Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2016, 03:21 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
So twin.spin, how do you check the validity of YOUR interpretations that I consider perversions of Biblical teaching?
He doesn't. He THINKS the Bible is God because he insists that the Bible is absolute truth. We all know that ONLY God is absolute truth. He is a very confused man, nate. He uses nothing to TEST the Spirit of anything in the Bible. You and I use the Spirit of agape love (Who IS God) and who abides with us as the Comforter sent in Christ's name to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts."
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
How do YOU resolve contradictory verses? I use the Spirit of agape love (Who IS God) to reconcile them If the verse contradicts the Spirit of agape love, it is born of human ignorance, superstition, vengeance, vanity or hubris. YMMV.

Old 03-29-2016, 03:22 PM

1,506 posts, read 1,379,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
I wouldn't try to out scripture or out understand warden. The only thing worth trying to out warden in is weighing and testing of spirit. How warden can be juxtaposed to Rbbi1 is beyond me, ...unless it comes down to the reductionism associated with everything boils down to agape love tripe that he and his congregants come out with every now and again.
No person or denomination has a monopoly on the Holy Spirit. Asking God and us thinking He has given us an answer has never been the most consistant method on determining ultimate right or wrong no matter how intune with the spirit we think we are....I mean heck, the Christians on this forum seem to be split right down the middle on claims of God giving us two different answers from eachother! ..not to mention the fact that we have probably more denominations in Christianity than people in the capital of Delaware (Dover).

While I probably don't take it nearly as far as the people on the far left here, agape love is not a bad standard to go by on questionable issues like this just like many modern issues that were not even possible to address in the bible because of vastly different technology...Ipods are musical gluttony!!!...jk Here we have a bunch of consenting adults that make 2% to 10% of the world population who were most likely born this way based on available evidence from science and nature told by us that they must deny their natural urges towards their partner they love and be celibate their entire lives...all because many of us think a few verses written in the context of grotesque worship practices of other gods and rape...If it was really just about the type of actions they are doing to eachother, we'd have Pastors everywhere raising hell about heterosexual couples doing the same things things to eachother...but such is not the case. Even if they did view it unfavorably back then, we're talking about a group of cultures where fertility was everything and essential to survival for tribes...now we're grossly overpopulated and we are not organized in tribes...anyways, pretending that modern homosexuality is anything like what was condemned back then is simply unrealistic based on what we currently know.

Old 03-29-2016, 03:24 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
This has been proven by--
Attached Thumbnails
Gay christians: Why i can’t affirm or condemn them-bible_399_years_late.jpg  

Old 03-29-2016, 03:38 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
This has been proven by--
So, the Catholic Church picked 27 books & letters from 300+ and made the NT. That does not necessarily invalidate those 27 books & letters. In addition, we already had the OT, which Jesus and the Apostles used to explain Jesus' ministry.

Old 03-29-2016, 03:40 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
So, the Catholic Church picked 27 books & letters from 300+ and made the NT. That does not necessarily invalidate those 27 books & letters. In addition, we already had the OT, which Jesus and the Apostles used to explain Jesus' ministry.
Does make them suspect..and since when did evangelicals EMBRACE RCC theology?

Old 03-29-2016, 03:56 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They are not looking for hospitality, they are demanding that you declare homosexuality is not sinful. Until you do that, you will be accused of hatred, bigotry, inhospitality and for being an ignorant and bad Christian. Differing views will not be tolerated, and the insults will not end until you do what they demand.

Remember 1 Peter 4:14 If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you.

Ironically the definition of a bigot is this: a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

Well, it's not going to happen in this life or the next, and not because I have anything against them whatsoever. The funny thing is I have close friends, yes close friends, who are, and they STILL come to my bible studies, have been in my home numerous times, and I in theirs; we've even gone on trips together with several others to Canada, several States, ect. They would be amused if they knew that I was being castigated for being a bigot, over this.

What I refuse to do (and they respect me for it) is lie to them about what the Word says IN IT'S ORIGINAL LANGUAGE, about ANYTHING in there, including that. I don't judge them for it anymore than I judge anyone else for anything else, because I know full well the spiritual principle of that same thing being in the heart of the priesthood, until such a time that He removes the roots and cleanses the bloodline of Adam, which is why ALL SIN IS COMMON to man. That's the thing about His principles: they are terribly freeing because you can see the big picture, and not just a corner of one page.

I've even embraced child molesters at my bible study, who openly admitted they had, and shown no partiality against them, either. But see, this is not me, but a fruit of the outworking of Who is in me, because the old me, hated child molesters worse than a cat hates water. Because all sin is common to man from the fall, to judge them is to judge ourselves automatically. I'm actually having to walk this out right now, with a member of my own family. If I hadn't had Him make life in me the things that He has, there is no way I could walk it out without stumbling. None.

Ironically, I'm a lot less popular with the heterosexual fundamentalists they claim on here I am one of, because I ONLY share His principles, which a rational, unbiased man can see are for ALL HUMANITY to profit from, and that tends to make me a black sheep among them, as flesh doesn't like to be called out for what it is particularly if it's standing on a pulpit, in my experience.

He didn't literally spare my life a half a dozen times or so, so I could betray Him and what He has taught me, and I flat out refuse, I don't care where the chips fall. The first commandment is to love HIM, and if you don't get it right, it doesn't matter if you fulfill the second one, you've broken them both. And this priest by the grace and mercy of the Spirit of G-d is not going to have either stone be broken and be disqualified from the priesthood I've been called to. He said He would that they were ALL priests, a nation of priests, and He will have eventually what He wants. Peace

Old 03-29-2016, 04:08 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post

I've even embraced child molesters at my bible study, who openly admitted they had, and shown no partiality against them, either.
Do you leave them alone with kids? Or, while you are "embracing" people who have hurt innocent children, is there a limit to your self-proclaimed non-partiality?

Old 03-29-2016, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Do you leave them alone with kids? Or, while you are "embracing" people who have hurt innocent children, is there a limit to your self-proclaimed non-partiality?

That would depend on the individual and the level of deliverance and spiritual growth they have experienced. Christ is supposed to be being formed in us, and where He is ruling in a temple, that is not. There again, 90% of the body has not been taught anything about deliverance, nor have they pressed in enough to get it. And so, we are to be wise as serpents but gentle as doves. When spiritual wisdom cannot be utilized, then natural wisdom must be.

What you probably don't realize is, if you are operating in the gifts of the spirit, particularly discerning of spirits you can perceive that spirit on someone, whether they acknowledge it openly or not. G-d knows what is in the heart of man, and He can show anyone He chooses to, anything at all about anyone else. It's called word of knowledge. The counterfeit for that is the so-called mediums. Peace

Old 03-29-2016, 04:36 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
That would depend on the individual and the level of deliverance and spiritual growth they have experienced. Christ is supposed to be being formed in us, and where He is ruling in a temple, that is not. There again, 90% of the body has not been taught anything about deliverance, nor have they pressed in enough to get it. And so, we are to be wise as serpents but gentle as doves. When spiritual wisdom cannot be utilized, then natural wisdom must be.

What you probably don't realize is, if you are operating in the gifts of the spirit, particularly discerning of spirits you can perceive that spirit on someone, whether they acknowledge it openly or not. G-d knows what is in the heart of man, and He can show anyone He chooses to, anything at all about anyone else. It's called word of knowledge. The counterfeit for that is the so-called mediums. Peace
Oh for goodness sake.... I know all about that. You are hardly the sole proprietor of religious knowledge on this board.

If you would leave a child molester alone with a child... SMH. Personally, I could discern a molester has experienced deliverance and spiritual growth superior to your's , Billy Graham's and the Pope's combined and I would never.... ever..... let that confessed child molester be alone with a child. "Gentle as a dove" with someone who has sexually molested a child? Not happening in my world. Which is the real world and not the la la land of the self-righteous religious who think they can tell if a sexual molester is going to hurt another kid.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 03-29-2016 at 04:52 PM.. Reason: Hard to type when you're throwing up a little bit in your mouth.

Old 03-29-2016, 04:51 PM

You forgot the, wise as a serpent part....

You asked, I told you the honest truth. If it doesn't measure up to what you want to hear, I can't help that. Peace

Last edited by Rbbi1; 03-29-2016 at 05:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.