Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: does-protesting-gay-marriage-advance-the-gospel?
Yes 12 17.91%
No 50 74.63%
Other, I explain in the post. 5 7.46%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 11:36 AM

550 posts, read 518,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
More bovine excrement.

You must read a lot of roughage.

If homosexuality was not a wicked practice and lifestyle, why then is it challenged by so many people over so many hundreds of years? MUST BE something wrong about it, yes?

Kinda like that bad dog in the neighborhood, EVERYBODY hates it because they KNOW it's dangerous and can maul somebody...same with homosexuality,, EVERYBODY knows it's wrong (even gays) but they want to play with fire anyway...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 11:37 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,298,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFormula View Post
The Holy Bible teaches morality and living upright perfectly.. 2 things the Gay crowd hates with a passion.
You JUDGE me, yet you know nothing about me. SHAME!

Old 07-09-2014, 11:39 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,286,629 times
Quote:
If homosexuality was not a wicked practice and lifestyle, why then is it challenged by so many people over so many hundreds of years? MUST BE something wrong about it, yes?

Kinda like that bad dog in the neighborhood, EVERYBODY hates it because they KNOW it's dangerous and can maul somebody...same with homosexuality,, EVERYBODY knows it's wrong (even gays) but they want to play with fire anyway...
Goodness gracious!

I wonder if they make Kaopectate for the brain?

Old 07-09-2014, 12:13 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,970,788 times
Quote:

The fallacy of that excuse for thinking is obvious, sort of like "innocent until charged." If there is something that is actually wrong with committed single sex relationship, come up with it.

Old 07-09-2014, 01:51 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,486,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
The fallacy of that excuse for thinking is obvious, sort of like "innocent until charged." If there is something that is actually wrong with committed single sex relationship, come up with it.
He gets it right out of the Bible in which he believes. Apparently you do not believe what the Bible says about it. Get over it. Any Christian who places his trust in the Bible will never give you the absolution or approval you seem to seek. I'm sorry about that but that's the truth. You are not going to turn them away from what the Bible says with all the arguing in the world. You can't justify it with any excuse or argument that you may dream up because they will never buy into it. Forget it. Live with it.

Old 07-09-2014, 02:38 PM

550 posts, read 518,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
You JUDGE me, yet you know nothing about me. SHAME!
The Holy Bible judges you. because like you said, I don't know you.

Old 07-09-2014, 03:03 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,285,299 times
Quote:
The Holy Bible judges you.
So, in your world, inanimate objects are judging people.

I'm not a bit surprised to learn this.

Old 07-09-2014, 03:09 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,251,378 times
Does allowing adultery, rape, murder, incest, etc them advance the Gospel? I suppose if we overlook sin and tell people that anything goes, they might just want to join the club!

Read the Book of Acts. There are examples after examples of cases where immoral people were told they were immoral and they got ticked off as a result. Does that mean we shouldn't protest their behavior? Or maybe it's not just about signing people up for the club and getting big numbers. Maybe it's about people being confronted with their sin, repenting of it, and receiving forgiveness.

Old 07-09-2014, 03:25 PM

9,702 posts, read 10,069,375 times
See the church has its fears that the secular government will change the laws and force them to marry same sex couple , as the church is responsible and has the authority to marry people by the laws on the land , as the warning from Jesus is that the law will change and sin will be allowed and the church will loose it authority ................. So then there are fallen churches which allow same sex couple and allow divorce and aborting unborn children is common and accepted , which contradict the sinless teaching of the Gospel for people who are serous in keeping sin out and the demons which will be attracted to indifference against the sinless character of God ...................Best of the church and the secular world to ban churches from marrying people, and there will not be an issue

Old 07-09-2014, 03:28 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,481,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
I don't believe that protesting gay marriage does advance the gospel. What do you think?
When did Jesus, Peter, Paul or any other epistle writer publicly protest it? Yes it did exist then.

In communications meant for believers and to teach others, a condemnation of it is fine, but in a public protest it is not anything we have an example of, soooo.............................. NO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity