Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 07:00 PM

20,439 posts, read 12,777,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Peter said that Jesus shouldn't die. Jesus said Satan was in him. The post above is in line with Peter at that moment.

Matthew 16:21-23 - From that time Jesus began to show His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised up on the third day. 22 Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him, saying, "God forbid it, Lord! This shall never happen to You." 23 But He turned and said to Peter, "Get behind Me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to Me; for you are not setting your mind on God's interests, but man's."

Mikko - good comments...
Amen DRob!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2015, 10:04 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,804,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post
Can't you see that you hate the authority of God, and vital doctrines like fear of God is wisdom?

And what makes you act like that?

The Spirit or flesh?

Our dear brother Paulos has also write that flesh has not submit to God.

Do not walk according to your flesh, but submit your self to will of God.

No flesh can't inherit the life.
Fear.
Fear of the Lord?
Over the fear of a man.
Sacrifice a Heifer?
What is the value of an appointed time in the arrangement and growth of a season.

1 And the LORD said unto Samuel: 'How long wilt thou mourn for Saul, seeing I have rejected him from being king over Israel? fill thy horn with oil, and go, I will send thee to Jesse the Beth-lehemite; for I have provided Me a king among his sons.'

Now the spirit of the LORD had departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD terrified him.

Old 07-18-2015, 10:18 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,804,428 times
Blood Water and Oil.
Blood as to wine in to water.
The wine press to reveal the soul.
Then the cup to hold the Oil for Light.
8"Then I passed by you and saw you, and behold, you were at the time for love; so I spread My skirt over you and covered your nakedness. I also swore to you and entered into a covenant with you so that you became Mine," declares the Lord GOD. 9"Then I bathed you with water, washed off your blood from you and anointed you with oil. 10"I also clothed you with embroidered cloth and put sandals of porpoise skin on your feet; and I wrapped you with fine linen and covered you with silk.…

Old 07-19-2015, 10:52 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,385,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo
They've turned a sweet message of reconciliation that "God is not holding anyone's sins against them" so "don't fear", into the bitter message that they are under God's wrath so they should be very afraid.
Quote:
Can't you see that you hate the authority of God, and vital doctrines like fear of God is wisdom?
These 2 things ("authority of God" and "fear/being afraid") are diametrically opposed, Mikko, because God's authority is based on God's nature which, if you believe the bible, is love. And there is no fear [being afraid] in love.

Quote:
And what makes you act like that?

The Spirit or flesh?

Our dear brother Paulos has also write that flesh has not submit to God.

Do not walk according to your flesh, but submit your self to will of God.

No flesh can't inherit the life.

I know you appreciate meditating on bible passages. Here's one of those passages that speaks to me, Mikko. I hope it speaks to you...

...for God gave us a Spirit NOT OF FEAR but of power and love and self-control.

Like begets like, Mikko, therefore fear can only beget fear. But fear is NOT the fruit of God's Spirit.

Old 07-19-2015, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Amen. Say "Whoa!" to people who insist that a GOOD God is capable of the evil of condemning people to an eternity of torment, or that a GOOD God couldn't forgive people without the evil of a bloody sacrifice and who insist people must accept such a notion in order to escape God's wrath and eternal torment. They call these evil doctrines "good news" and bring woe upon everyone who believes them.

They've turned a sweet message of reconciliation that "God is not holding anyone's sins against them" so "don't fear", into the bitter message that they are under God's wrath so they should be very afraid.

So much darkness they bring into the world, and yet they call it light.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Peter said that Jesus shouldn't die. Jesus said Satan was in him. The post above is in line with Peter at that moment.

Matthew 16:21-23 - From that time Jesus began to show His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised up on the third day. 22 Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him, saying, "God forbid it, Lord! This shall never happen to You." 23 But He turned and said to Peter, "Get behind Me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to Me; for you are not setting your mind on God's interests, but man's."

Mikko - good comments...
I would venture to say, DRob, that the reason it seems like that to you (and Jimmie) is because you can't imagine any reason why Jesus might have died other than as a blood sacrifice to appease the wrath of God.

Old 07-19-2015, 02:06 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,487,769 times
Quote:
I would venture to say, DRob, that the reason it seems like that to you (and Jimmie) is because you can't imagine any reason why Jesus might have died other than as a blood sacrifice to appease the wrath of God.
The reason is because they believe the truth Hebrews 9:22 whereas you and many others here have openly rejected it.

Yet you and the rest who reject it somehow think that you're going to prance your way into eternal life wearing your own clothes of alternatives in having belief other than the only acceptable reconciliation by God despite Jesus saying John 3:36.

Belief found in the heart and confessed in Jesus as the sin substitute (which the OT sacrifices pointed to and what the NT is about) is the only way God's plan & will for peace and love is deferred upon the individual.

Last edited by twin.spin; 07-19-2015 at 03:02 PM..

Old 07-19-2015, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
The reason is because they believe the truth Hebrews 9:22 whereas you and many others here have openly rejected it.

Yet you and the rest who reject it somehow think that you're going to prance your way into eternal life wearing your own clothes of alternatives in having belief other than the only acceptable reconciliation by God despite Jesus saying John 3:36.

Belief found in the heart and confessed in Jesus as the sin substitute (which the OT sacrifices pointed to and what the NT is about) is the only way God's plan & will for peace and love is deferred upon the individual.
Don't worry, Twin. I'm fully aware that you, too, are on the list of people who can't imagine any reason that Jesus died other than as a blood sacrifice to appease the wrath of God.

Old 07-19-2015, 03:44 PM

20,439 posts, read 12,777,841 times
Quote:
Don't worry, Twin. I'm fully aware that you, too, are on the list of people who can't imagine any reason that Jesus died other than as a blood sacrifice to appease the wrath of God.
You purposely misrepresent our beliefs. While what you say about Jesus' sacrifice is true, it was prompted by love. See John 3:16.

Old 07-19-2015, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You purposely misrepresent our beliefs. While what you say about Jesus' sacrifice is true, it was prompted by love. See John 3:16.

What I say about your beliefs is true... then I'm not misrepresenting it.

And you saying a blood sacrifice to appease the wrath of God could be prompted by love doesn't make it so. Love, according to your bible, does not keep a record of wrongs, therefore no blood sacrifice would have been necessary for a God who is love.

Old 07-19-2015, 04:35 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
So much darkness they bring into the world, and yet they call it light.
Quote:
Can't you see that you hate the authority of God, and vital doctrines like fear of God is wisdom?<snip>
Quote:
These 2 things ("authority of God" and "fear/being afraid") are diametrically opposed, Mikko, because God's authority is based on God's nature which, if you believe the bible, is love. And there is no fear [being afraid] in love.
I know you appreciate meditating on bible passages. Here's one of those passages that speaks to me, Mikko. I hope it speaks to you...
...for God gave us a Spirit NOT OF FEAR but of power and love and self-control.

Like begets like, Mikko, therefore fear can only beget fear. But fear is NOT the fruit of God's Spirit.
Amen, Pleroo! As the beginning of wisdom, fear of God was the schoolmaster that taught our savage ancestors self-control of their inner urges. Christ came to show us how to use that self-control out of love of God and each other. He removed the fear of God and death and concern about sin and replaced it with agape love. Our ignorant ancestors were too carnal to understand it and corrupted Christ's message of reconciliation and love with appeasement of God by blood sacrifice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity