Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 02:04 PM

758 posts, read 850,578 times

Advertisements

According to the logic of most people on this forum when it comes to the deity of Jesus Christ. He is different from God.

Please tell me how you can separate your voice (words) from who you actually are.

When you speak; it is not you who is saying it... IT IS SOMEONE ELSE that is not you.

Does that make any sense ? Of course not.

God says : Jesus is God Hebrews chapter ONE verse 8

Jesus says He is God John 1:1 John 1:14 John 8 : 58 Isaiah 9:6 and many many more.

12 different people (12 is a foundation number) called Jesus God.

So please explain to me ... that when you speak it is someone else & not you.

IN beginning was THE WORD & THE WORD was with(in) GOD & GOD WAS THE WORD!!

KAI THEOS EN HO LOGOS

and God Was The Word

See how simple it is??? Children can grasp it easily; but adults just can't comprehend and understand something so simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2014, 03:06 PM

229 posts, read 338,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post
According to the logic of most people on this forum when it comes to the deity of Jesus Christ. He is different from God.

Please tell me how you can separate your voice (words) from who you actually are.

When you speak; it is not you who is saying it... IT IS SOMEONE ELSE that is not you.

Jesus says He is God John 1:1 John 1:14 John 8 : 58 Isaiah 9:6 and many many more.

KAI THEOS EN HO LOGOS

and God Was The Word

See how simple it is??? Children can grasp it easily; but adults just can't comprehend and understand something so simple.
So... simply you believe God and Jesus are one, correct? I just wanted to confirm before I provided my thoughts for you to chew on.

Old 10-04-2014, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelDante View Post
So... simply you believe God and Jesus are one, correct? I just wanted to confirm before I provided my thoughts for you to chew on.
Chew on this... Genesis chapter one Who made the world and everything in it.??

How many times can you count Jesus Christ in Genesis chapter one???

God said: Let light be

It was the power of HIS WORDS John 1:2!!

discussion closed!!

I guess the next step is for you to convince me that your words are not part of you when you speak ??

Thank you !!

Old 10-04-2014, 03:12 PM

229 posts, read 338,268 times
Quote:
Chew on this... Genesis chapter one Who made the world and everything in it.??

How many times can you count Jesus Christ in Genesis chapter one???

God said: Let light be

It was the power of HIS WORDS John 1:2!!

discussion closed!!

Thank you !!
You seem to have a lot of anger, and a love of multiple exclamation points and question marks.

The obvious question is if you're already set on your personal beliefs and don't want discussion then why post on a forum where the purpose is to have.... discussion? Seems illogical.

Last edited by MichaelDante; 10-04-2014 at 03:30 PM..

Old 10-04-2014, 03:32 PM

14,905 posts, read 17,200,511 times
My belief is that Jesus is the Word of God made flesh. The Word is the expression or the manifestation of God.

Jesus said that He came forth from the Father.

Our words come forth from us. They are our expressions. When I read a post by someone on the board, this is their written word but this written word is not the person. It is an expression of the person. When I hear the voice of someone, that voice comes forth from the person. It is not the person but it is an expression of the person.

A person can exist without ever uttering a word. But I don't believe that someone's words can exist without there being a person for the words to come forth from.

The invisible God exists without uttering a word. But His Word does not exist apart from Him.

Jesus came to reveal the Father to us. There is no punctuation in the original language. According to some believers, the phrase, " The Word was God" means

The Word was ........... God

God was the message.

Jesus points us to the Father.

Jesus was all about revealing the One and Only True God to us and He did this by being the Word of God made flesh. In other places in the scriptures, Jesus is said to the the image of the invisible God. An image comes from an orginal and is not the original. It represents the original.

Another thing to remember is that I can say something but think something else. The words that I speak don't necessarily reflect what I actually think at times, so that words can be separate from acutal thought.

Ex: I can say you are beautiful to your face. But in my mind, I may think the opposite.

So my words are an expression that come out of me.

But Jesus is the Word of God and He came to reveal the invisible God to us. He was sent from the Father to reveal the Father. The Father was in Him and operated through Him, confirming who He said He was, by miracles and prophecies that came true.

Jesus referred to the Father as the Only True God. (John 17:3)

The Son acts on behalf of the Father but the Father is greater than the Son. The Father is the Only True God. I do not believe that Jesus is the Father and I do not believe that Jesus a person in a Trinity. Jesus was fully dependent on the Father.

The Father created all things through Jesus Christ. (Colossians 1) Jesus is called the Son of God. The Father is the source and Jesus is the channel. Jesus is the Only Mediator between the Invisible God, the Father, and man and the Father has highly exalted Him. He existed in the form of God and He represents the Father but He is not the Father.

This is what I believe.

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 10-04-2014 at 04:13 PM..

Old 10-04-2014, 03:44 PM

33,324 posts, read 26,524,660 times
Quote:

KAI THEOS EN HO LOGOS

and God Was The Word

Of course Jesus is God. Even if the Bible didn't explicitly state that Jesus is God, which it does, the fact that the pre-incarnate Jesus created all things (John 1:3; Col. 1:16; Heb. 1:10), and Genesis 1:1 states that God created the heavens and the earth, should make the fact that Jesus is God obvious.
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

John 1:3 All things came into being through Him (the Word - Jesus), and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.

Col. 1:16 For in Him (Jesus) all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities-- all things have been created through Him and for Him.

Heb. 1:10 And, “You, Lord (Jesus), laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning, and the heavens are the work of your hands;
Heb. 1:10-12 is a quotation of Psalm 102:25-27. The author of Hebrews applies it to Jesus.

Syllogism:
God created the heavens and the earth.

Jesus created the heavens and the earth.

Therefore, Jesus is God.
Now Jesus isn't God the Father or God the Holy Spirit, He is God the Son. The Second 'Person' of the Trinity.

Old 10-04-2014, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Of course Jesus is God. Even if the Bible didn't explicitly state that Jesus is God, which it does, the fact that the pre-incarnate Jesus created all things (John 1:3; Col. 1:16; Heb. 1:10), and Genesis 1:1 states that God created the heavens and the earth, should make the fact that Jesus is God obvious.
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

John 1:3 All things came into being through Him (the Word - Jesus), and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.

Col. 1:16 For in Him (Jesus) all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities-- all things have been created through Him and for Him.

Heb. 1:10 And, “You, Lord (Jesus), laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning, and the heavens are the work of your hands;
Heb. 1:10-12 is a quotation of Psalm 102:25-27. The author of Hebrews applies it to Jesus.

Syllogism:
God created the heavens and the earth.

Jesus created the heavens and the earth.

Therefore, Jesus is God.
Now Jesus isn't God the Father or God the Holy Spirit, He is God the Son. The Second 'Person' of the Trinity.
Son of God is a "title" Jesus has 103 different titles. He is the "Lamb" of God - does that mean he has four legs??

Lamb of God is another "Title".

How many Everlasting Father's are there? How many Mighty God's are there? Only One!!!

Otherwise I agree with everything you have written.

We know from John chapter 15 that the Holy Spirit will NEVER speak of Himself. He only speaks that which he "hears" from the Father. We know also from the Book of Isaiah that Jesus is "The Mighty God" Jesus is The Everlasting Father.
We know from Micah 5:2 That HE (Jesus) Is FROM - Everlasting. (He had no beginning).

Jesus Gives ALL GLORY to the Father - He always puts the Father above Himself !! Even though they are one in the same.

Thank you for your well written response!

Old 10-04-2014, 03:58 PM

16,713 posts, read 15,716,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelDante View Post
You seem to have a lot of anger, and a love of multiple exclamation points and question marks.

The obvious question is if you're already set on your personal beliefs and don't want discussion then why post on a forum where the purpose is to have.... discussion? Seems illogical.
Punctuation abuse is a serious problem in society these days.

Old 10-04-2014, 04:26 PM

1,196 posts, read 755,437 times
Quote:

I agree children seem to accept the truth better than MANY adults. And here's why, children for the most part will sit, and listen, With a pure and heart and untainted mind. And they're NOT at that age, (yet), where they refuse to learn, adults are, when they are in their selfish ways. they refuse to learn the truth even when it's placed before them. Many QUOTE John 1;1 to make their point, You post it this way, and the word was with (IN) God. Why? I've NEVER seen it put that way in ANY bible.

It makes it seem as though Jesus and God are literally one BODY, and that's wrong! This is why MANY argue, because someone adds or removes. It's sad how so many claim to love Jesus, but out of the same breath they call HIM!... A LIAR. Did Jesus EVER say he was God or the Father? It seem MANY just skip right over the words of the one they CLAIM to love. I would NEVER tell him he's God if he TOLD me MANY times he isn't.

These are the WORDS, from the one I love, MY Lord Jesus , ([John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God and Jesus Christ , whom thou hast sent),Two beings.

John 5:30 -I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me, (did he say he sent himself, or came on his own)?

John 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak ,(he spoke what HIS Father wanted him to speak).

John 3:16,17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved, (NOT hard to understand).

John 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you, (Jesus made his father's name known).

Matt. 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother ,(he said his Father's WILL, NOT his).

Matt. 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven, (Jesus clearly shows no matter how much we call his name. We won't make it if we don't do HIS Father's WILL).

LASTLY ,(John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God). Did Jesus say he WAS GOD? NO! He clearly said “MY FATHER” and “MY GOD.” all day long, I'm believing Jesus, believing ANY other way, is the way of satan. peace

Last edited by jojo-50; 10-04-2014 at 04:34 PM..

Old 10-04-2014, 04:28 PM

33,324 posts, read 26,524,660 times
Quote:
Son of God is a "title" Jesus has 103 different titles. He is the "Lamb" of God - does that mean he has four legs??

Lamb of God is another "Title".

How many Everlasting Father's are there? How many Mighty God's are there? Only One!!!

Otherwise I agree with everything you have written.

We know from John chapter 15 that the Holy Spirit will NEVER speak of Himself. He only speaks that which he "hears" from the Father. We know also from the Book of Isaiah that Jesus is "The Mighty God" Jesus is The Everlasting Father.
We know from Micah 5:2 That HE (Jesus) Is FROM - Everlasting. (He had no beginning).

Jesus Gives ALL GLORY to the Father - He always puts the Father above Himself !! Even though they are one in the same.

Thank you for your well written response!
I know that it is a title just as 'Son of Man' is a title.' The Father / Son relationship between the First and Second Persons of the Trinity does not imply that there was a time when the deity of Christ did not exist. It simply denotes the special relationship between the First and Second Persons of the Trinity. The three Persons of the Godhead have eternally co-existed. The First Person of the Trinity - God the Father is the author and planner of the plan of creation and salvation. He is the authority in that plan.

Last edited by Michael Way; 10-04-2014 at 04:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity