Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 05:00 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,258,337 times

Advertisements

without argument.
this verse kills the “a” god, theory with small case “g” in John 1:1c. Deuteronomy 32:39 "See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

if the word was “with”, God, then the Word is not a “god” as some say. so John 1:1c is correct in saying “GOD”.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2014, 09:19 AM

32,533 posts, read 22,192,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
I don't know what you're reading. ???????????.

and God did Give his blood. read acts 20:28, oh well,

next, is this verse in the bible, Revelation 22:13 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. and this is our Lord Jesus speaking.

and what about that isaiah 35:4 ?. answer please.
G129

Original: αἷμα

Transliteration: aima

Phonetic: hah'-ee-mah

Thayer Definition:

blood
of man or animals
refers to the seat of life
of those things that resemble blood, grape juice
blood shed, to be shed by violence, slay, murder
Origin: of uncertain derivation

TDNT entry: 03:52,3

Part(s) of speech: Noun Masculine

Strong's Definition: Of uncertain derivation; blood, literally (of men or animals), figuratively (the juice of grapes) or specifically (the atoning blood of Christ); by implication bloodshed, also kindred: - blood.

Old 05-04-2014, 09:21 AM

32,533 posts, read 22,192,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Since it is evident in the Greek that Jesus is God, and since the entire gospel of John emphasizes the deity of Jesus, alleging poor translations and lack of contextual consideration is without merit.

The following article quotes Dan Wallace - randphoenix: John 1:1 and Greek Exegesis. Dr. Wallace, an excellent Greek scholar makes this comment regarding John 1:1.
A good illustration of this is John 1:1c...We know that 'the Word' is the subject because it has the definite article, and we translate it accordingly: 'and the Word was God.'...why was theos thrown forward?...why does it lack the article? In brief, its emphatic position stresses its essence or quality: 'What God was, the Word was" is how one translation brings out its force. Its lack of a definite article keeps us from identifying the person of the Word...with the person of 'God'(The Father).

That is to say, the word order tells us that Jesus Christ has all the divine attributes that the Father has; lack of the article tells us that Jesus Christ is not the Father. John's wording here is beautifully compact! It is, in fact, one of the most elegantly terse theological statements one could ever find. As Martin Luther said, the lack of an article is against Sabellianism; the word order is against Arianism.
Read further what Dr. Wallace says concerning John 1:1 in this article in his website. Five More Myths about Bible Translations and the Transmission of the Text | Daniel B. Wallace

Refer to Myth 5: The deity of Christ was invented by emperor Constantine.

Excerpt:
Altogether, we have more than fifty Greek New Testament manuscripts that are prior to Constantine’s reign. Not one of them denies the deity of Christ. [Bolded mine]
Mike, do you have anything original?...

Old 05-04-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
G129

Original: αἷμα

Transliteration: aima

Phonetic: hah'-ee-mah

Thayer Definition:

blood
of man or animals
refers to the seat of life
of those things that resemble blood, grape juice
blood shed, to be shed by violence, slay, murder
Origin: of uncertain derivation

TDNT entry: 03:52,3

Part(s) of speech: Noun Masculine

Strong's Definition: Of uncertain derivation; blood, literally (of men or animals), figuratively (the juice of grapes) or specifically (the atoning blood of Christ); by implication bloodshed, also kindred: - blood.
GINOLJC,

Is the blood of Christ of MEN, the answer is NO.

Old 05-04-2014, 06:09 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,526,831 times
Quote:
without argument.
this verse kills the “a” god, theory with small case “g” in John 1:1c. Deuteronomy 32:39 "See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

if the word was “with”, God, then the Word is not a “god” as some say. so John 1:1c is correct in saying “GOD”.
Nope, context is involve or this is false.

ASV Deuteronomy 10:17 For Jehovah your God, he is God of gods, and Lord of lords, the great God, the mighty, and the terrible, who regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward.

Was Moses lying?

ASV Daniel 11:36 And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods; and he shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished; for that which is determined shall be done.

Was the angel lying?

God and His Son even call the angels and some men Gods. sooo.... your wrong.

Old 05-04-2014, 06:11 PM

Quote:
he can't have because Greek grammar is against the position and then the Shailach principle blows holes in the verses where the word "God" is used at all.

Old 05-04-2014, 06:12 PM

Quote:
GINOLJC,

Is the blood of Christ of MEN, the answer is NO.
God does not have blood and blood cannot exist in heaven, so who's blood was it?

Please does anyone with any Biblical education agree with you? Any scholar, anyone???

Old 05-04-2014, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
he can't have because Greek grammar is against the position and then the Shailach principle blows holes in the verses where the word "God" is used at all.
the scriptures are clear. there is no "god" WITH him, or any "God", and that with a cap "G", also. so that eliminate the first -third person in a so called trinity. the only companion God have is the share of himself. see Zec 13:7.

and the so called gods is just that, so call. Psalms 96:5 "For all the gods of the nations are idols: but the LORD made the heavens". and God is no Idol, or have association with them.

and as for John 1:1c in context with God, John 1:14 eliminate that also. that's the share,

also what about Isaiah 35:5

Old 05-04-2014, 06:29 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,508,240 times
Quote:
Mike, do you have anything original?
"It's impossible to get grape juice, out of raisins."

Especially, when it comes to copy and paste.

Old 05-04-2014, 06:40 PM

33,417 posts, read 26,740,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Since it is evident in the Greek that Jesus is God, and since the entire gospel of John emphasizes the deity of Jesus, alleging poor translations and lack of contextual consideration is without merit.

The following article quotes Dan Wallace - randphoenix: John 1:1 and Greek Exegesis. Dr. Wallace, an excellent Greek scholar makes this comment regarding John 1:1.
A good illustration of this is John 1:1c...We know that 'the Word' is the subject because it has the definite article, and we translate it accordingly: 'and the Word was God.'...why was theos thrown forward?...why does it lack the article? In brief, its emphatic position stresses its essence or quality: 'What God was, the Word was" is how one translation brings out its force. Its lack of a definite article keeps us from identifying the person of the Word...with the person of 'God'(The Father).

That is to say, the word order tells us that Jesus Christ has all the divine attributes that the Father has; lack of the article tells us that Jesus Christ is not the Father. John's wording here is beautifully compact! It is, in fact, one of the most elegantly terse theological statements one could ever find. As Martin Luther said, the lack of an article is against Sabellianism; the word order is against Arianism.
Read further what Dr. Wallace says concerning John 1:1 in this article in his website. Five More Myths about Bible Translations and the Transmission of the Text | Daniel B. Wallace

Refer to Myth 5: The deity of Christ was invented by emperor Constantine.

Excerpt:
Altogether, we have more than fifty Greek New Testament manuscripts that are prior to Constantine’s reign. Not one of them denies the deity of Christ. [Bolded mine]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Dr. Dan Wallace, an expert in the Greek language disagrees with you as do so many other Greek language experts. More importantly, the Bible disagrees with you. Jesus Christ as God created everything that has been created as stated in John 1:3 and Colossians 1:16-17.

Jesus Christ is the Second Person of the trinity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity