Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2015, 09:35 PM

757 posts, read 1,025,371 times

Advertisements

Another Christmas day is almost over. It comes and goes every year.

However, celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ shouldn't be a once-a-year event. Every faithful Christian should be eternally grateful that He was born on earth in flesh and blood and walked among us at one point in time.

Let us celebrate the birth of the most important figure in history, the birth of Jesus Christ, for His being on earth, even for a short period of time, had changed the course of human history since then.

His existence had washed away our sins and saved our souls. He is the bridge for us to cross over to the gate of heaven, to be reconnected to the Father, our beloved God. He had given us new lives and new hopes, an eternal life to look forward to after this brief one on earth. He had given us Christianity, our only chance for redemption.

His birth on earth among us had made all of the above possible.

So let us continue to celebrate His birth on and beyond Christmas day. Let's remind ourselves the true meaning of Christmas. It's all fun buying and receiving Christmas gifts, attending Christmas parties, enjoying the Christmas turkey, but we ought to remember that Christmas is much much more than mere festive activities.

We are all blessed because He was born to become our Savior. That is the meaning of Christmas. That is what we celebrate every year.

Merry Christmas, my fellow Christians. Hope you all have a meaningful Christmas.

God Bless

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2015, 05:22 AM

598 posts, read 358,382 times
It would be much better to celebrate His resurrection, and for that matter His resurrection in you that is our only hope of Glory.

Old 12-26-2015, 09:39 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,235,302 times
i would much rather we celebrate his LIFE...

Old 12-26-2015, 09:46 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,927,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post

Old 12-26-2015, 09:52 AM

23,175 posts, read 10,463,936 times
Passover is a life style of dying daily. Shavuot is a lifestyle of studying daily, Sukkot is a lifestyle of working on the work you are building everyday, your Sukkah, and Sukkot is living the birth of Jesus everyday.

Old 12-26-2015, 09:57 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,184,699 times
Something I saw on FB:

A thousand times a baby has become a king, but only once has a king become a baby.

Old 12-26-2015, 10:06 AM

23,175 posts, read 10,463,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Something I saw on FB:

A thousand times a baby has become a king, but only once has a king become a baby.
Did he live in Little Elm Texas?

I am in Texas, I will probably move to Meridian soon, you around me anywhere Elm? I am near Houston now.

Old 12-26-2015, 01:05 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,235,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Seems at the arguing and disagreement centers on either His birth or His death...

No one seems to be concerned with HOW HE LIVED and what he TAUGHT during His life.

The focus is on the idiotic prophecy to prove who He was or the equally foolish prophecy to prove what he was supposed to have done.

What about the ACTIONS He performed while here on earth? Shouldn't we be trying to expand His teachings by feeding even more than the 5,000? (What I have done, you will do even greater)

Buy turning water into wine, shouldn't we be CEREBRATING even more? (I have come sop you may have life, and have it more abundantly)

Where He showed mercy to those who were opposed to Him (the centurion) and taught how those who were not with Him had mercy on others (the Samaritan) should we also exercise MERCY on all who would ask?

As He demanded JUSTICE for everyone, regardless or RACE, CREED, RELIGION, ORIGIN, etc...as demonstrated in Matthew 15--

The Faith of a Canaanite Woman

21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon.

22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”

23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

The disciples knew (wanted to believe) salvation was for the JEW only)

24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

Jesus endorsed the idea that He is ONLY sent for the JEWS...

25 The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.

The old woman knows better, and insists on Jesus acknowledging her.

26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.

[b]Again Jesus attempts to put the old woman off./B]

27“Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”

The old woman realizes here place...

28 Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.

Jesus reconsiders, and accepts the old woman's position and gives her what she asks.

Jesus hands out JUSTICE not based on WORKS or DEEDS, but based on BELIEVE and COMMITMENT.

Isn't it time we looked at the LIFE of Christ and followed his admonishment that WE WILL DO EVEN GREATER...

24 “The student is not above the teacher, nor a servant above his master.
25 It is enough for students to be like their teachers, and servants like their masters. If the head of the house has been called Beelzebul, how much more the members of his household!
Attached Thumbnails
Let's Continue to Celebrate His Birth beyond Christmas Day-naked_jesus_tnj-new-24.fw_.png  

Old 12-26-2015, 01:34 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,184,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Did he live in Little Elm Texas?

I am in Texas, I will probably move to Meridian soon, you around me anywhere Elm? I am near Houston now.
Nope, Little Elm - northwest of Dallas. Ready for the sky to unzip.

Old 12-29-2015, 06:14 AM

757 posts, read 1,025,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
It would be much better to celebrate His resurrection, and for that matter His resurrection in you that is our only hope of Glory.
There are many significant events throughout the life of Jesus Christ worth celebrating.

His whole life on earth, though brief, right from the immaculate conception of virgin Mary to His birth in Bethlehem, to the many miracles He performed, to the crucifixion, and finally to His resurrection, all were but an unfolding of a divine plan.

He was fulfilling His destiny to become the Savior to gentiles.

Resurrection was no doubt the climax of His journey as He defeated death and transformed Himself from Son of Man to Son of God, and laid the foundation rock for future Christianity. That's the most impressive miracle of all. It is certainly worth celebrating. We do that on Easter Sunday every year.

Of all the amazing events, His birth on earth in flesh and blood among us has to be the most significant. It was the starting point of His journey which led all the way to the resurrection. He MUST go through the entire process as a man from birth to death in order to fulfill the prophecy.

Resurrection wouldn't be possible without going through human death. Only through His ultimate triumph over death that we finally acknowledge the fact that He is indeed the Son of God, not just a mere mortal like the rest of us.

Death is just part of the circle of life, much like day and night that go round following each other perpetually. It is just a natural rhythm of life for us mortals. What sets Jesus Christ apart from us all is His mighty power to break away from that to us unbreakable cycle, the resurrection from death and eternal life.

His birth, His being a man among us, allowed Him to achieve that. Without birth, there would be no death and therefore no resurrection. The prophecy wouldn't be able to fulfill itself. That's why Christmas is such an important festival. We really have to celebrate His birth on Christmas day for that's the day that changes all our spiritual lives forever.

Amen to that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity