world's religious sector is no longer functioning the profit loss would be great.

How many people would continue their faith to openly and publicly display holiday decorations on their dwellings if doing so meant a big fine or going to jail ?___________ Or, would they compromise their religious holiday if banned ?_______
When BTG goes down people will either be fighting for her or against her. The money makers within the Churches are really going to be introuble. The commercial Merchants mourn at her downfall, the religious ones are running for their life.

Old 03-02-2014, 05:16 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,963,384 times
JuniPearl-

Yes, the waters of Revelation 17 vs 1 and 15 are people. Isaiah 57 v 20 mentions the restless sea of mankind.
The religious waters [ people ] see Rev. 16 v 12 will ' dry up spiritually ' before the political kings [ earth's rulers ] turn on that counterfeit Babylonian-like harlot and city.

In Ancient Babylon was practiced myth religion. As the people migrated out of ancient Babylon they took with them their false myth religious practices and ideas and spread them into a greater religious Babylon or Babylon the Great. That is why we see non-biblical religious customs and practices overlapping each other in the world's religious groups. B the G stands for all false religious groups that have run afoul playing false to God and His Word.

Please notice the political kings are an international group.
Please notice the merchants are an international commercial or business group.
So, the false ' religious queen ' of Rev. 18 v 7 is also international in scope.

The militarized 'horns' of an international wild beast turn on Babylon the Great. Particularly intense against Christendom [ so-called Christianity ] who corresponds to unfaithful Jerusalem of the year 70 when God used the Roman armies to be His long arm of the law to carry out His will against those practicing false religion. The United Nations sees a hauntingly dangerous religious climate brewing in today's world especially with religious terrorism. With backing the UN can be strengthened to become God's modern-day long arm of the law to carry out his will against unfaithful Christendom for being Christian in name only- Rev. 17 v 17

Old 03-02-2014, 05:34 PM

439 posts, read 426,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
JuniPearl-Please notice the political kings are an international group.
Please notice the merchants are an international commercial or business group.
So, the false ' religious queen ' of Rev. 18 v 7 is also international in scope.
Yes, I know exactly what the Bible is referring to. I didn't feel like mentioning all that other stuff. There are things I'd rather leave out when speaking about the Vatican and their "global powers". Mystery Bablyon is without a doubt the Roman Catholic Church. She is a woman/harlot who has fornicated against God. The 7 headed beast she sits on is a completely different story. Which is what you're referring to. I already know about all that. The NWO plays a HUGE part in all this. It's the core of it all, the "glue" that sticks/holds everyone together. Until Jesus shows up.

Old 03-02-2014, 06:45 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,634,329 times
Genesis 18

20 And the Lord said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous;
21 I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.
22 And the men turned their faces from thence, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before the Lord.
23 And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked?
24 Peradventure there be fifty righteous within the city: wilt thou also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are therein?
25 That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?
26 And the Lord said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.
27 And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but dust and ashes:
28 Peradventure there shall lack five of the fifty righteous: wilt thou destroy all the city for lack of five? And he said, If I find there forty and five, I will not destroy it.
29 And he spake unto him yet again, and said, Peradventure there shall be forty found there. And he said, I will not do it for forty's sake.
30 And he said unto him, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak: Peradventure there shall thirty be found there. And he said, I will not do it, if I find thirty there.
31 And he said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord: Peradventure there shall be twenty found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for twenty's sake.
32 And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake.
33 And the Lord went his way, as soon as he had left communing with Abraham: and Abraham returned unto his place.

2 Peter 2:4-9 (KJV)

4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;
7 And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:
8 (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds
9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

God's children are promised to have tribulation/testing in this world but are promised to be saved from the Great Tribulation / the Wrath of God poured out among the rejecting world.

1 Thessalonians 5:9
For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Old 03-02-2014, 08:42 PM

817 posts, read 739,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post

Nope,

it covers the selling or peddling of religion. Commercial merchants were already covered as being around AFTER her destruction.

Try TV evangelists grabbing money right and left
Selling indulgence for escape from sin purgatory etc.
Selling books and Bibles
Operating schools of theology

and much more.

Jesus threw such out of the temple.

You make it sound like if the USA didn't exist that there could be no more commercial merchants in the world. That's ridiculous. Is that really your argument?

There have been merchants all over the world long before the USA ever existed. So that's silly.

The economy of the United States is the world's largest single national economy.

From Revelation 18:11
"The merchants of the earth will weep and mourn over her because no one buys their cargoes anymore"

The American people have made the merchants of the Earth wealthy by buying their imported products (As in MADE IN CHINA...MADE IN KOREA...etc)

There is nothing that shows that it refers to the peddling of religion. Just because Paul mentions "peddling" of religion doesn't mean it ties in to the passages in Revelation. I agree that, yes, selling religion is a PART of it.

Jesus didn't throw people out of the temple for selling religion at all. He threw them out for engaging in "commerce" in the temple...plain and simple. The the courtyard of the temple was described as "being filled with livestock and the tables of the money changers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post

Here is what the word in Greek emans:

57.202 kaphleuw: to engage in retail business, with the implication of deceptiveness and greedy motives - 'to peddle for profit, to huckster.' ouv ga,r evsmen w`j oi` polloi. kaphleu,ntej to.n lo,gon tou/ qeou/ 'we are not like so many others who peddle God's message' 2 Cor 2.17.

This type of commercial activity is rampant in the Churches.
Just because this is what the word PEDDLING means in Greek and because Paul warned about "peddlers" ONE TIME does not mean that the word "merchants" in Revelation automatically refers to "selling religion"

Last edited by TwoWitnesses; 03-02-2014 at 08:53 PM..

Old 03-03-2014, 04:48 AM

441 posts, read 392,219 times
Question: Does the beast love the w****?

. . . . . .Question 2: Does the world love the USA? NYC?
How 'bout we cite the reasons for why? Why not?

Old 03-03-2014, 05:25 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Matthew 24:29-31

The Coming of the Son of Man

29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

I know many are so fixed on being gone due to a pre-trib rapture, but have most stopped and given a thought on, what if they are wrong and we are meant to go through the tribulation?

God protected his people from the plagues in Egypt, so do you think he cant do the same during the tribulation as well?

Would you actually be willing to be beheaded for your faith in Christ?

Would you take the Mark of the Beast, if it stopped your children and family of dying from starvation in front of your own eyes?

Im not saying there wont be a pre-trib and a post-trib rapture is a must, but scriptures when read in context point to Jesus coming back after the tribulation for his followers, so if we are to go through the Great Tribulation are you prepared???
That is the real question and should be questioning our own heart, "Are you prepared ?" for the coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ ? And honestly answering your own heart question......

Nowhere does one read of any "rapture" within the context of the scripture above..... it speaks of after the great tribulation that is coming upon the earth and then we will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory, (amen \0/ hallelujah), then it goes on to say;

"And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other."

If there is going to be a "rapture" why then is the Lord gathering His elect from one end of heaven to the other after the great tribulation ?
Whereas the teaching of the "rapture" teaches proclaiming the Lord removing His elect before or mid-trib (3 1/2yrs) of the tribulation ?
I really believe ppl are being deceived with this "rapture" theory...... there are to many scripture opposing it.
We see ppl get all worked up and really do not pay attention to what other scripture is truly saying and because of the excitment in totally focusing on "rapture" rather then listening and skimming through and ignoring scripture that does contradict this theory and especially overlooking what Jesus spoke by giving the warnings that it will be like the days of Noah and the flood.
There was no denying and trying to escape what they visually saw what Noah was doing in building the Ark.... ppl would not heed the warnings and look what happen

Listen, I use to be a big time Rapture believer until the Holy Spirit took me down the path of God's truth. I can see how easily one can be deceived with this theory. Please rather then listening to what others are projecting to be truth .
Please pray and ask God to reveal the deception of this teaching and I know with all my heart He will show just as He did for me !!!

Blessings

Old 03-03-2014, 07:33 AM

1,146 posts, read 648,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croref View Post
Question: Does the beast love the w****?

. . . . . .Question 2: Does the world love the USA? NYC?
How 'bout we cite the reasons for why? Why not?
It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.
- Henry Ford

Every time there is a convention of the principle national leaders of the global financial cartel (G8, group of 8), there is a violent eruption of conscience among the working people. That means just about everybody except the ruling oligarchs is about to get screwed. A lot of people know this and express their opinions openly.

Following WWII, developing nations needed cash to build their industry. American financial interests were quick to seize the opportunity to offer 'foreign aid'. But the foreign aid was little more than a financial spider's web to capture the leadership and general population of developing nations. The chains forged in the new global empire of American hegemony were made of dollar bills, not iron.

After a while people got wise, but by then it was too late. When national leadership attempted to divest themselves of American financial slavery, the army or the marines or the Seals(1) were called in to establish a fascist dictatorship at the point of a gun.

The most highly decorated Marine Corps General in US history, Smedley D. Butler understood all too well the real nature of the US Marine Corps and US foreign policy in general when he concluded after his retirement in 1931 that;
"I spent 33 years and four months in active military service, and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism."

The de facto role of the US armed forces will be to keep the world safe for our economy and open to our cultural assault. To those ends, we will do a fair amount of killings.
- Major Ralph Peters

To this day and despite three centuries or more of financial manipulation and slavery (figurative and literal), the American people still believe in some sort of Disney-ish version of America. That country never existed.

The people of the world are getting wise to western financial manipulations and do not want any part of it.

Because no nation is an island the smaller countries must pick a financial leader that also has substantial military power to defend the bankers. Hence we are now witness to the Money Wars of the twenty first century. The BRIC(2) nations, commodity based, are opposing the debt based system of the west - and the commodity system appears to be winning.

As long as the USA and its European partners of the EU continue to practice the enslavement of humanity by means of financial pressure the group will be hated. Unfortunately the only solution seems to be to jump out of the pot and land in a fire.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

(1) I personally participated as a support person in a Seal team assist to the overthrow of the democratically elected president of Chili - Allende in 1973. In his place we set up the bloody fascist dictatorship of Pinocet.

(2) BRIC - Brazil, Russia, India & China
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity