Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2015, 11:06 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: God, I thank you that I am not like other people--robbers, evildoers, adulterers--or even like this tax collector.
Yes, that's what they sound like when they talk about those evil fundamentalists.

The attackers sound EXACTLY like that Pharisee.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 08-02-2015 at 11:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2015, 11:19 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, that's what they sound like when they talk about those evil fundamentalists.
And don't forget those who condemn homosexuals.

Old 08-02-2015, 11:42 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
What part of that parable do you not understand that it was the fundamentalist that left the temple no more justified than when he entered it ?.

The root problem with you fundamentalists is you enter the temple hoping God will hear you petition while holding those you do not approve of in condemnation.

Old 08-03-2015, 11:42 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Biblical none the less. Jesus did not follow the rules. Jesus was a radical.

You call it mocking. I prefer teachable moment. I call it hitting a nerve of truth. I call it... Christianity at it's best.
Jesus didn't mock people in the context and style that is being done here. I am mocked because you can't stand my opinions and need to feel superior. Plus Jesus comments might have been harse, but truth. Telling me that I am absolutely a homosexual is a ridiculous untruth.

If you want to teach people, berating them isn't a good method to get them to take you seriously.

Old 08-03-2015, 11:46 AM

Quote:

That's the great irony. They keep claiming that we are like Pharisees when their own behavior here is quite Pharisee like! Wadendresden even had the audacity to claim that I am not a Christian as if he has the ability to see my heart or know my life experiences.

Old 08-03-2015, 12:10 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
That's the great irony. They keep claiming that we are like Pharisees when their own behavior here is quite Pharisee like! Wadendresden even had the audacity to claim that I am not a Christian as if he has the ability to see my heart or know my life experiences.
Quite possibly fundies are learning? But, the real difference is where LOVE is practiced?

Can love be practiced via discrimination and oppression, or can love best be lived with the concept of forgiveness and acceptance?

Old 08-03-2015, 12:12 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Jesus didn't mock people in the context and style that is being done here. I am mocked because you can't stand my opinions and need to feel superior. Plus Jesus comments might have been harse, but truth. Telling me that I am absolutely a homosexual is a ridiculous untruth.

If you want to teach people, berating them isn't a good method to get them to take you seriously.
Opinions or insane interpretation of the scriptures and insistence that ONLY you are right?

Old 08-03-2015, 12:59 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
I know. I was judged in similar fashion yesterday by one member of that gang. It was actually twice, but two separate members. Personal attacks and smear are their old and trusted friends.

Old 08-03-2015, 01:18 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:

Can you give an example of these attacks........ when i say example i do not mean your opinion of another forum members post but a direct quote from them where it is evident they are attacking you or someone else who supports your beliefs............ because it getting rather tedious you saying that you are attacked because another poster does not accept your version of christianity.

You also have the option of ignoring them or reporting them

Have a nice open minded day

Last edited by pcamps; 08-03-2015 at 01:44 PM..

Old 08-03-2015, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Opinions or insane interpretation of the scriptures and insistence that ONLY you are right?
When the Bible says it is an abomination and unnatural to have same sex relations, that is a pretty clear interpretation to me. Not an insane one. An insane one would be trying to say the passage is only talking about temple prostitutes or that David and Johnathan were lovers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity