Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2014, 01:09 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,250,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
No I said that I did NOT believe in the book of Revelations. That was the correct answer based on how you worded the question. Go back and reread the garbage you wrote. If you do not learn to use proper English here on the forum, then you should not get so worked up when people fail to comprehend your meanings and intentions.

If you did spend a little more time learning, then you would understand the responses I made, including the commentary about the authorship and timeline of the Gospel of John. It is sad that you do not understand or know the origins of this book which you seem to hold in such high regard.
well let me ask you this, do you believe in any book of the bible?.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2014, 01:49 PM

7,604 posts, read 6,109,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
well let me ask you this, do you believe in any book of the bible?.
Let me ask you this: Why do you care, and what business is it of yours?

Perhaps you do not understand my point. Let me rewrite it in the most basic simple language that I can in hopes that maybe in your minimal educational level, you may understand it.

Jesus dies in or around the approximate time of the year 33. While this is not 100% accurate, let us assume it in this timeline. In the year 100, a group of Jewish Mystics, trained in the traditional Jewish philosophy had become influenced by the teachings of followers of the Apostle John. John was already dead by this time, but his ideas were still being spread by his followers. A group of these mystics, over a period of as much as 10 years, wrote their take on this gospel, combining and reconciling the teachings of John with those of traditional Judaism. This took place under Roman Occupation, when Christianity was a growing but unpopular religion. The Mystics who wrote this book held a belief in Jesus' Messianic authority. As such, they inserted quotes and events which probably did not happen, and yet have become accepted in spite of their obvious embellishment. They were not interested or concerned with accuracy so much as statement. TO them, content and message was much more important than accuracy.

The New Testament evolved into it's present form by the year 300. We know from the Easter Letter of Athanasius in 367 that the 27 Books of the New Testament had been accepted as "sacred" although this would not be formally announced until perhaps Synod of Hippo in the year 393.

That is the timeline and the happenings of the Gospel of John.

I do not know how to make it any easier for you to understand. Please do not blame me for your shortcomings. Alabama education ranks at or near the bottom for a reason. That is not your fault. But not making an effort, coming on the forums to just argue and degrade other is. People will take you and your message a lot more seriously if you would make more of an effort to be understood.

Old 09-01-2014, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Let me ask you this: Why do you care, and what business is it of yours? .
I don't care

Quote:
Perhaps you do not understand my point. Let me rewrite it in the most basic simple language that I can in hopes that maybe in your minimal educational level, you may understand it. .
and really don't care about you rewriting anything .

Quote:
Jesus dies in or around the approximate time of the year 33. While this is not 100% accurate, let us assume it in this timeline. In the year 100, a group of Jewish Mystics, trained in the traditional Jewish philosophy had become influenced by the teachings of followers of the Apostle John. John was already dead by this time, but his ideas were still being spread by his followers. A group of these mystics, over a period of as much as 10 years, wrote their take on this gospel, combining and reconciling the teachings of John with those of traditional Judaism. This took place under Roman Occupation, when Christianity was a growing but unpopular religion. The Mystics who wrote this book held a belief in Jesus' Messianic authority. As such, they inserted quotes and events which probably did not happen, and yet have become accepted in spite of their obvious embellishment. They were not interested or concerned with accuracy so much as statement. TO them, content and message was much more important than accuracy. .
the Lord Jesus rose, and instructed his apostle, those Jewish Mystics is for your pagan mind to blunder in.

Quote:
The New Testament evolved into it's present form by the year 300. We know from the Easter Letter of Athanasius in 367 that the 27 Books of the New Testament had been accepted as "sacred" although this would not be formally announced until perhaps Synod of Hippo in the year 393. .
the NT may have evolved for you, but it's a fact for me.

That is the timeline and the happenings of the Gospel of John.

Quote:
I do not know how to make it any easier for you to understand. Please do not blame me for your shortcomings. Alabama education ranks at or near the bottom for a reason. That is not your fault. But not making an effort, coming on the forums to just argue and degrade other is. People will take you and your message a lot more seriously if you would make more of an effort to be understood.
don't, and who's blaming you?. so don't blame either. and neither is it your fault. who's arguing?, I haven't see not one scripture coming from you, so where is the argument?. if I'm misunderstood, listen,
2 Corinthians 4:3 "But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost".

Quote:
Alabama education ranks at or near the bottom for a reason.
well I see you have not produce a single scripture to show yourself over the Alabama education. so then you must be sub-par to Alabama education system. now to prove your education tell us who in Revelation sent his angel to John, if you can answer that I'll submit. but until then your education means nothing to me,

now let me really say something.

#1. no one ever approached me and said brother let see if what you're saying is the truth. lets come together and research the scriptures and see if it's true. NO one did this. but some did say, "that's garbage", or "trash", and no one, not once ever look to see if it was so. just automatic reject, because it's not what I believe. well to bad, (LOL).

#2. since no one want to see if what I been saying is true or not. I have made a many of post, check them out and see of what I said is true or not, and if not bring it to my attention. AND WE CAN DISCUSS IT.

now, this is my stand. which is on the lord Jesus. so throw your rocks, just don't be in a glass house when the rocks returns.

be blessed I hope.

Old 09-01-2014, 02:38 PM

7,604 posts, read 6,109,664 times
Well, I am baffled. I reread your post several times and still can make no sense of it.

Research and a rigorous examination of a subject is not limited to just quoting from a single source. It involves reading and learning as much about a subject as one can. That is the only comment I can make to you, I think, because from what I can gather, that may be all you are able to understand at this point.

I wonder if you may not have a learning disability. Perhaps you have been screened for disorders associated with academic deficits (DSM-V criteria)?
I am here to help if you wish to accept.

Old 09-01-2014, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Well, I am baffled. I reread your post several times and still can make no sense of it. .
get the Holy Ghost, it makes FAITH.

Quote:
Research and a rigorous examination of a subject is not limited to just quoting from a single source. It involves reading and learning as much about a subject as one can. That is the only comment I can make to you, I think, because from what I can gather, that may be all you are able to understand at this point..
who is a GREATR witness than God.

Quote:
I wonder if you may not have a learning disability. Perhaps you have been screened for disorders associated with academic deficits (DSM-V criteria)?
I am here to help if you wish to accept.
LOL, that's the best you can come up with, look, I’m here to discuss the scriptures. if you want to just talk, there is face book and twitter for that. now what about that Revelation 1:1 question?.
now if you have any answers with scriptures to discuss post them, else good day to you, in the name of Jesus, (smile).

Old 09-01-2014, 02:46 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,416,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The mind of the flesh is focused on death; but the mind of the Spirit – life and peace.
Shalom is more than a state of mind.
Peace, be with you in this life, as it is with me.
Quote:
Peace be with you also. but the mind is the seat of power. Read Romans chapter 7, there is the true fight.
Quote:
The seat of power rests in the Spirit of truth, not the minds of men.
Quote:
Sorry can't buy that. if that's the case then the Holy Sprit is the author of sin. for many have the Holy Spirit, and still sin. it is the Soul who decide to follow the Spirit, or the Flesh. Galatians 5:16 "This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. that’s a conscious decision to walk after the Spirit, and that decision is made in the MIND or the Soul. why?, next verse, 17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would
so please tell me who the “YE” is here?.
It's the Spirit of truth that releases you from the bondage of men, not your will or its emotionalism. As you pointed out, "walk in the Spirit, and you will not fulfill the lusts of your flesh." Along came the tempter; the lust of the eyes (understanding of the mind), lust of the flesh (a heart of emotion) and the pride of life (the desires of the will). Thus, while the first Adam conceded to all that is in the world, that which extends deep down from the surface - yet is visible through the distinctive traits or characteristics common to all humanity - when in opposition to the Spirit. The second Adam stood his ground - against the natural disposition of men and the temperament of the soul through the power of the Spirit that dwelt within him.

BTW- I am not trying to sell anything.

Old 09-01-2014, 02:52 PM

Quote:
It's the Spirit of truth that releases you from the bondage of men, not your will or its emotionalism. As you pointed out, "walk in the Spirit, and you will not fulfill the lusts of your flesh." Along came the tempter; the lust of the eyes (understanding of the mind), lust of the flesh (a heart of emotion) and the pride of life (the desires of the will). Thus, while the first Adam conceded to all that is in the world, that which extends deep down from the surface - yet is visible through the distinctive traits or characteristics common to all humanity - when in opposition to the Spirit. The second Adam stood his ground - against the natural disposition of men and the temperament of the soul through the power of the Spirit that dwelt within him.

BTW- I am not trying to sell anything.
no problems,
the whole purpose of the comforter is to HELP our spirits to overcome our flesh. scripture, Romans 8:26 " Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. I suggest you look up the word, “infirmities”.

we need HELP to make up our MINDS.

I hope this helped.

Old 09-01-2014, 03:10 PM

Well now it's my turn to ask questions.

#1 in Revelation 1:1 who sent his angel to John. I say The Lord God Almighty, JESUS. Now this is prime time to research with 101c to see if what he say is true. this question is open to all who disagree with the answer. after this I'll post my next question.

Old 09-01-2014, 03:11 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,416,756 times
I cast out the infirmities of an old age wine skin; it couldn't retain the new wine.

Old 09-01-2014, 03:13 PM

Quote:
I cast out the infirmities of an old age wine skin; it couldn't contain the new wine.
did you make that decision yes or no?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity