Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2016, 02:53 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Lol, I certainly don't see love, kindness and peace emanating from your side of the fence.
Ping....ping.....

So.... did you call your buddies yet and invite them to take in a ballgame? No one will think you're gay for inviting the guys out for a night. Trust me on that.

p.s. You are the only person I can think of who thinks it's an "insult" when I urge someone to use their brain and think about something.I know you're anti-library and anti-education.... but urging someone to think about something (instead of just handing them the answers) is an insult? Really? Yikes. That's kind of scary, Jeff.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 03-30-2016 at 03:09 PM..

Old 03-30-2016, 02:58 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
The cult power is strong in this one...
Fruit of the Spirit does not seem to be.

Old 03-30-2016, 03:07 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Lol, I certainly don't see love, kindness and peace emanating from your side of the fence.
Now now, we do not want anyone to feel neglected or ignored...
Attached Thumbnails
Gay christians: Why i can’t affirm or condemn them-kiss-emoticons-gif.gif  

Old 03-30-2016, 05:58 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Think hard......

BTW: Every time I read your "peace" sign-off I picture Timothy Leary, another guy who thought he had all the answers, with a glazed look in his eyes saying "Peace, dope, love!" Just when I think the 60's are dead..... someone pops up on the internet to remind me they never really went away.
Too bad for your comparison since I've never done drugs. Nice try. And there's a spiritual reason why I say it. PEACE

Old 03-30-2016, 06:22 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,712,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Too bad for your comparison since I've never done drugs. Nice try. And there's a spiritual reason why I say it. PEACE
You may have a "spiritual" reason, but so did the Phariseex to whom you look up---and their chief, Paul, whom you worship.

"Despite his education and eloquence, which come through so clearly in his extensive writings (more prolific than any other Bible writer and fully one third of the New Testament), Paul manages to completely contradict and undermine the teachings he claims to have become converted to and becomes more a renegade than an “apostle.”

Why is it that Paul’s many letters (epistles) so consistently and repeatedly contradict and undermine the teachings attributed to Jesus? Perhaps this admitted persecutor of Christians found a more effective way to subvert the followers of Jesus. Perhaps he infiltrated their ranks and taught a doctrine that opposed Jesus, replacing Jesus’ selfless teaching of universal compassionate action with a selfish teaching of desire to gain a “free gift” of salvation based only on faith and completely devoid of any behavioral requirement or obedience to law, thus distracting us from the selfless teachings of Jesus.

It is impossible for us to look into the mind of a man long dead and determine his motives conclusively. Was he a sincere and loyal convert who simply misunderstood the teachings of his new master, or did he have a more sinister intent to subert and undermine the teachings of him who he claimed to be the messianic savior? We’ll never know. What we can say with certainty, however, is that after examining the legacy of writing he left — more than any other writer in the Bible — that for whatever reason, intentional or a great historical misunderstanding, the message he left opposed and undermined that of the titular messiah (Jesus the “Christ”) to whom he claimed obeisance. The evidence becomes apparent when we compare the words of Paul side by side with those attributed to Jesus (who left no writings of his own) and to the other followers closest to Jesus, such as his brother James."
(Danizier, Wordpress.com, Paul vs. Jesus [and James])

Read Danizier's blog on Wordpress. He has been challenged by numerous Paul worshipers (who wish to equate the words of Paul to Jesus), but he remains champion of Jesus and James.

The only way one fails to see the differences is to do what you have already shown a penchant for doing-- creating a non-biblical "reason" why the two aren't in conflict---and then giving your creative fiction the same authority you give to Scripture.

Old 03-30-2016, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
You may have a "spiritual" reason, but so did the Phariseex to whom you look up---and their chief, Paul, whom you worship.

"Despite his education and eloquence, which come through so clearly in his extensive writings (more prolific than any other Bible writer and fully one third of the New Testament), Paul manages to completely contradict and undermine the teachings he claims to have become converted to and becomes more a renegade than an “apostle.”

Why is it that Paul’s many letters (epistles) so consistently and repeatedly contradict and undermine the teachings attributed to Jesus? Perhaps this admitted persecutor of Christians found a more effective way to subvert the followers of Jesus. Perhaps he infiltrated their ranks and taught a doctrine that opposed Jesus, replacing Jesus’ selfless teaching of universal compassionate action with a selfish teaching of desire to gain a “free gift” of salvation based only on faith and completely devoid of any behavioral requirement or obedience to law, thus distracting us from the selfless teachings of Jesus.

It is impossible for us to look into the mind of a man long dead and determine his motives conclusively. Was he a sincere and loyal convert who simply misunderstood the teachings of his new master, or did he have a more sinister intent to subert and undermine the teachings of him who he claimed to be the messianic savior? We’ll never know. What we can say with certainty, however, is that after examining the legacy of writing he left — more than any other writer in the Bible — that for whatever reason, intentional or a great historical misunderstanding, the message he left opposed and undermined that of the titular messiah (Jesus the “Christ”) to whom he claimed obeisance. The evidence becomes apparent when we compare the words of Paul side by side with those attributed to Jesus (who left no writings of his own) and to the other followers closest to Jesus, such as his brother James."
(Danizier, Wordpress.com, Paul vs. Jesus [and James])

Read Danizier's blog on Wordpress. He has been challenged by numerous Paul worshipers (who wish to equate the words of Paul to Jesus), but he remains champion of Jesus and James.

The only way one fails to see the differences is to do what you have already shown a penchant for doing-- creating a non-biblical "reason" why the two aren't in conflict---and then giving your creative fiction the same authority you give to Scripture.

Paul, who I WORSHIP? You are daft. I no more worship him than the spurious nonsense from the writers you come up with. And you continue to do what you do.....find like-minded carnally minded men who have rejected scripture to serve their own pet doctrines, instead of humbling yourself to receive and be taught of His Spirit, from which there is NO CONTRADICTION in revelation of spiritual principles that are found in ALL THE BOOKS, including the writings of Paul.

You're so worried about the minds of men in Christendom that deceived you and think you have safeguarded yourself from further deception, but have you not figured out yet that there is NO TRUTH except in His Spirit? So keep on dragging more like-minded carnal minds to yourself, it's not going to save you from it, either. It's like going to a different den of foxes to get them to save your chickens from becoming dinner. It's the NATURE of the thing, or do think Herod was the only fox He was referring to that wants to kill the Christ child?

Are you so stubborn and idolatrous that you can't reason this out? Think for a moment. If a principle is all the way through the book, every single chapter, it's as the bones. How those bones are "fleshed out" varies with the individual who wrote it under the inspiration of the Spirit. Plain and simple, He used the foolish things to confound the wise, those that are wise in their own conceits and think themselves superior to the mind of the Spirit. What gall! What audacity!

He hid things from men precisely like the way you are approaching Him, or the lack thereof, who would reject wisdom and mock her. You defile your own soul and don't even know it, so why would He trust you with the true riches? Peace

Last edited by Rbbi1; 03-30-2016 at 07:37 PM..

Old 03-30-2016, 06:54 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Ignoring the fact I never said you used drugs....Timothy Leary also had a spiritual reason for saying, "Peace, dope, love".

It's my humble opinion that people are too dang predictable and boring when it comes to spirituality. I shall endeavor to change that. Beansprouts.

Old 03-30-2016, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Ignoring the fact I never said you used drugs....Timothy Leary also had a spiritual reason for saying, "Peace, dope, love".

It's my humble opinion that people are too dang predictable and boring when it comes to spirituality. I shall endeavor to change that. Beansprouts.
LOL...at least you've got a sense of humor. Beansprouts to you, too.....

Old 03-30-2016, 07:55 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,712,852 times
Quote:
Paul, who I WORSHIP? You are daft. I no more worship him than the spurious nonsense from the writers you come up with. And you continue to do what you do.....find like-minded carnally minded men who have rejected scripture to serve their own pet doctrines, instead of humbling yourself to receive and be taught of His Spirit, from which there is NO CONTRADICTION in revelation of spiritual principles that are found in ALL THE BOOKS, including the writings of Paul.

You're so worried about the minds of men in Christendom that deceived you and think you have safeguarded yourself from further deception, but have you not figured out yet that there is NO TRUTH except in His Spirit? So keep on dragging more like-minded carnal minds to yourself, it's not going to save you from it, either. It's like going to a different den of foxes to get them to save your chickens from becoming dinner. It's the NATURE of the thing, or do think Herod was the only fox He was referring to that wants to kill the Christ child?

Are you so stubborn and idolatrous that you can't reason this out? Think for a moment. If a principle is all the way through the book, every single chapter, it's as the bones. How those bones are "fleshed out" varies with the individual who wrote it under the inspiration of the Spirit. Plain and simple, He used the foolish things to confound the wise, those that are wise in their own conceits and think themselves superior to the mind of the Spirit. What gall! What audacity!

He hid things from men precisely like the way you are approaching Him, or the lack thereof, who would reject wisdom and mock her. You defile your own soul and don't even know it, so why would He trust you with the true riches? Peace
Jesus didn't hide from Pharisees whom you adore. He said straight to their faces that they were vipers. Why should I run from one who thinks like a Pharisee and praises Paul as the Chief of Pharisees?

Like Jesus, I call them vipers.

You speak much about the "spirit." Not sure what spirit you mean, Pharasaical or Fundamentalist, but neither of those reveal the spirit of love displayed by Jesus. I accept Scripture as a witness toward God. But there are nor were there ever, any perfect witnesses. If you equate Scripture as Jesus, then you are but a modern day isolator.

Old 03-30-2016, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Jesus didn't hide from Pharisees whom you adore. He said straight to their faces that they were vipers. Why should I run from one who thinks like a Pharisee and praises Paul as the Chief of Pharisees?

Like Jesus, I call them vipers.

You speak much about the "spirit." Not sure what spirit you mean, Pharasaical or Fundamentalist, but neither of those reveal the spirit of love displayed by Jesus. I accept Scripture as a witness toward God. But there are nor were there ever, any perfect witnesses. If you equate Scripture as Jesus, then you are but a modern day isolator.
And who ever said you should run? I don't care what you call me, you're not my Master for one, and for another, even a man who walks in the flesh and not the spirit should know it takes friction to produce new life. Was it good for you? Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity