Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: does-protesting-gay-marriage-advance-the-gospel?
Yes 12 17.91%
No 50 74.63%
Other, I explain in the post. 5 7.46%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 01:15 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,484,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
They don't They want the same treatment heteros get for their sexual practices . . . legal marriage and a slew of tax and other social benefits.
No one need approve of extreme behavior or promiscuity . . . but neither are the exclusive province of homosexuals.
No . . . they just want equal treatment under the law. We do not need to approve of it or even believe God approves of it. We just need to let them have equal secular treatment of their love for one another. To paraphrase Jesus . . . Let what belongs to Caesar be Caesar's.
Then let them go about their business and shut up about it. They seem to want to dwell on the subject. There are two threads on here at present discussing the matter. The truth is, it really doesn't occupy the thoughts of the majority of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 01:39 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,456,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Then let them go about their business and shut up about it. They seem to want to dwell on the subject. There are two threads on here at present discussing the matter. The truth is, it really doesn't occupy the thoughts of the majority of us.
True. what the Law does is not an issue to most as the Law does a lot of things against God's express will.
That is why He will destroy all of man's Governments and bring His son's kingdom to earth.

Old 07-15-2014, 01:39 PM

4,686 posts, read 6,158,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Are you in the United States? Hopefully you know we ALL have the right to public protest granted to us by the Bill of Rights. (Freedom of Assembly. It's so important it's the First Amendment to the Constitution.) If you're unhappy with gay pride flags maybe you should design a "Straight and Proud!!" flag. I'm sure it would sell well with the same people who buy the Gadsden flag.

If you have a problem with flamboyance..... dress conservatively.

The gays are ..... everywhere? Well, let's hope so. They're citizens and human beings, have the right to leave their homes and the closet idea is soooooo 1956.
You know your right, Im going to host a Straight pride parade, where people will scream were Straight and Proud, Say it Loud, then will be labeled a biggot by the LGBTfor actually having a parade in which im proud of having the opposite sex for a mate, the way God intended.

Gay is a sexual preference, so you know have to try to promote in public if you are a man that you want another mans butt or if you are a female that you want another females fun zone.

Old 07-15-2014, 01:42 PM

10,125 posts, read 14,011,463 times
Quote:
A lot of threads in this section tend to get that way.

I agree that if the goal is to be treated equal then there is no need to advertise it. It's like a handicap person wanting to be treated the same as everyone else but then wanting to receive special privileges (no I know they are not the same thing, it's an analogy). But that is besides the point of this thread. I digress.

I honestly believe this so called protesting would go away if the subject wasn't so thrown out there to be presented. I honestly would like to go on with life and not having people's sexuality become an identifier for them. If I found out that you are gay then I at least hope that I have a relationship enough with you to tell you why I believe it's wrong without you thinking that I hate you or that you think I don't care about you as a person. When a person who is gay, pushes their sexuality as part of who they are and make it known immediately, then you base your whole idea of being accepted on that and that is unfair. It comes off as an attempt to get people to accept you as a person and your sexuality, not necessarily just you as a person.

Old 07-15-2014, 01:54 PM

63,966 posts, read 40,253,710 times
Quote:
They don't They want the same treatment heteros get for their sexual practices . . . legal marriage and a slew of tax and other social benefits.
No one need approve of extreme behavior or promiscuity . . . but neither are the exclusive province of homosexuals.
No . . . they just want equal treatment under the law. We do not need to approve of it or even believe God approves of it. We just need to let them have equal secular treatment of their love for one another. To paraphrase Jesus . . . Let what belongs to Caesar be Caesar's.
Quote:
Well the laws and State Constitutional bans against same sex marriage supported by majorities suggest you are wrong. The majority are occupied by how secular society treats the sexual practices of homosexuals . . . and they want it to remain unequal.

Old 07-15-2014, 02:26 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,484,984 times
Quote:
Well the laws and State Constitutional bans against same sex marriage supported by majorities suggest you are wrong. The majority are occupied by how secular society treats the sexual practices of homosexuals . . . and they want it to remain unequal.
Well, the CDC just reported that only 1.6% are homosexual. I'm not going to spend my time worrying over 1.6%. There are probably more alcoholics and orphans out there.

Old 07-15-2014, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Well, the CDC just reported that only 1.6% are homosexual. I'm not going to spend my time worrying over 1.6%. There are probably more alcoholics and orphans out there.

This is what is really annoying is that 1.6% of the population has a giant bullying agenda to make sure we approve of their lifestyles.

Call a black person a name, no problem, just apologize and all is well and a little sensitive training.
Call a gay a name or disagree with the LGBT agenda, and you loose endorsements, sponsorships, get fined, called a bigot, and lose your job.

Examples:
-NFL Player kisses boyfriend on TV and a another player tweets OMG Horrible and gets fined and suspended, simply because he didnt agree with 2 men kissing on national TV.
-NBA Player says a joke and says no homo afterwards and gets fined for saying a supposed gay slur. HOW IS NO-HOMO a gay slur???
-Kobe calls a ref a f@gg-- and gets fined big time, but players cuss on the court all the time and never gets that kind of fine.

If a pastor comes out and says he doesnt agree with the LGBT lifestyle, he is attacked and labeled hate speech, bigoted, and more... yet the bible CLEARLY says the LGBT lifestyle is a sin, yet they still want to take part in a religion that 100% says what they are doing is wrong and must be repented of.

All Christians need to keep taking a stand and not allowing this sexually immoral lifestyle to be accepted in their churches. Churches should welcome all, but the sin must be repented of whether its gay sex outside of marriage, straight sex outside of marriage or adultery. They are all sexual immorality and the bible says it is a sin and if you practice that lifestyle and die unrepentant in your sins, you will not go to heaven. Thats in the OT and NT.

Old 07-15-2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Crybaby.

As usual, a LGBT lover that resorts to name calling whenever you dont back the agenda. You might not be gay for all I know, but it seems you seem to back much of what the bible says is wrong on here many times

Old 07-15-2014, 02:59 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,252,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
As usual, a LGBT lover that resorts to name calling whenever you dont back the agenda. You might not be gay for all I know, but it seems you seem to back much of what the bible says is wrong on here many times
I bet you're cute.

Where's that eye-batting smiley....?

Old 07-15-2014, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I bet you're cute.

Where's that eye-batting smiley....?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity