Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 04:25 PM

1,509 posts, read 1,384,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That was good. You had me believing you for a minute!!!
LOL! Woohoo! I even threw in a Ghostbusters reference for good measure
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2014, 04:27 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,366,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
I laugh, sometimes to the point of crying. Then I give thanks for people like him.

Whether he realizes it or not it is people like him who are driving away people from the fundamentalist/evangelical churches and right into my congregation. We are growing, mostly with people tired of being condemned, admonished and berated to by an untrained preacher who "just knows" what God says and of course is the only way to salvation.

They come to us because I preach love, tolerance, acceptance - no you can't skate through life and be a jerk, but you don't have to be doctrinally perfect lest you lose your place in heaven. The more folks like him rant and rave, I pray the more they come to us and find a gospel message of love and understand what Christ meant when he said love one another as I have loved you.
This is a great post!

Old 07-16-2014, 04:33 PM

9,915 posts, read 9,626,847 times
You cannot be a Christian and a pagan. Jesus said you cannot serve two masters. You cannot be a child of God and a child of the devil!

Also this verse - There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh but after the spirit.

A person cannot be saved and lost at the same time.

A person cannot have the Holy Spirit dwelling in them and the devil at the same time!

A person cannot be on their way to heaven and on their way to hell at same time.

This is ridiculous and non-biblical to determine that a person is a Pagan while the person is a Christian, based on what Christ says in the Bible about salvation.

Lastly, no one else can judge whether or not I am saved. They can guess all they want, and judge all they choose, but in the end, God determines it.

Old 07-16-2014, 04:35 PM

9,915 posts, read 9,626,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
This is a great post!
That is why we should search the Scriptures to see what is right, in case someone comes along and misquotes and/or misunderstands and does not rightly divide the Word of God. You put on the whole armor of God so that you can defeat the firey darts of the enemy. (Book of Ephesians).

Old 07-16-2014, 04:36 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,611,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
And ONLY what they've been programmed to spout.
well, what else would you be talking about if something happened to you,
like some guy comes over and raises your dead brother back to life, ya
know, might not be able to stop talking about it, right ?

Old 07-16-2014, 05:28 PM

250 posts, read 219,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFormula View Post
Great. so when is the next High Holy Day?
Be specific!Who's "High Holy Day"? Church age Christian or Jewish or Muslim or Hindu, etc, etc...

Old 07-16-2014, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFormula View Post
[/i]

What you two should be laughing at is how ignorant you are of The Holy Bible.

And was Yeshua a jerk for turning over the tables of the money changers in all places...the CHURCH?.

You people can't be hooked on Joel Osteen and TD Jakes and think you got it all figured out.
Jesus never did anything in "the CHURCH". The tables He turned over were in the Temple.

Old 07-16-2014, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You lose. I attended a Passover Seder this year.

But I do enjoy Halloween. When your head explodes could you take a selfie and post it? It would make a cool.decoration.
WOW! I attend a Seder every year for Passover. Did you find it interesting? I love the significance of all the elements of the meal.

Old 07-16-2014, 05:37 PM

I am beginning to wonder if OneFormula is Harry Reid! I just heard Harry on tv saying "the border is secure".

Old 07-16-2014, 07:09 PM

88,741 posts, read 85,121,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith_Plus_Nothing View Post
WOW! I attend a Seder every year for Passover. Did you find it interesting? I love the significance of all the elements of the meal.
Yes, it was the first time. Very interesting, and tasty, too.. I take a religious education course through a nearby church. It's part bible study, part church history, part working toward finding what your ministry should be. The course is facilitated by an Episcopal rector. One of the other members is a young woman who has a Jewish mother and a Christian father, but she was raised culturally Jewish. Her parents left it to her to find her own path. She attends a Reform temple on Friday night, and she sings in the church choir on Sunday.

She led the Seder--she knows the Hebrew, and the rector is familiar with the ritual as well, and we all brought a contribution to the meal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity