Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 05:22 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,019,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Nothing new under the sun ... those who oppose the Truth would have done so even if Jesus were to say it in person.

You and the usual amigos oppose me specifically for simply no other reason than I dare to repeat and unwaver from what the Truth said.
You'd have to know what the truth is thoug first...

Old 06-24-2015, 05:29 AM

Quote:
yet the very next sentence Jesus did just that

John 3:17
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

John 3:18
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.
And you put your faith into these contradictions?...

Old 06-24-2015, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Genesis 3:2-4 2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: 3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. 4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

John 8:44 44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Pretty clear.
Those two quote mined verses have nothing to do with each other...The serpent was one of the four legged creatures
that G-d had created and the smartest one...The devil is a Greek concept and meant slanderer not the name of an entity...Man has been a slandered from the beginning...Adam slandered G-d and eve...

Old 06-24-2015, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Actually, I think that the interesting thing about the devil is that, rather than presenting straightforward lies, what he does most of the time is present a mixture of truth and lies. That makes the truth even harder to distinguish.
I think this comes from our own minds...

Old 06-24-2015, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
The Bible teaches that the Father is God. The Son is God, and the Spirit is God. They are all God...but there is ONLY one God.
Prove this beyond a shadow of a doubt...

Quote:
So, to answer the OP's question, a "non-Trinitarian Christian" is an oxymoron. In my opinion, one cannot be a Christian and not believe in the Triune God.
Show the triune god throughout the COT...And your opinion does is not the truth, especially in light of the fact that the early Christian church was definitely mono-theistic, did not believe in a triune god...

Old 06-24-2015, 06:21 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,387,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Those two quote mined verses have nothing to do with each other...The serpent was one of the four legged creatures
that G-d had created and the smartest one...The devil is a Greek concept and meant slanderer not the name of an entity...Man has been a slandered from the beginning...Adam slandered G-d and eve...
I should listen to you over God and His Son? Sorry I believe God and His Son. Try Job 1 and 2.

Old 06-24-2015, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster_H View Post
John 8:44, Genesis 3:4 "you certainly will not die" that was a lie wasn't it?
That lie was told by the serpent not Satan...

Old 06-24-2015, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
So who gave you the authority to determine which teachings are "basic" and which ones aren't? There is nowhere in the Bible that even remotely implies that a person has to believe in a three-in-one God in order to be a Christian. That's you talking, not the Bible. Just stop and think about it for a minute, Vizio. I am as firmly convinced that I am a Christian as you are that you are a Christian. How would you react if I figured I got to make the rules and tell you you weren't a Christian because you don't share all of my beliefs? And why on earth would I call myself a Christian if I didn't believe I was one? If I were to say, "I am not a Christian," I would by lying!
This is the problems that man made doctrines cause...Everybody thinks they're right...

Old 06-24-2015, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Hardly, since only the True God saves and denying that God is Triune is to believe in a false prophet \ false teacher.

God is Triune or Jesus is a liar and the NT is also.
Where'd he ever say G-d was triune?...You're making him a liar by stating that he said that....

Old 06-24-2015, 07:29 AM

Quote:
well trust me ... we know just how very little they hear the Jesus of the Bible vs. your version that puts conditions on them like " and strive to live as He told us to" ... which is why our teams later post in our blogs about the tears from some who never heard the true gospel message.
Propaganda blogs...You know nothing of the Mormon beliefs...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity