Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2016, 11:21 PM

920 posts, read 931,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Phew ...outdoorsygal,]

1. that we are all sinners according to scripture (regardless of your 'Paul sermon' in a previous post) and that plain truth (no Bible necessary) tells us that none of us have or ever will attain 'perfection'.

Romulus you are baiting again...tsk tsk tsk.
I've already provided scripture to you to address this TWICE.

We are not all Sinners. All WERE Sinners like including thieves, and murderers, Audulterers, Homosexuals, drunkards, a whole list of things..but some were washed, justified through Jesus Christ in the spirit of God-
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...9&version=NASB
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Timothy+1%3A9-10&version=NASB

Once saved, the Sinners new name is SAINT or "Godly" or "Christians" or "Disciples of Christ" or "Believers"
or "righteous ones" No one sins who is born of God, at least not in GODs eyes. Why? because we do not have the capability to do wrong? No because we've been washed, cleaned, we are no longer dirty in Gods eyes due to the blood cleansing us through our faith, wisely attained through studying the holy scriptures and committment to our Lord and Savior though faith. This is is why... if we are saved, we need to fixate on walking in the light, not sin bashing of the unsaved.
A newly saved person may still fixate on sin, but as they are re-born and slowly grow into walking then running etc..but the blood will cover their wrongs.

1 John 5:18 18 We know that no one who is [a]born of God sins; but He who was [b]born of God keeps him, and the evil one does not touch him.

Here is Gods plan for the family unit again, a link to my post. Anything outside of his plan, man on man intimacy, beastality, incest, ploygamy, etc.. is outside of his plan for creation established in the beginning when it was labeled as "Good" therefore all else is outside of the will of God.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Corinthians+6:9&version=NASB

Quote:
In other words, to use that favorite Christian term 'sin' that is most often aimed at others
You are describing yourself, not a Christian. You are overly focused on a particular sin to an extreme degree. Christians don't focus on sin, unbelievers do. They move on with their new life at some pace, different for everyone.
Quote:
...we ALL 'sin' in one form or another every day of our lives.
This is true. But for sinners, that is all they can do. It is all they know. Satan is their father.
For Disciples of Christ, the saved, their Lord and Savior covers their sins. He provides the with the holy spirit which supernaturally transforms them to walk in the light as the norm. Of course more stumbling happens newer you are to Christianity.

Quote:
"Godly" perfection is impossible for we mere mortals.
Again, you make a statement about godly perfection then try to apply it to all PEOPLE as unattainable.
'Godly" is synonymous with the SAVED. So is Perfection. So please don't try to convince us we're all a bunch of sinning drunkards, homosexuals, adulterers, thieves, murderers, etc..because GOD DOES NOT view a Saint that way since he's washed their sins (dirt) off thru their faith in Jesus Christ. A Saint cannot be a drunkard, its; impossible. Those are sin labels applied to unbelievers. God's given the holy spirit to resist sin, btw. The ability to communicate with him through his holy scripture, and prayer... he tells us he uses his word to make us wise IN SALVATION through faith in Jesus Christ.

Last edited by OutdoorsyGal; 03-13-2016 at 12:13 AM..

Old 03-12-2016, 11:40 PM

6,790 posts, read 2,897,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD
I don't know Romulus (or his brother Uncle Remus), but I get the impression he is trying to expose and call out the anti-gay crowd for their hypocrisy and error in pretending there is a scriptural basis for their anti-gay positions. I could be wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorsyGal View Post
I could be wrong but am inclined to believe you. That was my take too.

He is baiting people to hate on a particular crowd (homosexuals) whom he despises for whatever reason.
I think you may have misunderstood the post of MysticPhD, just as you, apparently, misunderstand mine.

Quote:
When no one or not enough folks take his bait, he then starts his own hateful lies then points fingers that another person saying they said it.
Perhaps I haven't expressed myself as well as I might in previous posts (I really do try) but I certainly have no idea how you've managed to twist them around the way that you have. What was it that I said to get you so worked up? 'Hateful lies' have never been and will never be a part of my posting agenda. I've told no lies here. I'm here merely to set the record straight. That is ...the Bible does not condemn gay people. Is this the lie that you're accusing me of?

YOU initially stated that there is no such thing as a gay Christian ...an absolutely hateful thing to say to a gay person who believes them self to be a Christian. Are you even aware how hateful that is? I don't think you are as you appear to be under the pretext that as long as you can cut and paste texts from the Bible (irrelevant texts, I might add) that this somehow grants you immunity from having the 'hateful' tag applied to you. I don't care for tags but if one is being hateful then one is being hateful.

Quote:
Except posts are on record, and he does this over and over.
Other than repeat ad nauseum that the Bible does not mention homosexual or homosexuality what have I done over and over?

Quote:
I have no clue what happened to him to hate homosexuals so much.
*sigh*

I can only respond with a

Old 03-12-2016, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Romulus you are baiting again...tsk tsk tsk.
I've already provided scripture to you to address this TWICE. Here's more

We are not all Sinners. Some WERE Sinners including thieves, and murderers, Audulterers, Homosexuals, drunkards, a whole list of things..but we were washed, justified through Jesus Christ in the spirit of God-
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...9&version=NASB
[/color]https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Timothy+1%3A9-10&version=NASB

Once saved their new name is SAINT or "Godly" or "Christians" or "Disciples of Christ" or "Believers"
or "righteous ones" No one sins who is born of God, at least not in GODs eyes. Why, because we do not have the capability to do wrong? No because we've been washed, cleaned, we are no longer dirty in Gods eyes due to the blood cleansing us. THis is why if you are saved, you need to fixate on this. Not sin, sin is of the UNSAVED. And only the UNSAVED will defend it and fixate on it. (or newly saved, such as a newly re-born in christ)

1 John 5:18 18 We know that no one who is [a]born of God sins; but He who was [b]born of God keeps him, and the evil one does not touch him.

You NEED to read this over and over t dispel this desire to constantly want to take the word homosexual out of bibles or to show the error becauase it doens't matter. It is still SIN.
Here is Gods plan for the family unit.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Corinthians+6:9&version=NASB

Christians do not walk in darkness so you are not describing them. You are describing yourself, your fixation on baiting others to bash homosexuals (sin) for whatever reason then lying saying others are doing it. Stop planting hate towards homosexuals please. Others must be getting tired of it also, at least those who are not members of the anti gay crowd

This is true. But for sinners, that is all they can do. It is all they know. Satan is their father.
For Disciples of Christ, the saved, their Lord and Savior covers their sins, provides the with the holy spirit which superaturally has them walk in the light as the norm. You are trying hard to make the saved into being unsaved and it's getting old.

Again, you make a statement about godly perfection then try to apply it to all PEOPLE as unattainable.
'Godly" is synonymous with the SAVED. So is Perfection. So please don't try to convince us we're all a bunch of sinning drunkards, homosexuals, adulterers, thieves, murderers, etc..because GOD DOES NOT view a Saint that way since he's washed their sins (dirt) off thru their faith in Jesus Christ. He's given the holy spirit to resist sin. The ability to communicate with him through his word, which he tells us he uses to make us wise IN SALVATION through faith in Jesus Christ.

Well, I can't make head nor tail of the above rant so I'm going to have to do the wise thing and leave OutdoorsyGal to it. She's been told repeatedly that "homosexual" is found nowhere in the original manuscripts of the Bible but she still persists in using the term anyway. She also accuses those of us who KNOW that this term did not appear until 1946 as going out of our way to REMOVE the term from scripture as if we're involved in some kind of anti-Bible conspiracy. This has become madness and no level headed discussion with her on this topic can continue.

<sigh>

How long can this fundamentalist form of Christianity persist?

Old 03-13-2016, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Well, I can't make head nor tail of the above rant so I'm going to have to do the wise thing and leave OutdoorsyGal to it. She's been told repeatedly that "homosexual" is found nowhere in the original manuscripts of the Bible but she still persists in using the term anyway. She also accuses those of us who KNOW that this term did not appear until 1946 as going out of our way to REMOVE the term from scripture as if we're involved in some kind of anti-Bible conspiracy. This has become madness and no level headed discussion with her on this topic can continue.

<sigh>

Romulus you are baiting me again, tsk tsk tsk

I do not know what fundamentalist but apparently it's a group of people you dislike so are including me in that group.

The plan for creation was provided to you w/ scripture, you ignored it >> https://www.city-data.com/forum/43334285-post454.html

ANYTHNG OUTSIDE OF IT IS OUTSIDE OF GODS WILL. Singles can be single but that is another thread.
You are still focused on a pet peeve sin, let your pet peeve sin go.It won't change Gods will, spelled out for us with regards to the family unit.Actually click the link

If you proved homosexual (Ok sodomite if you insist), drunkard, murder, or whatever is not listed as a sin, it won't change the fact that the bible still opposes the practice. anything outside of Gods will is sin. It wont change the fact that accusing people of being haters of that pet sin is being a hater yourself of that sin. Even twisting posts of other members to bash others who experience that sin. Own your words.That is not ok and very sneaky. Lying is not ok,
Now we need to agree to let this go please,and you need to stop doing this. seriously.

Last edited by OutdoorsyGal; 03-13-2016 at 12:29 AM..

Old 03-13-2016, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Moderator cut: Quoted post deleted.
Wow. I was going to let this post remain unaddressed. However, is there something terribly wrong going on here or is it just me? Am I hallucinating?

Yesterday evening I was rushed to the hospital with severe stomach cramps. In the afternoon I (stupidly, but didn't realize that I was being stupid) ate just a small finger-nail sized piece of a mushroom growing in my yard after recent heavy rain. It tasted fine, no bitter taste at all. Maybe these mushrooms were edible. Several hours later I felt really ill ...hence the rush to the hospital by a friend. I felt like I was dying. After blood tests and tests for liver damage I was released 3 hours later feeling much, much better. This is all true, by the way!

Now I read the above post which, besides being highly provocative and rather weird, does an about face by the author re her initial stand on the subject of this thread. This was the person who started out stating that there was no such thing as a gay Christian. Now, she's defending gay people. Or, is she? Am I suffering the effects of mushroom hallucination?

Last edited by mensaguy; 03-13-2016 at 09:30 AM.. Reason: Quoted post deleted.

Old 03-13-2016, 12:39 AM

Quote:
I
YOU initially stated that there is no such thing as a gay Christian ...an absolutely hateful thing to say to a gay person who believes them self to be a Christian.

No one who experiences same sex attraction is any different than a person who experiences opposite sexual attraction. There is NO DISTINCTION in scripture, NONE. If there is, find it for me. Otherwise let it go.

Both are saved if they are saved. Attraction issues do not prevent anyone from being a child of God.

STOP trying to make a distinction there to make something appear as sin when it is not. Then try to convince that person experiencing such that others hate them when it is NOT TRUE. Only you dislike this group, you cannot let it go. only you keep posting this rhetoric.
Scripture provides plenty of sins already to avoid, you don't need to add to it. Nor sneakily plant the idea that others are doing it when it is in YOUR posts. You are using something that isn't even a sin to bash people w/ then attribute it to someone else though you posted it. No one else did. Hopefully you finally understand why it wasn't just me who saw this weird chase your tail behavior and found it odd.

I am glad you are ok from eating a bad mushroom now, sorry to had to go to the hospital

Old 03-13-2016, 01:46 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,708,541 times
Quote:
Wow. I was going to let this post remain unaddressed. However, is there something terribly wrong going on here or is it just me? Am I hallucinating?

Yesterday evening I was rushed to the hospital with severe stomach cramps. In the afternoon I (stupidly, but didn't realize that I was being stupid) ate just a small finger-nail sized piece of a mushroom growing in my yard after recent heavy rain. It tasted fine, no bitter taste at all. Maybe these mushrooms were edible. Several hours later I felt really ill ...hence the rush to the hospital by a friend. I felt like I was dying. After blood tests and tests for liver damage I was released 3 hours later feeling much, much better. This is all true, by the way!

Now I read the above post which, besides being highly provocative and rather weird, does an about face by the author re her initial stand on the subject of this thread. This was the person who started out stating that there was no such thing as a gay Christian. Now, she's defending gay people. Or, is she? Am I suffering the effects of mushroom hallucination?
No, she has an interesting method of attempting to appear less bigoted by stating that nothing is wrong with same sex ATTRACTION, comparing it to heterosexual attraction.

However, it is physical intimacy between same sexes that is her hang-up. She doesn't really study the Bible carefully and is a product of several hundred years of anti-sex teaching by the RCC (carried over into many Protestant denominations.

If she did a scholarly study she would discover that what God was unhappy with was any kind of Temple prostitution--first by the Canaanites, later by Greeks, and last by Romans. All involved both male and female prostitutes.

In any event, OutdoorsyGal suffers from the same legalistic mindset of those Pharisees whom Jesus couldn't convince regarding their desire to follow the letter of the LAW. It says it, so it has to be so--regardless that Jesus ignored the letter of the Law as recorded in the OT on more than one occasion. He wouldn't stone an adulteress, caught in the act. The Holiness Code of the Jews required it. He wouldn't have a constantly menstruating woman (an issue of blood) stoned for daring to enter a village, approach Him unannounced and touch His garment. By OT LAW that made Jesus "unclean," and she deserved death. He, in no uncertain terms told those who had "heard it said" about an eye for an eye. Except it wasn't something just "overheard." The very verses calling for an eye for an eye and a tooth from a tooth came directly from God to Moses--at least according to that LAW she loves. Jesus basically said, "Not only has God the Father been perceived incorrectly, you need to LOVE the person who harms you so much that you offer the other cheek to them when they slap you.

In a separate post I will provide an "internet" letter that was written a number of years ago by an unidentified source to a Protestant evangelical who believed in a "literal" reading of the Bible.

Old 03-13-2016, 03:08 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,708,541 times
Default Unidentified letter to a Protestant evangelical "literal" bible believer

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from you, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination---end of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's laws and how to follow them.
1). Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?
2) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?
3). I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanness (Lev. 15:19-24). The problem is: how do I tell? I've tried asking, but most women take offense.
4). When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor to the Lord (Lev. 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?
5). I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?
6). A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination (Lev 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there degrees of abomination?
7). Leviticus 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I must admit to wearing glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20 or is there some wiggle room?
8). Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed including around their temples, even though it is expressly forbidden by Leviticus 19:27. How should they die?
9). My uncle has a farm. He violates Leviticus 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made from two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary to call all the town together in order to stone them (Lev. 24:10-16)? Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do to people who sleep with their in-laws (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.
-----------------------

Old 03-13-2016, 08:11 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Quote:
She's been told repeatedly that "homosexual" is found nowhere in the original manuscripts of the Bible but she still persists in using the term anyway. She also accuses those of us who KNOW that this term did not appear until 1946 as going out of our way to REMOVE the term from scripture as if we're involved in some kind of anti-Bible conspiracy. This has become madness and no level headed discussion with her on this topic can continue.

<sigh>

The Word has been around for thousands of years, so it'll do just fine. As I posted previously and was ignored, the word "homosexual" as you no doubt know, is a modern invention, and so while it's true it's not in the original texts, you would do well to stop giving the erroneous impression that the sin is not mentioned in there, because as I suspect you already know, IT IS. Presumably we all want the TRUTH of a matter on here, not some made up diatribe. Carry on....Peace

Old 03-13-2016, 11:55 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from you, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination---end of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's laws and how to follow them.
1). Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?
2) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?
3). I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanness (Lev. 15:19-24). The problem is: how do I tell? I've tried asking, but most women take offense.
4). When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor to the Lord (Lev. 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?
5). I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?
6). A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination (Lev 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there degrees of abomination?
7). Leviticus 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I must admit to wearing glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20 or is there some wiggle room?
8). Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed including around their temples, even though it is expressly forbidden by Leviticus 19:27. How should they die?
9). My uncle has a farm. He violates Leviticus 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made from two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary to call all the town together in order to stone them (Lev. 24:10-16)? Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do to people who sleep with their in-laws (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.
-----------------------

You've no doubt heard the old expression, if ignorance were bliss? Well the writer of this letter, is surely in a blissful state, the Lord have mercy. This problem arises, when man thinks he's smarter than G-d.

Once again, make it according to the pattern. We have a natural pattern (2 in fact, the creation we see is one also, and part of the Word made flesh) by which we can obtain spiritual knowledge in conjunction and COOPERATION with His Spirit. It MAY or MAY NOT, require us to follow it to the letter since the natural temple was destroyed, and because HE is the Lord of the harvest, not us. We can, because creation IS part of the Word, learn spiritual things by comparing natural things HE created, to spiritual principles.

There is wisdom there for the taking in each one of those and the truly wise will search them out. For instance, I'll put the celestial (Spirit) flesh on one of them for you, to help you see Him as He is and always has been. In the eating of shellfish, there is a natural reason for the prohibition against it being given for food. That is, it can make us sick, or depending upon the pathogens in it, kill us.

Aside from that, we are not to partake of it's NATURE, ie. be a bottom feeder who only consumes dead things (and that includes specifically the WORD WITHOUT THE LIFE OF THE SPIRIT IN IT) and is a scavenger. We're not called to be scavengers of any kind, whether they be in the water or on land (unclean animals), or in the air (unclean birds), we're called to be kings who search out a matter and have an abundance of CLEAN MEAT to eat (and to offer) at the table(s) of our heart.

PS. See, you THINK because of what I write, you're railing against a fundamentalist, but what I am is someone who was never joined with them to begin with, never accepted their doctrines that didn't line up, and LEFT very early on in the process because He told me to. So what you see is what happens when someone seeks His FACE (nature) in the Word, WITH THE SPIRIT, and because you hear the Word coming out of my mouth, you assume the death of fundamental error comes with it. Peace

Last edited by Rbbi1; 03-13-2016 at 12:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity