Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2015, 04:36 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Jeff, your side is claiming existence of these incredible entities.
And your side is free to not believe it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2015, 06:34 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,322,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Then stop claiming AS FACT that Satan or God is just imaginary. If that's your opinion, that's fine, but I get really annoyed when it is presented as proven fact. And then you tell me you can't prove a negative.
When have I claimed that God or Satan are imaginary? I do not recall ever stating such a clsim. This time please either supply evidence or retract your clsim. I am getting a bit tired of your claims you make with no evidence to support those claims. Give even one instance where I have claimed that there is no God and that is a proven fact. To be totally honest I do not even believe that no god is a proven fact so why would I even say that.

I do not believe in any gods or demons but I also make a deliberate effort not to name call your god or to say it is only imaginary. To me yours is as real as those other gods so if by saying that and you think that means I am calling yours imaginary the actual meaning is that it must be you putting down the belief in any god but yours. I give them all the same respect which is totally different from giving yours no respect.

Find one instance that I made that claim, retract your claim or do as you often do, if you cannot back it up remain silent on the subject and follow up with another false claim. I get really annoyed when you make false claims about me. Everyone knows you can't prove a negative so whoever requires such a claim is not taken seriously.

Old 08-05-2015, 06:52 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,732,547 times
Quote:
Jeff, your side is claiming existence of these incredible entities.

Your side needs to show they are real. My side equates their reality with Dumbledorf and Rapunzel.
I cant' show that they are real to someone who has a biased interest for them to not be real. It's the same problem with the James Randi challenge. It's in his interest to not accept evidence and pay the money because then he becomes irrelevant and forgotten if he did that.

Old 08-05-2015, 06:58 AM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
Quote:
I cant' show that they are real to someone who has a biased interest for them to not be real. It's the same problem with the James Randi challenge. It's in his interest to not accept evidence and pay the money because then he becomes irrelevant and forgotten if he did that.
Let me guess, you have 100 proofs for the existence of demonic beings, but you can't give those proofs to us because we are biased.

Old 08-05-2015, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Let me guess, you have 100 proofs for the existence of demonic beings, but you can't give those proofs to us because we are biased.
Naw but they are part of my 100 proofs that God exists.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:56 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,322,927 times
Quote:
Then stop claiming AS FACT that Satan or God is just imaginary. If that's your opinion, that's fine, but I get really annoyed when it is presented as proven fact. And then you tell me you can't prove a negative.

Jeff

I am still waiting for any proof that I stated that Satan or God are just imaginary. And you will find zero proof that I claimed there was no God is a proven fact. It is in fact an unproveable claim that there is no God.

In fact about the only time I even talked about Satan was a post that asked about the where abouts of modern day Satan and I said he played for the Oilers.

Miroslav Satan Edmonton Oilers - 2014-2015 Stats - Edmonton Oilers - Team

Not even imaginary but a real life Satan but he pronuounced it Gitan

Still waiting proof, still waiting proof to back your claim.

Old 08-05-2015, 10:18 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,919,895 times
Quote:
But YOU were the one who said you had a hundred proofs, and then would not even sure one.

Remember, if you're using the Bible as a basis of your proof, it becomes a circular argument. You would need to go to an outside source that is verifiable and independent, and you nor any of the other fundamentalist apologists are able to do that.

And by the way, it was not badlander who said you believe in imaginary entities, it was me.

Until those imaginary entities are shown to be real, that will continue to be my position. As I stated before, extraordinary claims require extraordinary proved. I take the same position on the existence of gods, demons, angels and other supernatural entities, as I do on fairies, leprechauns, or trolls that live under a bridge.

Old 08-05-2015, 11:32 AM

Quote:
But YOU were the one who said you had a hundred proofs, and then would not even sure one.

Remember, if you're using the Bible as a basis of your proof, it becomes a circular argument. You would need to go to an outside source that is verifiable and independent, and you nor any of the other fundamentalist apologists are able to do that.

And by the way, it was not badlander who said you believe in imaginary entities, it was me.

Until those imaginary entities are shown to be real, that will continue to be my position. As I stated before, extraordinary claims require extraordinary proved. I take the same position on the existence of gods, demons, angels and other supernatural entities, as I do on fairies, leprechauns, or trolls that live under a bridge.
Translation - I'll just automatically reject any evidence you present and say it wasn't "extraordinary" enough.

Old 08-05-2015, 11:41 AM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
Quote:
Translation - I'll just automatically reject any evidence you present and say it wasn't "extraordinary" enough.
You do the same thing when it comes to every supernatural entity other than the Christian God.

For example, you reject "evidence" for the existence of Allah and the truth of Islam.

Your double standard is obvious to everyone but yourself.

Old 08-05-2015, 11:45 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
Quote:
AH, but many others will READ and CONSIDER and actually ANALYZE what we say..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity