Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2016, 08:52 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,041,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Anyone who disagrees with the gay agenda is categorized as a hater, bigot and fundamentalist.

Believe me, I know.

Old 03-14-2016, 08:55 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,221,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
I know. But I live in hopes.

Actually, I had the feeling that Rbbi1 hadn't quite graduated to the 'fundie' stage of Christianity yet based on some of his/her other posts on the forum. Not that I've read many of them. H/she comes across as being a tad more reasonable than some. Maybe not.

All I want with these folks is a discussion based on the scriptures that have somehow led them to believe that homosexuality is condemned in the Bible. There are only perhaps less than a half-dozen of these so-called 'clobber texts' in the entire Bible that have, unbelievably, caused so much division within the ranks of the mainstream Christian Church. In truth, I don't think the majority of Christians would have the Bible savvy to discuss these issues. This is why most of them go coy when confronted with a challenge to discuss them. Most are like sponges that have just soaked up what they've been indoctrinated with. If my pastor says that the Bible condemns gay people then, by golly, the Bible condemns gay people! And, those who question this mindset are usually considered to be in league with the devil and deserving of the same contempt aimed at gay people.

As far as I know, there are presently no gay people in my life (but, who knows?) although I did share accommodation some years ago with a young Christian guy who was, at the time, 'battling' with his (then) unwanted 'gay' orientation. I was with him during some of his rough patches and I was aware that he just about wore out his knees praying to God to help him deal with it or to make him 'straight'. These people who say (in their sheer ignorance of the subject) that being gay is a choice have evidently never gotten to know a gay person. Well, I DID get to know and to befriend a gay person. And he was a wonderful human being (just 19 at the time) who truly loved his God. To their credit, as his peers at the local church learned of his being gay not one, to my knowledge, made him feel unwelcome to the youth group. To them it didn't make any difference ...it wasn't even an issue. It's as though these young people had not yet been indoctrinated with the condemning side of the adult church-goers. This comes later, apparently.

My friend later accepted his homosexuality and, after graduating from med school, he left the area. He also left the Church (SDA) of which he'd been a member all his life. He knew that 'homosexuality and the Church' was not a good mix and so he felt that there was no other option. While I haven't heard from him in a while I do believe that he's been in a long-term relationship with someone ...a male. He always wanted a serious relationship and was not interested in one night stands.

So, thanks to my relationship with my friend I set out to learn as much as I could about 'THOSE passages of scripture'. I then decided that I would fight the bigots to the best of my ability with the very scriptures that they use to condemn gay people. But, as you say, this is nigh impossible since indoctrination is so often too deeply rooted on some people that a stick of dynamite wouldn't uproot it.
Very inspiring!

Old 03-14-2016, 09:04 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,221,656 times
Quote:
Anyone who disagrees with the gay agenda is categorized as a hater, bigot and fundamentalist.
Yes, because gay people decided to stand up 30 some years ago and say, "enough!". And even today, we get sick of being a "punching bag" for society. To hear presidential candidates get up there and talk about us as if we're not human beings or Americans, but some filthy enemy that needs to be stopped.

So stop using us for political gain, using us to fill offering plates and candidate's coffers. Stop using us to instill fear and hatred in Christians. Stop telling us to go back in the closet and live in fear. My agenda is to be left alone!

Old 03-14-2016, 09:22 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,176,355 times
Quote:
Anyone who uses the term "gay agenda" is a hater, bigot and fundamentalist.

Old 03-14-2016, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Believe me, I know.
From your posts, you know very little of value.

Old 03-14-2016, 09:30 AM

I know very of little of value to people who are steeped in witchcraft and rebellion, that's true. Peace

Old 03-14-2016, 09:42 AM

Quote:
I know very of little of value to people who are steeped in witchcraft and rebellion, that's true. Peace
LOL!

Yeah, I'm a rebel sorceror with a cause! I seek to unmask and remove the cloaks of pseudo-righteousness with which fundies drape themselves and expose the rot of bigotry, fear, and ignorance which lies beneath.

You know, just in case your own posts aren't self-explanatory enough.

Old 03-14-2016, 09:58 AM

That you are. But you have no idea what real fear is. If you did, you wouldn't still be mocking G-d, you'd be running to Him. Which means the devils you serve are smarter than you. Peace

Old 03-14-2016, 10:15 AM

Quote:
That you are. But you have no idea what real fear is. If you did, you wouldn't still be mocking G-d, you'd be running to Him. Which means the devils you serve are smarter than you. Peace
I mock no god.

I mock the evil, despotic destroyer depicted in the bible.

He is no more a real god than Bugs Bunny is a real rabbit.

Old 03-14-2016, 10:21 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,611,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
And even today, we get sick of being a "punching bag" for society.
Maybe Christians are sick of being your punching bag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity