Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: does-protesting-gay-marriage-advance-the-gospel?
Yes 12 17.91%
No 50 74.63%
Other, I explain in the post. 5 7.46%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 09:25 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,201,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Why should a church that objects to gambling have a VEGAS NITE?
Why should a church that objects to alcoholism have alcohol at their functions?
Why should a church that objects to pedophilia hire a child molester?
Why should a church that objects to divorce conduct second and third marriages?
Why should a church that objects to FRAUD, RACKETEERING and DECEIT support a person charged with all these crimes?
Why should the church object the "sins" of a few while absolving the "sins" of the elite and favored?
My church does not do any of those things. So do you support me daring to say that God's Word declares homosexuality to be sinful?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2016, 09:29 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,235,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
My church does not do any of those things. So do you support me daring to say that God's Word declares homosexuality to be sinful?
Only if you have a document signed by God or proof it was said by god, Jesus or part of the 10 commandments and not just some whacked idea written by ancient superstitious man them misinterpreted by modern society.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Only if you have a document signed by God or proof it was said by god, Jesus or part of the 10 commandments and not just some whacked idea written by ancient superstitious man them misinterpreted by modern society.
We're good, then. The Bible is literally said to be "God-breathed".

But I'm guessing you won't accept that. Weird how you keep moving the goalposts.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:33 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,235,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
The Bible does not say anything abut gambling. they could get married in my church.
An adulterer could not.
An alcoholic could. While drunkenness is a sin, we are all sinners.
So why can not LGBTQ be marked in your church if we are all "sinners?"

The bible does say something about adultery and divorce and pedophiles

Last edited by zthatzmanz28; 11-22-2016 at 10:00 AM..

Old 11-22-2016, 09:34 AM

23,175 posts, read 10,463,936 times
Romans 7

14For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. 16If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. 17Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 18For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. 19For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. 20Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
21I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. 22For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: 23But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 25I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

First a person must say,'' I accept the law, and the law is holy and good.''

If he does this, then his sins aren't counted against him, but to try and change the law, this puts you under the law.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:47 AM

Quote:
So why can not LGBTQ be marked in your church if we are all "sinners?"

The bible does say somethu g about adultery and divorce and child pedophiles
Why do you believe that people have the right to redefine what God has defined?

Old 11-22-2016, 11:50 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,927,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Why do you believe that people have the right to redefine what God has defined?
Because they DID already and it needs to be brought back to the manifest intention of the scriptures given rather than the mistaken definition of the act rather than the context? When God says that participating in worshipping idols through homosexual acts, people have said that homosexual acts are wrong. When the Bible says that profligacy of any kind is bad, people say that the specific kind of act some profligates indulge in is wrong. It is like saying heterosexual contact is wrong because adultry is.

Old 11-22-2016, 01:01 PM

63,833 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Because they DID already and it needs to be brought back to the manifest intention of the scriptures given rather than the mistaken definition of the act rather than the context? When God says that participating in worshipping idols through homosexual acts, people have said that homosexual acts are wrong. When the Bible says that profligacy of any kind is bad, people say that the specific kind of act some profligates indulge in is wrong. It is like saying heterosexual contact is wrong because adultry is.

Old 11-22-2016, 02:17 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,639,004 times
amen. The connection of gays to the homosexuals of Scripture, wherein a spiritual principle is so obviously being forwarded vis a vis one's relationship as a Priest to their Temple, and which hardly even requires a shovel--i mean, after all, how deep do you have to dig to find apparently "homosexual" prophets--but merely requires setting down the broom, has already been discussed here, recently, and not a Fundie in sight with any Witness there. Ergo, you may trust that they will continue to run from it, like anyone hiding from the Truth does, surely me at the head.

But in the prophets of Jerusalem I have seen a horrible thing: they commit adultery and walk in lies; they strengthen the hands of evildoers, so that no one turns from his evil; all of them have become like Sodom to me, and its inhabitants like Gomorrah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity