Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2015, 05:32 PM

33,262 posts, read 26,470,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
You cannot use the bible to prove a doctrine. This is perhaps why the OP has skepticism about the bible???
You certainly can use the Bible to prove a doctrine. Doctrine refers to teaching. That which is taught by Jesus and by the apostles of Jesus. Bible doctrine is what the Bible has to say about a given subject and takes into account all Biblical verses and passages concerning the subject in question. The OP stated that his concerns are with the tampering of the Bible over time and which is why I provided the videos in which Dr. Wallace, one of the leading New Testament scholars, addresses that issue.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2015, 05:37 PM

33,262 posts, read 26,470,212 times
Quote:
Has everything to do with the OP. He stated he was skeptical of the bible and I offered ideas as to how he might address that skepticism...
Your complaint in post #30 about how ''evangelical fundies APPLY and PRACTICE christian beliefs...'' has nothing to do with the OP's concerns about the Bible being tampered with. Now you will excuse me for I have better things to do then to continue with this thread. I suspect I've only wasted my time posting anything on this thread . . . and on this ridiculous forum anyway.

Old 06-21-2015, 05:44 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,173,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I agree!! And it's loaded with people thinking they are worshiping God when in fact they have been duped into swallowing a religion in which many pagan beliefs have been grafted.

To understand scripture, one must know the errors and additions (it's very difficult to adjudge subtractions), where concepts arose from and why. Scripture must be held accountable for culture and context in its day and age, not plopped down in the 21st century as if it is equally compatible with our culture.

If that were not so, there would not be 30,000 different denominations all with their own unique interpretations.

A man made concept, the priesthood of the believer, once reigned supreme among conservative christians. That concept states that each of us are able to see a different but not necessarily exclusionary vision of God, and that we could agree to disagree. With the rise of the cult of fundamentalism--in several religions--the idea that someone else could hold a different view of scripture and still be a brother or sister in Christ was lost from the Christian faith.

Barry Goldwater summed it up quite nicely (although he was looking at it from a political view) when he said--

The Berry Goldwater quote (Religious Right Watch)

From a religious point of view, Senator Goldwater is equally correct. Conservative religion became conservative politics and brought the heretofore unheard of concept of "no compromise" to both politics and religion.

Study some more, and find out what YOU really believe, not what some church pundit has told you to believe.

There's so many religions in the world because of lucifer. No one religion is correct. The body of Christ is everywhere. We are the ones who "repented" of Our sins and ask Jesus to forgive Us. We are the ones who Jesus sent His Father's Holy Spirit to come and change our Soul ("born again").

Old 06-21-2015, 05:50 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,409,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HushWhisper View Post
There's so many religions in the world because of lucifer. No one religion is correct. The body of Christ is everywhere. We are the ones who "repented" of Our sins and ask Jesus to forgive Us. We are the ones who Jesus sent His Father's Holy Spirit to come and change our Soul ("born again").
Actually one religion is true, Christianity. However there are a LOT of false denominations claiming to be Christian.False denominations, sects, etc YES. One true Religion, YES.

Old 06-21-2015, 05:51 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,235,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Your complaint in post #30 about how ''evangelical fundies APPLY and PRACTICE christian beliefs...'' has nothing to do with the OP's concerns about the Bible being tampered with. Now you will excuse me for I have better things to do then to continue with this thread. I suspect I've only wasted my time posting anything on this thread . . . and on this ridiculous forum anyway.
It is a HUGE reason why so many people are skeptical about the bible and the people who claim to believe it is the infallible word of god.

What could be better that proving the word of god?

Old 06-21-2015, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Actually one religion is true, Christianity. However there are a LOT of false denominations claiming to be Christian.False denominations, sects, etc YES. One true Religion, YES.
EVIDENCE? many others make the same claim and for the same reasons..this is only creating more skepticism for the OP when EFs make such ludicrous claims as being the only one religion. pass the kool-aide, please...

Old 06-21-2015, 05:57 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,265,083 times
Quote:
EVIDENCE? many others make the same claim and for the same reasons..this is only creating more skepticism for the OP when EFs make such ludicrous claims as being the only one religion. pass the kool-aide, please...
So funny to see the brainwashing tactics that religions use on it's followers.

Christianity is not special in any way shape or form. It is just one of about 1000 religions or more that has existed since the dawn of humanity…ALL of which claim DIVINE REVELATIONS. All of which claim perfection. All of which proclaim infinite knowledge, uniqueness etc.

Christianity is just a religion just like any other religion and makes the same claims as all the other religions.

Out of all of these religions they all make mutually inconsistent claims so they can all claim to be correct.

Old 06-21-2015, 06:04 PM

Christianity isn't a religion. It's a descriptive word describing what the people reflect of who they follow- JESUS.

Christian means "Christ Like" ~ nothing else.

Consider this.

If Wide is the path to destruction and the biggest religion has billions of members compared to all the lesser religions...

...think.

Old 06-21-2015, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HushWhisper View Post
Christianity isn't a religion. It's a descriptive word describing what the people reflect of who they follow- JESUS.

Christian means "Christ Like" ~ nothing else.

Consider this.

If Wide is the path to destruction and the biggest religion has billions of members compared to all the lesser religions...

...think.
It will be a great day indeed when the majority of those who profess to follow Jesus ACTUALLY start REFLECTING the TRUE nature of Christ, a great day indeed.

Old 06-21-2015, 06:23 PM

Quote:
It will be a great day indeed when the majority of those who profess to follow Jesus ACTUALLY start REFLECTING the TRUE nature of Christ, a great day indeed.
God said what goes into a mans heart, comes out his mouth.

Easy to see whats in a mans heart in a forum..just read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity