Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2016, 08:30 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,163,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
There is no physical temple. It was destroyed. No inner realm. No outer realm. No courts. There is only Jesus. He alone has the authority to "deal with" issues of the flesh and sin. No one else.
I'm fresh out of reps. So........... here:

Old 03-14-2016, 08:32 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times
Quote:
Do you mean false accusations (slander...WHICH IS A SIN!!!!!) like this?

Gay men molest children at far higher rates than heterosexuals.

Same-sex parents harm children.

People become homosexual because they were sexually abused as children or there was a deficiency in sex-role modeling by their parents.

Gay men controlled the Nazi Party and helped to orchestrate the Holocaust.

Hate crime laws will lead to the jailing of pastors who criticize homosexuality and the legalization of practices like bestiality and necrophilia.

Allowing gay people to serve openly will damage the armed forces.

Gay people are more prone to be mentally ill and to abuse drugs and alcohol.

[Though it is true that LGBT people tend to suffer higher rates of anxiety, depression, and depression-related illnesses and behaviors like alcohol and drug abuse than the general population, that is due to the historical social stigmatization of homosexuality and violence directed at LGBT people, not because of homosexuality itself. Studies done during the past several years have determined that it is the stress of being a member of a minority group in an often-hostile society — and not LGBT identity itself — that accounts for the higher levels of mental illness and drug use.]

Gay people can "choose to leave" homosexuality.

ALL LIES.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haukur View Post
That's right, LGBT people don't suffer for being LGBT; it's cultural and institutionalised homophobia that causes a psychological impact.

People find it funny to make jokes about LGBT people where this characteristic is ridiculed and/or vilified, but sometimes, even the most innocent of them make LGBT people feel less than others.

And don't think this is something that only affects teen and adult LGBT people; homophobia is perceived since childhood and it affects the way LGBT kids see themselves (self-hatred, low self-esteem, etc.).
Sadly, your sensitive, intelligent, empathetic posts will bounce off the Fundashields wielded by the evangelist mob here.

They are insensitive to others' pain.

But they bleat and whine and bellow over their imaginary persecution.

Their hypocrisy is matched only by their bovine imperturbability.

Old 03-14-2016, 08:41 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,843,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I'm fresh out of reps. So........... here:

Thanks Dew Drop.

Old 03-14-2016, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haukur View Post
That's right, LGBT people don't suffer for being LGBT; it's cultural and institutionalised homophobia that causes a psychological impact.

People find it funny to make jokes about LGBT people where this characteristic is ridiculed and/or vilified, but sometimes, even the most innocent of them make LGBT people feel less than others.

And don't think this is something that only affects teen and adult LGBT people; homophobia is perceived since childhood and it affects the way LGBT kids see themselves (self-hatred, low self-esteem, etc.).
Thank you for pointing out the real harm, and the real threat to children, LGBT and straight/cis.

Old 03-14-2016, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Sadly, your sensitive, intelligent, empathetic posts will bounce off the Fundashields wielded by the evangelist mob here.

They are insensitive to others' pain.

But they bleat and whine and bellow over their imaginary persecution.

Their hypocrisy is matched only by their bovine imperturbability.
It might seem futile to continuously rebut them. It might be, I hope not. Isiah 54:17 encourages me to keep speaking out, even if it seems hopeless.

"no weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and this is their vindication from me," declares the LORD."

Old 03-14-2016, 08:47 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,040,762 times
Quote:
There is no physical temple. It was destroyed. No inner realm. No outer realm. No courts. There is only Jesus. He alone has the authority to "deal with" issues of the flesh and sin. No one else.

Agreed. But on a personal microcosm view, there is a spiritual one and it's in you. You have the same components, and same need for ministry to go on inside of it. THAT is what I am talking about, and there is absolutely NO REASON for you or anyone else to take offense at it. Peace

Old 03-14-2016, 09:01 PM

Quote:
It might seem futile to continuously rebut them. It might be, I hope not. Isiah 54:17 encourages me to keep speaking out, even if it seems hopeless.

"no weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and this is their vindication from me," declares the LORD."
I'm with you, gurl.

I'm neither gay, nor Christian. My enemy is bigotry, bullying, and the deliberate obtuseness which characterizes Joe/Josephine Fundamentalist.

I pity the stupid fundamentalists, who comprise the majority. After all, everybody knows sheep aren't exactly known for thinking for themselves.

But I despise the self-blind, semi-educated wolves who lead those dumb sheep.They don't do so for any glory of their god. They do it for themselves. If not for money, for power. If not for either, for hot air to inflate their ego balloon.

As long as I draw breath, have mobile fingers and a connection to the net, I'll remain one of their worst enemies.

And be proud to wear the label.

Old 03-14-2016, 09:09 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,040,762 times
Yet you bully just like what you say the fundys do (and I will agree with you that many fundamendalists do bully-not necessarily speaking of this particular site). Gotta love your name though....reminds me of my favorite dish when I can get it, grilled trout. Peace

Old 03-14-2016, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Yet you bully just like what you say the fundys do (and I will agree with you that many fundamendalists do bully-not necessarily speaking of this particular site). Gotta love your name though....reminds me of my favorite dish when I can get it, grilled trout. Peace
You can call it bullying.

I prefer to call it reproving and correcting errant Christians.

Old 03-14-2016, 10:01 PM

6,791 posts, read 2,899,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
How about giving your (exegetical) take on Romans 1:21-27, Rbbi1? What we need to do in order to make any headway on this topic is to address, one by one, the Bible passages that Christians use to condemn homosexuality. Until we do we're just basically playing 'word ping-pong' without ever arriving at some kind of resolve. That is, of course, assuming that a resolve is what we want. After all, it's the scriptures that are claimed to drive mainstream Christianity's stance on the gay issue. So, let's discuss scripture. What do these scriptures really mean once all of the popular anti-gay fluff is removed? Most Christians, I would guess, wouldn't even know WHAT these particular scriptures say anyway. They've heard "God hates homosexuality" over and over and over from their church leaders and, like sheep, they've mindlessly taken it in.

Then again, maybe the anti-gay Christians would rather shy away from actually analyzing these 'clobber' scriptures. I mean, If it were to be discovered that nowhere in scripture is homosexuality condemned they would not only lose face but they would also be sorely limited to who they could now 'religiously' slur. This could be a lose/lose situation for them.

Anyway, how about it? What is Romans 1:21-27 actually talking about? I've already given my exegetical take on the passage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity