Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2015, 07:16 AM

27,541 posts, read 28,630,498 times

Advertisements

I think there should be an indefinite moratorium on creation/evolution "debates."

They are absolutely ridiculous. LOL.

Old 05-20-2015, 07:19 AM
Zur

949 posts, read 830,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
This is why I really didn't want an evolution debate here. it is sometimes not unlike trying to discuss the theory of relativity with a sandpit of three -year olds.

There is evidence - hard evidence - for evolution.

There is no sound evidence for what is in Genesis.
There is no sound evidence for the virgin birth or resurrection of Christ either, can anyone proof it? Has anyone proof to you that God exist? There is proof and evidence for them that seek God, He revealed Himself to me. I am glad that I believe as a little boy for them is the Kingdom of God. You do not believe in Genesis, how can you as an Atheist? No arguments needed, the bible declares you a "fool", because God knows your future. I respect your "faith" in evolution, it would be not logical, if you would believe in Creation.

What I cannot understand why the "unbelievers" here in this thread post in a "Christian forum". I believe by revelation from God, therefore I know you are wrong, you cannot convince me by your " faith". I have no need to study wrong money, if I know the true money. BTW the earth is of old, there you are right IMO and some Creationists are wrong. So I have no problem with dinosaur or fossils, or how old is the earth.

Old 05-20-2015, 07:22 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
"evolution" is the revelation from god. It links many sciences together as one. sound familar?

Old 05-20-2015, 07:30 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I think there should be an indefinite moratorium on creation/evolution "debates."

They are absolutely ridiculous. LOL.
I know what you mean; but, all the time evolution denial is a massively -funded evangelical excercise by some areas of religion - not all, by any means - the debate must go on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zur View Post
There is no sound evidence for the virgin birth or resurrection of Christ either, can anyone proof it? Has anyone proof to you that God exist? There is proof and evidence for them that seek God, He revealed Himself to me. I am glad that I believe as a little boy for them is the Kingdom of God. You do not believe in Genesis, how can you as an Atheist? No arguments needed, the bible declares you a "fool", because God knows your future. I respect your "faith" in evolution, it would be not logical, if you would believe in Creation.

What I cannot understand why the "unbelievers" here in this thread post in a "Christian forum". I believe by revelation from God, therefore I know you are wrong, you cannot convince me by your " faith". I have no need to study wrong money, if I know the true money. BTW the earth is of old, there you are right IMO and some Creationists are wrong. So I have no problem with dinosaur or fossils, or how old is the earth.
Because the thread was STARTED here. It was a challenge thrown out by the Christian forum. I would not be here at all if it had not.

What I 'Believe' is what the evidence indicates. I had my doubts about evolution -theory too. And I have participated in debates and looked at the arguments; and evolution -and cosmology too, is based on the best evidence. Belief in Genesis is based on denial of it. That is why you talk about 'belief' rather than evidence .

Even less do I want to start a Gospel debate, but examination of the Virgin -birth stories and the resurrection show that they do not make coherent sense. Nobody could continue believe it other than by refusal to look at the evidence and relying on Faith. That is what I call being foolish.

Old 05-20-2015, 07:45 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,916,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
* Fossils - the order can be determined by stratification alone (no radiological dating) it is unarguable and life started simple and got more complex. Here is a simple chart to show what I mean: http://pubs.usgs.gov/gip/fossils/success...
* Circular species. Meaning that it geographically evolved in two geographic directions with interbreeding possible between all steps but not the two ends. The two ends are actually separate species. Example
* Mitochondrial DNA regressive studies. - This comes only from your mother and the only changes to it are through mutations. These mutations occur at a known rate, and converge world wide 150,000 years ago give or take. If Eve (6000 years ago) was the only female, it would be almost identical world wide. It is not. The flood gives a second bottleneck that matches the facts even less well.
* Geographic distribution of related species. Meaning related species are usually near each other.
* Wisdom Teeth - there isn't room on your jaw for them anymore.
* Your little toe - totally useless. Nice intelligent design here.
* Your appendix - totally useless now but it does digest cellulose in other species.
* Your inner eyelids - They don't even work now, but they do for lots of other animals like house cats. Bet you didn't even know you had 'em.
* Vestigial DNA - meaning chromosomes that we have but don't use, but that are used in other species. We have several that other primates use but are totally useless to us.
* The fact that we share so much DNA among species
* There are no wild milk cows. They evolved through artificial selection and are totally man made.
* Different breeds of dogs, cats, livestock.
* Viruses and bacteria evolve quickly and you can actually see it. This is why you need a new flu shot every year.
* Your tail bone. It is even not that uncommon to be born with a tail.
* Goosebumps - this would be useful if we had fur because it fluffs it and makes more insulation. For us it is worthless.
* The hair standing up on your neck when you are frightened. Animals use this to make themselves look bigger. Doesn't work when you walk upright and don't have fur.
* The fact that humans have gotten measurably and heritability taller since the 1600s
* The fact that humans jaw have gotten measurably and heritability smaller since the 1600s
* The fact that humans little toes have gotten measurably and heritability smaller since the 1600s
* Human lower back problems. Your back is intelligently designed to have support from your shoulders.

How humans have evolved
It appears the creationists must be overwhelming in agreement with your long, and extremely well thought out post.

None have even attempted to respond.

Do you think they have finally seem the truth?

Old 05-20-2015, 07:49 AM
Zur

Quote:
You of course don't need to 'search' since you know the truth on Faith. And any evidence that doesn't fit is simply 'assumptions from the mind of man'. As if faith isn't just that - but lacking the evidence to back it up.

Just sayin' because really there is no point in discussing evidence, fact or reason with a mindset like this. And this is not the forum for our expressions of unbelief, anyway,
I agree, this is not the forum of expressions of unbelief, but how do you know what true faith is? You ever had an encounter with the living God? Faith in God comes by revelation, it comes from God, He reveals Himself to them that seek Him with an honest heart.

Old 05-20-2015, 08:45 AM
Zur

Quote:
I know what you mean; but, all the time evolution denial is a massively -funded evangelical excercise by some areas of religion - not all, by any means - the debate must go on.

Because the thread was STARTED here. It was a challenge thrown out by the Christian forum. I would not be here at all if it had not.

What I 'Believe' is what the evidence indicates. I had my doubts about evolution -theory too. And I have participated in debates and looked at the arguments; and evolution -and cosmology too, is based on the best evidence. Belief in Genesis is based on denial of it. That is why you talk about 'belief' rather than evidence .

Even less do I want to start a Gospel debate, but examination of the Virgin -birth stories and the resurrection show that they do not make coherent sense. Nobody could continue believe it other than by refusal to look at the evidence and relying on Faith. That is what I call being foolish.
First of all the thread was started by the OP as someone who is against Christianity, than the "unbelievers" and atheists jumped on the wagon, the thread became anti-Christian.
There is evidence enough in the Creation to be seen (Rom1:20), but the god of this world is blinding people to deceive them and evolution is one tool. "Professing themselves to be wise, they become fools (Rom 1:22)." " Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever (Rom1:25).
Your evidence is biased by your "faith". There is as much evidence against you, you just deny, because of your "believe". The facts are, whether evolution nor Creation has no proof. As a believer I find in the wonders of this world more of a mighty Creator than an evolution by change, for me it is an impossibility, some scientists have discovered it too. But the deniers of God have no other change, till they find another solution. I have good news for them. Soon fallen angels will appear to tell us they are the creators of this world. But the bad news is that everyone that believes them are lost.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:02 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
unbeliever means non literal religion. just like Christ.
thank you zur.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:50 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,916,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zur View Post
First of all the thread was started by the OP as someone who is against Christianity, than the "unbelievers" and atheists jumped on the wagon, the thread became anti-Christian.
There is evidence enough in the Creation to be seen (Rom1:20), but the god of this world is blinding people to deceive them and evolution is one tool. "Professing themselves to be wise, they become fools (Rom 1:22)." " Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever (Rom1:25).
Your evidence is biased by your "faith". There is as much evidence against you, you just deny, because of your "believe". The facts are, whether evolution nor Creation has no proof. As a believer I find in the wonders of this world more of a mighty Creator than an evolution by change, for me it is an impossibility, some scientists have discovered it too. But the deniers of God have no other change, till they find another solution. I have good news for them. Soon fallen angels will appear to tell us they are the creators of this world. But the bad news is that everyone that believes them are lost.

How many times does this need to be said?

Old 05-20-2015, 10:10 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,522,699 times
Quote:
Ignorance or denial is, I suppose, the choice of the individual. But that does not entitle you to make pronouncements about the truth or otherwise of what you choose to remain ignorant about.

'I don't know' is one of the most basic claims in science. 'I don't know' is what we get in the origins of the universe, the origins of life and whether there is an alien civilization on other planets or whether a god exists.

And then we get those who come along and say 'If YOU don't know, then I can say 'I do know'. Then they pop God in the gaps in our knowledge. This is utterly false and illogical.

What is worse is when -in order to produce these 'Gaps for God' - what we DO know is dismissed using faulty reasoning, denial of evidence and just ignorance. This is the stock -in -trade of the Evolution -skeptic and the Creationists.
If Creationists want to use god for those gaps. I am ok with that. I do question anyone claiming proof of god, afterlife, and beginning of life on earth. We simply don't know and can't ever prove these. Any evidence is speculation at best which is why creation and evolution (and any future theories) will remain theories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity