Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2016, 07:12 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,380,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
No thanks for the link. I'll listen to God's Word ... it is the standard.
As God, Jesus said it in the OT .... Genesis 2:24

Jesus said it in the NT ... Matthew 19:5, Mark 10:7

God inspired the same standard in ... Ephesians 5:31
Ugh! ..Come on Twin! That's lame and you know it. The link is all about using scripture to discuss it this topic. If you are unwilling to challenge yourself in scripture you will not become any wiser with it and no better at debate on this forum..Meh, suit yourself ...

Old 03-23-2016, 07:27 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
I understand what you were clarifying about and I was saying that from previous posts Drob4JC is not advocating that same sex is not a sin nor not wrong, rather the approach taken by him is done in a gentler tone.
OK, thanks for clarifying.

Quote:
As far as those verses, "all scripture is God breathed" thus Paul didn't originate them.
I am one of the people who doesn't believe that to be true, hence our difference of opinion.

Old 03-23-2016, 07:32 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I picture Suellen O'Hara.
"I can't let this go. I can't. There must be some way to bring her back. Oh, I can't think about this now! I'll go crazy if I do! I'll think about it tomorrow. But I must think about it. I must think about it. What is there to do? What is there that matters? Tara! Home. I'll go home. And I'll think of some way to get her back. After all... tomorrow is another day!"

Old 03-23-2016, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
First of all, you cannot just assume they are all unbelievers because many of them have been Christians their whole lives and actively persue a relationship with Jesus. If you think they are not genuine Christians because they are gay and occasionally 'act on it' with their partner, that should raise pharisiacal red flags even in your own mind given the less judgmental tone of you're responses. Secondly, my point is there are too many potentially loving aspects of this as well questionable roots of its initial condemnation and even a few strangely supportive aspects of how God created the world (evidence within nature, varying creativity of inbetween genders, and scientific studies) to questionably call this sin... Anyways, I'm out of time for evening. Talk at you later.
I'm one of those, though I never knew Christ on a deep a level as i do now until I came out.

Thank you, for your compassion and empathy. Thank you for being here.

Old 03-23-2016, 08:34 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
"i can't let this go. I can't. There must be some way to bring her back. Oh, i can't think about this now! I'll go crazy if i do! I'll think about it tomorrow. But i must think about it. I must think about it. What is there to do? What is there that matters? Tara! Home. I'll go home. And i'll think of some way to get her back. After all... Tomorrow is another day!"
:d

(What happened to the smiley face with teeth? A colon with a small "d" do not have the same panache.)

Old 03-23-2016, 09:41 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
didn't work

Old 03-23-2016, 10:05 PM

Quote:

(What happened to the smiley face with teeth? A colon with a small "d" do not have the same panache.)

He's the green one. Fifth row down in the middle in the smilies box.

Old 03-23-2016, 10:25 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Win with love... truth is also part of the equation.

Just note... I have never thrown you under bus regardless of how much you disagree because for some reason I think you are a believer - which means you are a family member, albeit a compromised family member. Yet - you continue to throw me under the bus. Love says to continue to be thrown under the bus from time to time - so that's what I am doing. Peace.
I have no idea how you feel you are thrown under the bus---when what I speak is part of the "truth" equation that you value more than Jesus' love equation.

John 8:31b-32:
Quote:
Jesus said, "If you hold to my TEACHING, you are really my disciples. THEN you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
I'm curious as to how any truth you've posted with regard to the topic has set anyone free? Even the OP, in his several posts before disappearing, I could tell was struggling within himself. He wasn't free--because your "faith" had imprisoned him.

Your approach is the approach of a Pharisee. You may be a Nicodemus whom Jesus was kind enough to speak to, but when He did, He addressed Nicodemus as "You people----"

I have testified to having known a fine preacher and gospel musician who was a homosexual, closeted in the seventies, but my other college friends and I were sure he was. He died of Aids as the pastor of a Baptist church in Indiana. He could preach and play the most heavenly gospel music on the piano. He was a wonderful Christian man haunted by the demons that were beginning to appear in the Southern Baptist Denomination in which he had been raised and ordained.

Quote:
Are you the teacher of Israel and yet you don’t understand these things? I tell you the solemn truth, we speak about what we know and testify about what we have seen, but you people do not accept our testimony.
John 3:10-11

Old 03-23-2016, 10:56 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
He's the green one. Fifth row down in the middle in the smilies box.
If you don't precede it with typed words or one of the typed smilies like the It malfunctions.

Old 03-24-2016, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
If you don't precede it with typed words or one of the typed smilies like the It malfunctions.

That's odd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity