Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2015, 03:17 AM

50,089 posts, read 20,798,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Have all possible solutions been tried with her? No, and again, it's not about one person, or one shot at trying to resolve the general issue. Nothing has been tried to resolve the general issue. This is why I suggested that Congress should review the issue.
Last I heard a solution had been found - she should let her staff issue licenses and just stop trying to prevent them doing it.

That's a compromise and it was apparently reached. It took a few spells in jail before she seems to have accepted it. The rejection of the compromise was all on her side.

As I say, the circus seems to be going on with reports about being given a pat on the back by the Pope for her stand against gay marriage. That now seems to be false and I am suspecting that from Kim's point of view the matter is now settled, but Somebody seems to want to keep the affair going.

And you know what...I may be over -suspicious, but I am reminded of a remark (on Atheist experience, not denied) that these high profile campaigns with Court cases to fight are great ways to collect millions in donations.

We'll see whether that's what is going on. If it is, I'm beginning to feel sorry for her. She has been used by someone who didn't care if she spent time in jail so long as the money kept rolling in.

P.s I had a quick look. There are a lot of appeals for donation to the Free Kim David fund. She is now 'free' but the appeals seem to be going on. NOM (with links to the Knights of columbus and the Mormon church) doesn't seem to be short of a bob or two, but still seems in need of even more.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 10-03-2015 at 03:32 AM..

Old 10-03-2015, 03:42 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,273,256 times
Quote:
Have all possible solutions been tried with her? No, and again, it's not about one person, or one shot at trying to resolve the general issue. Nothing has been tried to resolve the general issue. This is why I suggested that Congress should review the issue.
Congress is NOT an arbiter nor is it part of the JUDICIAL branch. You have that confused with the SUPREME COURT. SCOTUS has already reviewed the issue and thus RESOLVED the issue--it is called ENFORCING the 14th amendment and acknowledging EQUALITY is indeed the LAW of the land.

One cannot LEGISLATE CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS!!

Old 10-03-2015, 04:42 AM

50,089 posts, read 20,798,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Congress is NOT an arbiter nor is it part of the JUDICIAL branch. You have that confused with the SUPREME COURT. SCOTUS has already reviewed the issue and thus RESOLVED the issue--it is called ENFORCING the 14th amendment and acknowledging EQUALITY is indeed the LAW of the land.

One cannot LEGISLATE CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS!!
I don't know whether Finn realizes it, but what he is arguing for is rewriting the Constitution to make the USA a Christian theocracy.

Old 10-03-2015, 05:30 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,619,291 times
at least this events shows how stupid this thinking is.

Old 10-03-2015, 09:54 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,736,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Amen! The lack of love and egregious amount of hate that seems to motivate these horrid people makes me ashamed to profess to follow Christ. But I refuse to abandon the label Christian to these bigots and hateful false followers. The Christ of love needs to be defended now more than ever before with these horrid people defaming the name of Christian.
Resentment and hatred drips from every word.

Why?

The pope said what he said, you don't have to spit venom on people who want to discuss it.

The Vatican fired a gay priest today.

Old 10-03-2015, 09:58 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,240,559 times
Quote:
Resentment drips from every word. Why so hateful?

The pope said what he said, you don't have to spit venom on people who want to discuss it.
Translation: I'm declaring you hateful and I want you to be shamed and feel bad about yourself.

Editorial comment: Yeah. Like being shamed by a fundamentalist is going to upset the non-fundamentalists.

Free advice: The fundamentalists need to shame each other.

Old 10-03-2015, 09:59 AM

10,119 posts, read 6,473,828 times
"The Vatican fired a gay priest today" You must be dancing in the streets!

Old 10-03-2015, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
"The Vatican fired a gay priest today" You must be dancing in the streets!
Why would I? I am simply stating what happened yesterday, as it relates to the topic.

Old 10-03-2015, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Translation: I'm declaring you hateful and I want you to be shamed and feel bad about yourself.
No, I was simply stating a fact. However, your statement reveals why you accuse people of hatred unless they agree with the gay agenda.

What Mystic says was extremely resentful and anyone can see it from the words on his post. There is no denying it. It is ironic to see such un-loving posts repeatedly from someone who preaches "love your neighbor".

Old 10-03-2015, 10:15 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,273,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I don't know whether Finn realizes it, but what he is arguing for is rewriting the Constitution to make the USA a Christian theocracy.
I said in a previous post to the finnie, it is called CHRISTIAN SHARIA LAW...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.