Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 08:34 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,619,984 times

Advertisements

Some people need an ancient book in order to control themselves, and their behavior in the community. These people need very detailed directions, and lots of them.

Others do not need such directions in order to control themselves. Why is this? A deep cosmic question for sure.

It is only important to those who know they need someone telling them what to do at all times ,or they would be out of control in the community doing all sorts of harm.
The question plagues them to no end. Why me? Why do I need someone telling me what to do all the time? Why not them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2015, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
This is a pointless remark by someone who does not deserve to be listened to.
Viz or Little Mikey Seaver? I think Viz is worth listening to.

Old 11-07-2015, 08:36 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Some people need an ancient book in order to control themselves, and their behavior in the community. These people need very detailed directions, and lots of them.

Others do not need such directions in order to control themselves. Why is this? A deep cosmic question for sure.

It is only important to those who know they need someone telling them what to do at all times ,or they would be out of control in the community doing all sorts of harm.
The question plagues them to no end. Why me? Why do I need someone telling me what to do all the time? Why not them?
Weird, isn't it?

And sad.

Old 11-07-2015, 08:38 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,204,963 times
Quote:
Aw shucks.

Old 11-07-2015, 08:41 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,597,807 times
Quote:
Kirk Cameron. His opinion is without merit.
He talks about "the church", as if there is a single church.
His claim to "Christianness" is starring in movies that
promoted the heretical belief in a pre-Tribulation "rapture".

Old 11-07-2015, 08:45 AM

Quote:
There IS a single church. Jesus Christ is the head of it. It's made up of Christians around the world in many denominations. I've never heard Kirk say that THE CHURCH is one organization that meets in any one building or is led by 1 man. Have you?
Quote:

Actually, he was a Christian long before that. He has also been in a few other movies, including the movie Fireproof, but he isn't really focused only on being an actor anymore.

Old 11-07-2015, 08:46 AM

Quote:
I think Little Mikey Seaver is looking to line his pockets by cashing in on peoples fears. He has to support his family somehow, and I doubt he has it in him to be a longshoreman.

Old 11-07-2015, 08:50 AM

Quote:
I think Little Mikey Seaver is looking to line his pockets by cashing in on peoples fears. He has to support his family somehow, and I doubt he has it in him to be a longshoreman.
He could have done quite well as an actor if he wanted to. But when he became a Christian he backed off of his acting career. To make that suggestion simply isn't logical. If all he wanted was money he'd be acting.

Old 11-07-2015, 08:51 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,597,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
There IS a single church. Jesus Christ is the head of it. It's made up of Christians around the world in many denominations. I've never heard Kirk say that THE CHURCH is one organization that meets in any one building or is led by 1 man. Have you?

Actually, he was a Christian long before that. He has also been in a few other movies, including the movie Fireproof, but he isn't really focused only on being an actor anymore.
Kirk Cameron is in no position to speak for any "church".

Do you believe any and every single person who is a Christian
of any sort can speak for "the church" ? I hope not.

Old 11-07-2015, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Kirk Cameron is in no position to speak for any "church".
Good. Because he really doesn't.
Quote:
Do you believe any and every single person who is a Christian
of any sort can speak for "the church" ? I hope not.
Of course not. In fact, I have some theological disagreements with him. For one, he's Arminian, and I'm Reformed in my theology. But he is a Christian and I do agree with him on a lot of things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity