Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 10:36 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,945,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
You have it backwards ... the problem is secular society feel tenets of their godlessness need to be forced or viewed as valid as the righteous.
More valid actually. We base things on facts and reality, not hope and faith.

Quote:
Your categorizing the truth as "stories cobbled together by those ancient superstitious tribesmen" will one day be shown for what it is. The Christian Church is told to expect such animosity and in due time we will be vindicated of all the hate being spoken against and hate being acted upon it by the unbelieving world.
Don't hold your breath. More and more people are realizing the false hopes that all religions hold out for an afterlife are just that, false hopes. More and more people are recognizing that rather than "having dominion over all" has poisoned our world, and the nature that sustains it.

If you think morality comes from an ancient set of stories that were not even endorsed until the 4th century by a bunch of politically appointed bishops, and then want to endorse the teachings of that morality, most of us look at that in horror.

After all, do you really want to stone your neighbor for picking up sticks on Saturday? Or would you give your virgin daughters over to a mob so they can be raped? Or cause such a mental disease in pigs that they hurl themselves over a cliff in mass suicide?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2014, 11:49 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,517,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
More valid actually. We base things on facts and reality, not hope and faith.
Your fooling yourself .... everybody has hope and faith in something.

Your hope and faith is in yourself which finally is being the god of yourself ...

Quote:
Don't hold your breath. More and more people are realizing the false hopes that all religions hold out for an afterlife are just that, false hopes. More and more people are recognizing that rather than "having dominion over all" has poisoned our world, and the nature that sustains it.

If you think morality comes from an ancient set of stories that were not even endorsed until the 4th century by a bunch of politically appointed bishops, and then want to endorse the teachings of that morality, most of us look at that in horror.

After all, do you really want to stone your neighbor for picking up sticks on Saturday? Or would you give your virgin daughters over to a mob so they can be raped? Or cause such a mental disease in pigs that they hurl themselves over a cliff in mass suicide?
The one thing I find comical is that folks like you never seem to be as adamant in your face \ make it your business to oppose the UR folks who are just as adamant concerning folks like you will have to bow your knee in belief of the Biblical God ... and no other.

I'm convinced that isn't coincidental and I'm going to find it entertaining just who is going to be found out as the misguided. Scripturally, (and unfortunately) you're going to prove UR to be the false theology that it is.

It doesn't have to be ... you know.

Old 08-13-2014, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Your fooling yourself .... everybody has hope and faith in something.

Your hope and faith is in yourself which finally is being the god of yourself ...
Faith is a belief in the unknown and the unprovable.

Science is the understanding of the known, and the method to dwell into the unknown. Faith essentially says, "We don't know why that phenomena, therefor god". Science says, "We don't know, so let's try and find out why".

Quote:
The one thing I find comical is that folks like you never seem to be as adamant in your face \ make it your business to oppose the UR folks who are just as adamant concerning folks like you will have to bow your knee in belief of the Biblical God ... and no other.
UR?? What does that stand for?

Old 08-13-2014, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Faith is a belief in the unknown and the unprovable.

Science is the understanding of the known, and the method to dwell into the unknown. Faith essentially says, "We don't know why that phenomena, therefor god". Science says, "We don't know, so let's try and find out why".
Science does not provide all the answers ...
Science admits "We don't know, so let's try and find out why". ... and call it a theory when it can't be provable.

Science through science can not answer definitely:

where did "it" come from?
if science says "A", then where did "A" come from ...
if science says "A" came from "B", then where did "B" come from ... and so on.
what\why is the purpose for human life existing?
we know why the purpose of oxygen to exist
we know why the purpose of water to exist
we know why the purpose of the sun to exist
we know why the purpose of the food chain to exist
we know why the purpose of the earth's moon to exist
Quote:
UR?? What does that stand for?
Really ... you haven't read anything from the ShanaBrown's, Heartsong', Pleroo's, DewDropInn's of this forum?

Universal Restoration: where as troutdude said it's the group hug feel good'ism

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Universal Restoration:
where even the most adamant atheist will go from this
dream on

to bow in belief
to the Biblical God whether you like it or not because God desires

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Universal Restoration: where everybody will be in heaven no matter what dance seems right

Old 08-13-2014, 02:29 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,247,576 times
Gee twin. You missed my post where I said I have no idea what happens to murderers and child molesters. (Unlike some people on this board I don't profess to know everything.) Which means you missed the part where I said I let God decide since..... He's God.

I'm hurt that you aren't paying closer attention to every word I type. Not to worry though. I have excellent coping skills.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 08-13-2014 at 03:27 PM..

Old 08-13-2014, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Science does not provide all the answers ...
Science admits "We don't know, so let's try and find out why". ... and call it a theory when it can't be provable.

Science through science can not answer definitely:

where did "it" come from?
if science says "A", then where did "A" come from ...
if science says "A" came from "B", then where did "B" come from ... and so on.
what\why is the purpose for human life existing?
we know why the purpose of oxygen to exist
we know why the purpose of water to exist
we know why the purpose of the sun to exist
we know why the purpose of the food chain to exist
we know why the purpose of the earth's moon to exist
Please educate yourself on the scientific method. You are embarrassing yourself in the use of theory right from the start.

Do you have ANY idea what step must occur before a theory become a theory? You know, like the theory of gravity? Of nuclear fission? Of the speed of light?

Do you have ANY idea? Until you do, you will not understand why your argument is scientifically illiterate.

Old 08-13-2014, 04:22 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,569,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Gee twin. You missed my post where I said I have no idea what happens to murderers and child molesters. (Unlike some people on this board I don't profess to know everything.) Which means you missed the part where I said I let God decide since..... He's God.

I'm hurt that you aren't paying closer attention to every word I type. Not to worry though. I have excellent coping skills.
My favoritest post of the day.

Old 08-13-2014, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Please educate yourself on the scientific method. You are embarrassing yourself in the use of theory right from the start.

Do you have ANY idea what step must occur before a theory become a theory? You know, like the theory of gravity? Of nuclear fission? Of the speed of light?

Do you have ANY idea? Until you do, you will not understand why your argument is scientifically illiterate.
As I thought .... you can't explain it other than trying to intimidate.
Science can't explain it:

7 Theories on the Origin of Life .... Life Science

"most scientists today agree that life arose from non-living matter"
  1. Electric Spark Theory
  2. Community Clay Theory
  3. Deep-Sea Vents Theory
  4. Chilly Start Theory
  5. RNA World Theory
  6. Simple Beginnings Theory
  7. Panspermia Theory
Origins of the Universe, Big Bang Theory Information, Big Bang Facts, News, Photos -- National Geographic

"The big bang theory leaves several major questions unanswered.
One is the original cause of
the big bang itself.
Several answers have been proposed to address this fundamental

question, but none has been proven—and even adequately testing them has proven to be a formidable challenge."
** the non-fool's foolish answer: God Hebrews 11:3
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Nor did you give any definitive scientific answer to the purpose of your existence.

Last edited by twin.spin; 08-13-2014 at 05:25 PM..

Old 08-13-2014, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

And God provided the answer in which he does let us know what happens .... and you refuse to believe it for whatever reasons.

Old 08-13-2014, 06:39 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,247,576 times
Quote:
And God provided the answer in which he does let us know what happens .... and you refuse to believe it for whatever reasons.
Free advice: Don't go into the psychic business. If you try and make a living reading minds you'll go broke.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 08-13-2014 at 06:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity