Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where is the kingdom of God?
The kingdom of God is in you. 17 68.00%
The kingdom of God is among the people. 5 20.00%
I do not know where the kingdom of God is. 3 12.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 12:04 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times

Advertisements

Meh`Deleted

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 12-01-2014 at 12:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2014, 12:39 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Wouldn't this then suggest that you are perfect, and do not commit any sin?
Correct.

Old 12-01-2014, 01:55 PM

1,543 posts, read 1,313,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
Oh but it is.

"For He rescued us from the domain of
darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, (Col. 1:13)

Just what exactly do you think Paul is talking about here?

The word "church" and the word "kingdom" refer to the same institution. The words "church" and "body" have different meanings, yet the church is called "the body" of Christ (Ephesians 1:22). The church is also called the "house of God" (I Timothy 3:15), a "temple" (I Corinthians 3:17), "building" (Ephesians 2:21), and "household" (Ephesians 2:19). These various terms emphasize different features of the church -- its family, worship, fellowship features, etc. Likewise when the church is called a kingdom its governmental feature is brought into prominence.

The church and kingdom are are found to agree in the following: The source of authority or the Head, the laws, the subjects, and the territory. As observed above each of these is an essential element to the kingdom's existence. It can also be seen that the church has these same essential points.

A study of the above passages reveals that the church and the kingdom are identical in the chief executive, His laws, His subjects, and His territory or realm of influence. It is impossible for one to be in the kingdom and not be in the church and equally impossible for one to be in the church and out of the kingdom. Members of the church are citizens of the kingdom and vice versa. Christ does not have one institution on earth called the "kingdom" and another called the "church." The law of admission into both is the same and the laws governing conduct of subjects are identical. Both are confined to earth while their chief executive is in heaven and the heart of the subject is the realm of influence in this world.

Further identity of the church and kingdom as one and the same is revealed in*Matthew 16:18,19 where the Lord declares, "I will build My church" and said to Peter, "I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven." In one breath He calls it "My church" and in the next "the kingdom of heaven."

Blessings,

Katie
Question: What do you call the many diversified denominations that exist in our day? IMO God does not approve of all denominations, or even most of them as being part of His church. He may work with those who obey Him, since the Apostles said in Acts 5:32 that God gives the Holy Ghost to those WHO OBEY HIM. But what about those who do not commit themselves to obey Him? Jesus said that those who do not DO the will of God will not be in His kingdom [See Matt. 7:[21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Please see the thread-starter for ARE DENOMINATIONS APPROVED BY GOD? And respond if you have any comments on that thread.

Last edited by Robert M Prince; 12-01-2014 at 02:08 PM..

Old 12-01-2014, 02:38 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
Question: What do you call the many diversified denominations that exist in our day? IMO God does not approve of all denominations, or even most of them as being part of His church. He may work with those who obey Him, since the Apostles said in Acts 5:32 that God gives the Holy Ghost to those WHO OBEY HIM. But what about those who do not commit themselves to obey Him? Jesus said that those who do not DO the will of God will not be in His kingdom [See Matt. 7:[21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Please see the thread-starter for ARE DENOMINATIONS APPROVED BY GOD? And respond if you have any comments on that thread.
Yep the Church/Assembly/Ekklesia and the Kingdom are two different things. The Church is made up of the people, Paul speaks of Citizenship, and the Kingdom is the Heavenly Government over His people. One Government and one Ekklesia and neither are divided in any way.

Old 12-01-2014, 04:48 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
"Words are meaningless, if you have no life."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
The words I speak to you are spirit and life.

The words I speak are not my own it is the Lord who lives in me performing His works.

The Lord and I are One.
Dead people don't talk; and you can't walk on water.

Old 12-01-2014, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Dead people don't talk; and you can't walk on water.
If you continue in my word you are truly my disciple then you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

Jesus gave me His words and sent me as He was sent and I accepted them.

Full authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

No one knows the son except the Father and no one knows the Father except the son and to whomever the son will reveal Him.

It is written in the prophets;

"The Lord guides the humble to justice and He teaches the meek His way."

Old 12-01-2014, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Full authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
If you say so, it must be true.

Now, try walking on water?
Or, calming a Hurricane?

Remember, you only need to speak the word!

Please, let us know - how it works out for you!
And let me know, if you can prevent earthquakes?

Old 12-01-2014, 08:18 PM

Quote:
If you say so, it must be true.

Now, try walking on water?
Or, calming a Hurricane?

Remember, you only need to speak the word!

Please, let us know - how it works out for you!
And let me know, if you can prevent earthquakes?

Follow me and you will see.

The man who keeps the commandments he has from me is the man who loves and I will reveal myself to him and my Father will love him and I will love him.

I will reveal myself to him who loves me and keeps my word though they are not my words but the words of the Lord who sent me.

The reason I was born and came into the world is to testify the truth.

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. "Blessed are you when people revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely for my sake.
Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Old 12-01-2014, 10:43 PM

Quote:
"Blessed are you when people revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely for my sake.
Now, you have a persecution complex?

"If you cannot swim with the fish, then stay out of the water."

Old 12-01-2014, 11:52 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,791,608 times
Why is it that there is no option for the message of Jesus? After all, isnt Jesus the center of Christianity?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity