Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 11:08 AM

217 posts, read 146,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
yes I know paganism was initially involved in deeming which days are religious days.. HOWEVER....

if I celebrate them with Jesus in mind, and in His honor, then I am not sinning, nor giving homage to paganism.

if YOU feel they are wicked, then for YOU, do not do them, however, do not be legalistic in determining this issue. I usually don't get on people for legalism, but in this case, I see you are thinking that way.

I do not do yoga for the reason to me that it is a religious ritual that is a form of worship to idols. I know some people treat it as strictly exercise, but it has another meaning for me, and I do not participate in it.
Most are getting the point that it's pointless to debate the OP. Why do you continue to do so? He's not interested in what anyone else has to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2014, 11:12 AM

550 posts, read 517,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by comm08 View Post
Most are getting the point that it's pointless to debate the OP. Why do you continue to do so? He's not interested in what anyone else has to say.

Especially if it's not Biblical and being twisted to fit one's own agenda

Old 07-14-2014, 11:12 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,228,729 times
Quote:
That's why most of the JWs and other, um, idiosyncratic Christians don't last long around here.

Old 07-14-2014, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
That's why most of the JWs and other, um, idiosyncratic Christians don't last long around here.
so Pagan groupthink rules this forum huh? that's unfortunate. but thanks for clearing that up so I don't need to correct most of you with my posts as much going forward.

Old 07-14-2014, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFormula View Post
so Pagan groupthink rules this forum huh? that's unfortunate. but thanks for clearing that up so I don't need to correct most of you with my posts as much going forward.
Hehehe.

You said "correct" and "my posts" in the same sentence!

Keep those thigh-slappers coming.

Old 07-14-2014, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Hehehe.

You said "correct" and "my posts" in the same sentence!

Keep those thigh-slappers coming.

and you think Yeshua is coming back with giftbaskets and flowers...too funny..

Old 07-14-2014, 11:43 AM

Quote:
and you think Yeshua is coming back with giftbaskets and flowers...too funny..
No I don't.

I don't believe Yeshua exists.

Old 07-14-2014, 12:07 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,616,417 times
Quote:
I follow what The Holy Bible says :

Matthew 6:24

"No man can serve two masters: for either he: will hate the one, and love the other;
or else: he will hold to the one, and despise the other"

So either you are paying homage to Paganism or following the what the Bible says in your actions, and by all accounts your are paying homage to Paganism. not good.
No.

YOU have decided that I am doing a pagan thing.

I respectfully disagree with you.

Old 07-14-2014, 12:08 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,616,417 times
Quote:
I hear you.

I did answer him - I will not be judged for something that is not sin TO ME and in my sincere way I do serve the Lord.

Old 07-14-2014, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
No.

YOU have decided that I am doing a pagan thing.

I respectfully disagree with you.

No. the BIBLE condemns your actions. not me. I'm just posting the scripture for reference to help you understand. nothing more. My opinion doesn't matter. but The Most High's does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity