Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 05:13 AM

441 posts, read 392,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
NYC is not a King over any Nation. The Kings of the earth do not commit fornication with her.

NYC is a major city within a Nation.

The financial capital of the world!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2014, 06:35 AM

439 posts, read 426,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croref View Post
The Bible only speaks of a people 'birthed' and "caught up" half way into the 7 year period of time called the tribulation. Read Rev 12 to understand this. There is no other "raptured" people spoken of in the scriptures. That said, how can you continue to believe in a post-trib or someone else continue to believe in a pre-trib "rapture" when it ain't there??

OMT: In speaking of hailstones of 120 lbs., as JGHorton is referring to: that will not be part of the tribulation saints of God will experience for 'having their robes made white', but the wrath of God upon enemies of God.
There's no such thing as a 7 year tribulation. Not one scripture in the Bible to support that.

However...
"Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other."
I've got more for you but I don't have time at the moment. But wow... Does that not speak for itself? Jesus said it when he still walked the earth!!! So let me ask you... How can you believe in a mid-trib rapture when it ain't there?

Old 04-04-2014, 06:38 AM
Zur

949 posts, read 830,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Believing in a Pre-Tribulation Rapture and/or believing that Christians will/will not go through the Great Tribulation, are not essential to believing and living as a Christian. For about a dozen reasons, I very strongly believe that the 'Church of Believers in Jesus Christ will be "Raptured" prior to the start of the 7-year Great Tribulation. But, for the sake of discussion, let's say that Christians will go through the Great Tribulation ... along with non-believers who will undeniably face it.

NOBODY (regardless of their beliefs) will be able to 'PREPARE' for the scope and scale of the warnings and judgments (Revelation) that will be poured-out on the people on earth during the Great Tribulation (except the 144K who are 'sealed'). (How, for example, does one 'PREPARE' for Volkswagen-sized hailstones or for all of the waters turning to blood or for scorching heat or Stinging locusts that cause unbearable pain; yet, people cannot die ???).

Thus, the only relevant question that all people of all times must ask themselves is: "Are you prepared to die and meet the Lord Jesus Christ ... who died for your sins --- and will you enter into eternal life in relationship with God?" -- This question is far more relevant than Tribulation preparation, since NOBODY escapes death! (Yet, people have escaped' and may continue to 'escape' the Great Tribulation for 2000 years!)

I'm prepared for death, the 'rapture' or (if necessary), The Great Tribulation, since I know that my earthly and eternal protection and preservation rest entirely in the hands of my loving God.
I believe the Great tribulation is 3 1/2 years and not 7 years and God has an escape for them that are let by the Spirit into refuge places where angels will provide (Rev 12). We have to be sure to be in the ark (Jesus) and watch and pray that we may have the upper hand (Greek text) and have enough of the Holy Spirit to belong to the wise virgins. That are spiritual preparations. Believers that are ignorant and do not see the signs and say the Lord is not coming soon, and do not prepare by repentance and practicing righteousness and are entangled with the things of this world and do not watch and pray may miss the train. But they that are on the platform are ready when the train arrives and will be taken. To be always ready is the most important issue, nobody knows his last hour, and that could be his personal rapture.

Old 05-12-2014, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
The apostle Paul said we are taken out before the man of lawlessness is revealed. See Thessalonians.

Consider it the man-child and then all hell breaks loose..

Old 05-12-2014, 03:26 PM

[quote=JuniPearl;34212903]
Quote:
There's no such thing as a 7 year tribulation. Not one scripture in the Bible to support that.
[Then you haven't read very well the many references to it
Quote:
However...
"Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other."

I've got more for you but I don't have time at the moment. But wow... Does that not speak for itself? Jesus said it when he still walked the earth!!! So let me ask you... How can you believe in a mid-trib rapture when it ain't there?
I am not a mid trib believer except as documented in Rev 12.
BTW, you haven't mentioned the very elect n all that? Where are they?

Old 05-13-2014, 07:45 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,138,296 times
Jesus died anywhere form 29AD to 33AD, so if there is no pretrib rapture between 2022 and 2026, there will probably never be one, since 2029-2033, would make 6000 yrs, assuming when Jesus died was the end of 4000 yrs.

Old 05-13-2014, 04:48 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times
[quote=Croref;34769898]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniPearl View Post
[Then you haven't read very well the many references to it
I am not a mid trib believer except as documented in Rev 12.
BTW, you haven't mentioned the very elect n all that? Where are they?
Where does the idea it is 7 years come from?

Old 05-13-2014, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Jesus died anywhere form 29AD to 33AD, so if there is no pretrib rapture between 2022 and 2026, there will probably never be one, since 2029-2033, would make 6000 yrs, assuming when Jesus died was the end of 4000 yrs.
Why???

Old 05-13-2014, 05:53 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,392 times
[quote=expatCA;34787529]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croref View Post
Where does the idea it is 7 years come from?
It comes from people who took a 7 year period out of 2500 years in one of the prophecies and they are wrong, IMHO. I don't believe that there will be a separate 7 year time. Jesus will come back when it is time, to Him, and then the first resurrection happens, which will be the dead in Christ and then the living in Christ will be caught up in the sky to be with Jesus. After that resurrection and after some time has passed, the next resurrection happens, which will be the dead not in Christ and that is when Jesus will destroy everything within the earth before the new earth happens.

Old 05-13-2014, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post

It comes from people who took a 7 year period out of 2500 years in one of the prophecies and they are wrong, IMHO. I don't believe that there will be a separate 7 year time. Jesus will come back when it is time, to Him, and then the first resurrection happens, which will be the dead in Christ and then the living in Christ will be caught up in the sky to be with Jesus. After that resurrection and after some time has passed, the next resurrection happens, which will be the dead not in Christ and that is when Jesus will destroy everything within the earth before the new earth happens.
Besides he said it would be cut short on account of the elect, so it can't be a definite 7 years and the elect are there for part of it at least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity