Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is the most vital for one to have to be a true Christian?
A well and educated study of the scriptures 0 0%
A constant and healthy prayer life 2 11.11%
The wisdom and understanding to discern the things of God 3 16.67%
a deep and intimate love with God and for all others 13 72.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 11:38 AM

37,348 posts, read 28,452,812 times

Advertisements

To eat the fruit from the tree of Life. The fruit of God(God is Spirit) IS love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 08:56 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,436,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Like I said, I'll stick with what I said earlier, because it is 100% accurate. There are many important things in Christian life, and I posted what I posted. Feel free to disagree. I do not care.
so there is something more important to be a Christian then having God in us. eek gad

Old 04-23-2015, 09:33 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,478,132 times
Love

Old 04-24-2015, 06:29 AM

22 posts, read 17,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
did not mean to offend you blain, just putting what I see everyday on this forum. believe like me or you are not a true Christian. I hate that type of thing. not saying that was your point, just an observation.
Oh you didn't offend me I was merely expalining my post as I thought you misunderstood it

Old 04-24-2015, 06:31 AM

32,533 posts, read 22,179,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blain1 View Post
Hello I am new here and I am curious to know what my fellow believers think about this subject.
I am putting several choices in ones that every Christian needs but which one is the one thing we absolutely have to have in order to actually be a true believer? I am interested in your answers

I forgot to mention I am talking about what one needs to flourish and grow as a believer
As a believer in what?...

Old 04-24-2015, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blain1 View Post
hmm well that is true in a sense but simply believing this doesn't make one saved. Many ppl believe this but they are Christians by title only they are lacking something very important.

Anyone can claim to be a Christian but if the heart isn't full of a certain thing then they will not grow much and will become blind to the things of God. Believe me I have met many many Christians and a lot of them are judgmental and attack others and if you disagree with them about a subject- well lets just say that all who claim to be his aren't
Mike will teach you what to believe...He knows more than anyone here....

Old 04-24-2015, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
You left out of your poll the one thing that is necessary to be a Christian . . . to be a believer. And that one thing is to simply believe that Jesus died for your sins and rose again with the result that you place your trust in Him alone for eternal life.

However, all of the things mentioned in your poll pertain to the believer's spiritual life and growth.
I am pretty sure that that was the OPs starting point...You're a believer, what do you think is required to be considered a true believer verses a false believer?...

Old 04-24-2015, 11:35 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,643,545 times
Re: 'viral and needed to flourish and grow'

Well in my estimation it is character'. And that gives a strong bedrock to qualities in an individual that can be used to build from and helps orient one to the reality of life and the spiritual.

If you have it I'd say all things fall in line then. It helps to define say what 'counts' in life. Is it God, money, love , helping others etc? Through character we find out what's important in each of our callings. And I think it is there where our commitments are made.Good luck! Just saying we may need that too..;-)..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity