Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2014, 05:11 PM

14,900 posts, read 17,194,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:

ok Shana, lets look at the pray, scripture, Romans
8:26 " Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we
should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for
us with groanings which cannot be uttered". see, the misunderstanding is
when the Lord or God pray it's to someone, NO, pray is with, or for, and not
always "TO". here in Romans we see this clearly

What I see here, 101, is that God's Holy Spirit intercedes with when we pray to the Father. His Spirit that lives inside of us in helping us with our prayers to the Father. His Holy Spirit that dwells in us helps us with our weaknesses. Jesus always prayed to the Father and He taught His disciples to pray to the Father. He did not pray to Himself, 101c.

ex: Luke 11:2
And He said to them, “When you pray, say: ‘Father, hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come.

Quote:
but the scriptures do, listen, Colossians 1:16 "For by him
were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and
invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers:
all things were created by him, and for him:17 And
he is before all things, and by him all things consist”.
I believe that tells us who is “Lord”, JESUS.
Yes all things were created by or through Jesus , because this is how the Father brought all things into being, through Jesus Christ. (through as some translation have this verse)

Hebrews 1,

God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, 2 in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.(literally the ages) 3 And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power.

Jesus is the exact radiance of the Father's glory and He is the exact representation of the Father's nature. The Father created all things through Jesus. Paul tells us in 1 Cor. 8

5 For even if there are so-called gods whether in heaven or on earth, as indeed there are many gods and many lords, 6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him.

Quote:
scripture, Isaiah 45:23 "I have sworn by myself, the word
is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto
me every
knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear. he
said “unto “ME” every knee shall bow, and every tongue confess, or swear.
and this is GOD, the one whom you calls Father right, who is speaking. he said
unto “ME”, so guess who is JESUS?, the Me. I’ll save this one for later
Jesus represents the Father and is pointing all of us to the Father, who is His God. Yes, every knee will bow and every tongue will confess Jesus who is acting on behalf of the Father. That is His goal, to bring all of us to the Father, the One and Only True God. He reflects Him. He represents Him. He reveals Him. He directs us to Him. God bless and thank you.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 09-27-2014 at 05:41 PM..

Old 09-27-2014, 05:45 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,247,557 times
Thanks for the response,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
What I see here, 101, is that God's Holy Spirit intercedes with when we pray to the Father. His Spirit that lives inside of us in helping us with our prayers to the Father. His Holy Spirit that dwells in us helps us with our weaknesses. Jesus always prayed to the Father and He taught His disciples to pray to the Father.
ex: Luke 11:2
And He said to them, “When you pray, say: ‘Father, hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come..
Shana, intercedes means it is the Spirit that prays, and the Spirit is GOD.

Quote:
Yes all things were created by or through Jesus , because this is how the Father brought all things into being, through Jesus Christ.
I believe the scriptures disagree with you there,
Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself. there was no one with, or beside him. Isaiah 45:18 "For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else. Isaiah 45:12 "I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded. all of these are singular pronouns.

Quote:
Hebrews 1, God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, 2 in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.(literally the ages) 3 And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power.
Shana, Jesus the Christ is that God who Spoke unto the prophets, listen,
1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow”. see, the Spirit of Christ was in then, without flesh, without bone, and without blood. he JESUS was in the prophets of old speaking to them of the things to com. listen, just about every account of the prophets in the old testament said something like this, “the Word of the LORD came unto me”. now who is the Word?. correct the Lord Jesus. so again it was the Lord Jesus in the old testament, and now in flesh, with blood speaking to us directly. that’s why the Holy Spirit speaks the Words of Jesus only for he is Jesus. so Jesus was in the old testament speaking, there are many referencing to the lord Jesus speaking in the old testament, so again Jesus is God in the old testament.

Quote:
The Father created all things through Jesus. Paul tells us in 1 Cor. 8

5 For even if there are so-called gods whether in heaven or on earth, as indeed there are many gods and many lords, 6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him.
I believe you might want to re-read Isaiah 44:24, Isaiah 45:18, and Isaiah 45:12

and also Col 1:16 & 17 again.
Quote:
Jesus represents the Father and is pointing all of us to the Father, who is His God. Yes, every knee will bow and every tongue will confess Jesus who is acting on behalf of the Father. That is His goal, to bring all of us to the Father, the One and Only True God. God bless.
JESUS is the Father in flesh. he is the diversity, or the offspring of God the Spirit.

the image of God is simply Flesh and blood, a MAN. listen, Genesis 1:26 "And God said, Let us make man in our image". the image of God is flesh and Bone, hence water and blood

do you have any more questions?. most was repeats

Old 09-27-2014, 05:48 PM

101c, I never had any questions for you, I was just responding to your posts. I will be back in a little, Lord willing. Have to take my little doggy out for his walk. God bless.

Old 09-27-2014, 05:56 PM

Quote:
101c, I never had any questions for you, I was just responding to your posts. I will be back in a little, Lord willing. Have to take my little doggy out for his walk. God bless.
ok, see you then, if it's alright with you, when you come back I would like to put some questions on the table.

Old 09-27-2014, 06:10 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,725,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
That is simply not the case ....
https://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...s-trinity.html
Our coined word "Trinity' which closely resembles the first century coined word which was revealed by God is found in the Bible Colossians 2:9 is "Godhead"
KJV For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily

G2320
èåüôçò
theoteôs (pronounced) ...theh-ot'-ace
Derives from the Greek word G2316; divinity (abstractly):—godhead.
and the Greek word (G2320) derived from the Greek word (G2316)
G2316
èåüò
theos (pronounced) theh'-os

Of uncertain affinity; a deity, the supreme Divinity;
by Hebraism very:—X exceeding, God
The Trinity \ Deity \ Godhead shown itself when Jesus was baptized: Matthew 3:16-17
  • The Father of the Godhead spoke
  • The Son of the Godhead was in the water
  • The Holy Spirit of the Godhead descended
in the Bible, God revealed
Excuse me, but that does not reveal the Trinity in any shape or form except in your own mind. As a matter of fact, there are arguments from textual critics in support of gnostics who believed that it was at Jesus' baptism that the Spirit of God came upon Him. Not from His "virgin" birth. You "think" it means the Trinity because that is what someone has told you. No one reading the Bible without benefit of being influenced by centuries of church teaching can come to that conclusion.

The KJV is literally the worst translation of scripture available. And even the most conservative of erudite scholars agree with that (i.e. Daniel Wallace, professor at Dallas Baptist Seminary--he is hated by KJV people who consider him a devil)--so please don't quote the KJV and expect it to mean anything to anyone with any brain mass between their ears.

Old 09-27-2014, 06:27 PM

2 Shana, Understand something, I’m not testing your knowledge of the scriptures or anything, ok. I’m giving you my answers to some interesting facts which support my point of view. I just want you to give you opinion, and ask any question that you may have with my answers. so just tell me what you think of my views, ok.

since we all believe in only one God, so my question I would like to put on the table is this. in Revelation 1:1 who was it that sent “his” angel to John?, no one have given me a scriptural answer to this question. Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John”. this seems like two person are involved, right, but I say no, only one Person. so who was it that sent his angel?, God, the one whom most call Father, or the Son who most call the Christ, JESUS, or is it someone else?.
my answer is what the scriptures say, Revelation 22:6 "And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done. I’m sure the angel knows who sent him. he said, the “Lord” God of the Holy Prophets, indicating the prophets of old, and the new. Now, lets see who this Lord God, of the holy prophets by name, Revelation 22:16 "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
here the “Lord" Jesus is without a doubt is identified as the “Lord” and "God" of the old testament, and the new.

so what is your opinion on this answer. take your time on the reply.

be blessed.

Old 09-27-2014, 06:35 PM

Quote:

Shana, intercedes means it is the Spirit that prays, and the Spirit is
GOD
Hi 101, I'm back. I believe that the Father is Spirit and I also believe that His Holy Spirit is His energy, power, influence that originates from Him and proceeds from Him. Jesus said:

John 15
“When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify about Me, 27 and you will testify also, because you have been with Me from the beginning.

I believe that Jesus is identified with God's Holy Spirit that proceeds from the Father. He had the full measure of God's Holy Spirit. This does not mean that Jesus is the Father or that the Spirit is a separate person of a Trinity. The Holy Spirit is the manifestation of the Father's thoughts and actions.
Quote:

I believe the scriptures disagree with you there,
Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that
formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that
maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the
heavens alone;
that spreadeth abroad the earth by
myself. there was no one with, or
beside him. Isaiah 45:18 "For thus saith the LORD
that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it;
he hath
established it, he
created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I
am the LORD; and there is none else. Isaiah
45:12 "I
have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have
stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded. all of
these are singular pronouns

The Father made all things through Jesus which the scriptures tell us.

God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, 2 in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.(literally the ages) 3 And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power.

1 Cor. 8

5 For even if there are so-called gods whether in heaven or on earth, as indeed there are many gods and many lords, 6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him

Jesus did not help Him. But all things were made through Jesus who was the Word made flesh.

Quote:
Shana, Jesus the Christ is that God who Spoke unto the prophets, listen,

1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have
enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come
unto you:11 Searching what, or what manner of time
the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand
the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow”.
see, the Spirit of Christ was in then, without flesh, without bone, and without
blood. he JESUS was in the prophets of old speaking to them of the things to
com. listen, just about every account of the prophets in the old testament said
something like this, “the Word of the LORD came unto me”. now who is the Word?.
correct the Lord Jesus. so again it was the Lord Jesus in the old testament, and
now in flesh, with blood speaking to us directly. that’s why the Holy Spirit
speaks the Words of Jesus only for he is Jesus. so Jesus was in the old
testament speaking, there are many referencing to the lord Jesus speaking in the
old testament, so again Jesus is God in the old testament.
Yes, Jesus was the Word of God. He was the Word made flesh that proceeded from the Father. The Father is the original source and all things proceed from Him, including His Word made flesh.

Quote:
JESUS is the Father in flesh. he is the diversity, or
Quote:
the offspring of God the Spirit.

the image of God is simply Flesh and
blood, a MAN. listen, Genesis 1:26 "And God said, Let us
make man in our image". the image of God is flesh and Bone, hence water
and blood

Colossians 1

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. 16 For by (through) Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him. 17 He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. 18 He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything. 19 For it was the Father’s good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him...

An image is a representation of an original, just like when we look in a mirror, we see our image. The image reflects us but it is not the real person. Jesus reflects who the Father is and He represents the Father, but He Himself tells us that He came to reveal the One and Only True God and that One is His Father. The fulness of the Father dwelled in Him because the Father gave this to Him. Everything that Jesus did and everything that He is comes directly from the Father, His Father, His God. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 09-27-2014 at 06:58 PM..

Old 09-27-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:

2 Shana, Understand something, I’m not testing your
knowledge of the scriptures or anything, ok. I’m giving you my answers to some
interesting facts which support my point of view. I just want you to give you
opinion, and ask any question that you may have with my answers. so just tell me
what you think of my views, ok.

since we all believe in only one God, so my question I
would like to put on the table is this. in Revelation 1:1 who was it that sent
“his” angel to John?, no one have given me a scriptural answer to this question.
Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ,
which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly
come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his
servant John”. this seems like two person are
involved, right, but I say no, only one Person. so who was it that sent his
angel?, God, the one whom most call Father, or the Son who most call the Christ,
JESUS, or is it someone else?.

my answer is what the scriptures say, Revelation
22:6 "And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the
Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto
his servants the things which must shortly be done. I’m
sure the angel knows who sent him. he said, the “Lord” God of the Holy Prophets,
indicating the prophets of old, and the new. Now, lets see who this Lord God, of
the holy prophets by name, Revelation 22:16
"I Jesus
have sent mine angel
to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the
offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

here the “Lord" Jesus is without a doubt is identified
as the “Lord” and "God" of the old testament, and the new.

so what is your opinion on this answer. take your time
on the reply"
I think that we went over this before, 101c. The Father gave the revelation to Jesus.

1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must soon take place; and He sent and communicated it by His angel to His bond-servant John, 2 who testified to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. 3 Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and heed the things which are written in it; for the time is near.

Jesus gave the revelation to His angel. All angels belong to the Father anyway, because He is the Creator of all things and all beings. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 09-27-2014 at 07:00 PM..

Old 09-27-2014, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Hi 101, I'm back. I believe that the Father is Spirit and I also believe that His Holy Spirit is His energy, power, influence that originates from Him and proceeds from Him. .
Shana, are you listening to yourself?, you said, that the "Father is Spirit". God is the Spirit. see John 4:24

Quote:
Jesus said: John 15 “When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify about Me, 27 and you will testify also, because you have been with Me from the beginning.
I believe that Jesus is identified with God's Holy Spirit that proceeds from the Father. He had the full measure of God's Holy Spirit. This does not mean that Jesus is the Father or that the Spirit is a separate person of a Trinity. The Holy Spirit is the manifestation of the Father's thoughts and actions..
(smile), the Lord Jesus is the Holy Spirit, John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. so when did our Lord Jesus come?, answer the day of Pentecost.

Quote:
The Father made all things through Jesus. Jesus did not help Him. But l things were made through Jesus who was the Word made flesh.
no, listen, "BY", himself alone. by, not through, listen, Colossians 1:16 "For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him”. have you ever hear of the expression, “I did it by myself?”. scripture, Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself”. there it is, “by myself”.
Quote:
Yes, Jesus was the Word of God. He was the Word made flesh that proceeded from the Father. The Father is the original source and all things proceed from Him.
ok lets answer this, Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you".
now Shana, re-read Isaiah 35:4 and tell me who came?. and understand it is only one savior, listen, Isaiah 43:11 "I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no savior". so who came, remember the Father is God, just follow the scriptures you want go wrong.

Quote:
An image is a representation of an original, just like when we look in a mirror, we see our image. The image reflect us but it is not the real person. Jesus reflects who the Father is and He represents the Father, but He Himself tells us that He came to reveal the One and Only True God and that One is His Father. God bless.
as I have said before, an image is only the covering of the spirit to manifest in. so look over my answers, and ask any question if you have any, or where you disagree at.

peacre

Old 09-27-2014, 07:12 PM

Quote:

Shana, are you listening to yourself?, you said, that the "Father is Spirit".
God is the Spirit. see John 4:24
Yes, I shard that that Father is Spirit and that His Holy Spirit proceeds from Him.

Quote:
(smile), the Lord Jesus is the Holy Spirit, John 14:18 "I
will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. so
when did our Lord Jesus come?, answer the day of Pentecost.

I shared that Jesus is identified with the Holy Spirit because he possessed God's Holy Spirit without measure. I also shared that I do not believe that the Holy Spirit is a separate person in a Trinity, but that it is the energy and power of God. We believers also possess a measure of God's Holy Spirit, yet this does not mean that we are the Father.

John 15
“When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify about Me, 27 and you will testify also, because you have been with Me from the beginning.

Quote:
no, listen, "BY", himself alone. by, not through, listen, Colossians 1:16 "For by
him were all things created, that are in
heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones,
or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and
for him”. have you ever hear of the expression, “I
did it by myself?”. scripture, Isaiah 44:24 "Thus
saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the
LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth
abroad the earth by myself”. there it is, “by myself”.
The NAS translation has "through" listed in the margins and the Young's Literal translation has.

15 who is the image of the invisible God, first-born of all creation,
16 because in him were the all things created, those in the heavens, and those upon the earth, those visible, and those invisible, whether thrones, whether lordships, whether principalities, whether authorities; all things through him, and for him, have been created,
17 and himself is before all, and the all things in him have consisted.

Quote:
ok lets answer this, Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a
fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come
with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save
you".
now Shana, re-read Isaiah 35:4 and
tell me who came?. and understand it is only one savior, listen, Isaiah 43:11 "I, even I, am the LORD; and
beside me there is no savior". so who came, remember the Father is God, just
follow the scriptures you want go wrong

Again, Jesus is the Father's representative. He acts on behalf of the Father. He is our Savior because the Father is saving us through Jesus. This is what the scriptures reveal. God bless and thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.