Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 06:24 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,755,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I never said what you claim.

Stop making stuff up. Actually, no, keep it coming. You are on a roll.
Keep blowing that whistle. Hot air is all you have to offer the hungry and homeless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2016, 07:18 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,833,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Hot air is all you have to offer the hungry and homeless.
Oh, ok, thanks for letting me know. Anything else?

Old 01-17-2016, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Oh, ok, thanks for letting me know. Anything else?
The wicked flee when no man pursueth.

At least I can keep you occupied so no one else is subject to your scorn. And you can retain that self righteousness because we both know you are my moral superior. I agree 100% with that.

On the other hand, I've forgotten more about scripture than you'll ever know. Why? Because I forgot how to be a fundie moral supremacist.

If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

I'll stay after you night and day to remind you that until you love others your beliefs are futile and have no saving grace.

Say anything you wish about me, I will not defend myself because you are correct.

But consider me your personal Hound of Heaven--or Hell-- in relentless pursuit of your self introspection.

I FLED Him, down the nights and down the days;
I fled Him, down the arches of the years;
I fled Him, down the labyrinthine ways
Of my own mind; and in the mist of tears
I hid from Him, and under running laughter.
Up vistaed hopes I sped;
And shot, precipitated,
Adown Titanic glooms of chasmèd fears,
From those strong Feet that followed, followed after.
But with unhurrying chase,
And unperturbèd pace,
Deliberate speed, majestic instancy,
They beat—and a Voice beat
More instant than the Feet—
‘ALL THINGS BETRAY THEE, WHO BETRAYEST ME.
Francis Thompson

Last edited by Wardendresden; 01-17-2016 at 08:58 PM..

Old 01-17-2016, 08:46 PM

64,104 posts, read 40,405,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Curious about "Agape." You will grant theat the only English words, "Love" and "Charity" are ambiguous and do not convey the meaning of the Greek?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
Read about their thieving of agape here.
You can bet my mouth was agape when I first read that word in fundamentalist context.
Bunk. Agape is not restricted to love of God. It is our entire purpose for existing because it IS God and we are to reproduce it. It is a love for all life and is concerned with the effects on everyone involved in any circumstance (the least of these). Fundamentalists ahve tried to use their ignorant savage beliefs about appeasing a w rathful God through blood sacrifice as the meaning of Christ's sacrifice. It is NOT. It is an example of God's love for ALL of us, including Christ's torturers and murderers because they "knew not what they did."
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I have seen that once before and I can hardly believe that anyone would so make what the foundation of Christian community is into something so "other" that it is useless to speak of it in day to day living.
Yes, I see how such a perversion could be sickening.
Amen, nate!

Old 01-18-2016, 05:57 AM

Quote:
I forgot how to be a fundie moral supremacist.
You didn't forget, you took it to a whole new level. Read your own words. You are the one thumping your chest bragging about your works, while calling other peoples service 'garbage' and 'hot air'.

An American missionary has been murdered by Al Qaeda. He went to Burkina Faso to open an orphanage and that is where they killed him. He was killed while on his way to pick up volunteers from our local church in Florida. This is the kind of "garbage" work we support in our church.

Old 01-18-2016, 08:38 AM

Quote:
You didn't forget, you took it to a whole new level. Read your own words. You are the one thumping your chest bragging about your works, while calling other peoples service 'garbage' and 'hot air'.

An American missionary has been murdered by Al Qaeda. He went to Burkina Faso to open an orphanage and that is where they killed him. He was killed while on his way to pick up volunteers from our local church in Florida. This is the kind of "garbage" work we support in our church.
I don't doubt Muslim fundamentalists killed someone for believing differently than them. They condemn them for "unorthodox" beliefs as well. Physical murder is their weapon and they feel justified because Allah said it, not them.

Christian fundamentalists may not have yet sunk to physical murder, but they practice the same oppression in the name of God---because God said it, not them. And for those oppressed they feel as if they were slain. So called Christian love has destroyed more than a few young homosexual lives who commit suicide because of the mocking and bullying by their "Christian" trained classmates.

Do you feel responsible for your complicity in their murders. No, you are a Christian Al Qaeda justified in your own mind by a perfect book.

Look into your own heart Pharisee. You ARE the Al Qaeda in America with your moralizing.

The only reason you and your church support missions overseas is to indoctrinate more to be like you.
Jesus warned you in Matthew 23:15--
Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you travel around on sea and land to make one proselyte; and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves.

So much for your missionary work.

I don't care where you live, you can probably go less than a mile and find homeless, hungry people. You could open your church doors on cold nights, and provide shelter for those homeless, but no, that would be too close to home. Some cold, sick person might throw up on the church's fine carpet.

My help for the downtrodden isn't to gain heaven or avoid hell---the carrot and stick of your idolatry of the bible.

Send me to hell with your righteousness, I'll put the welcome mat out for you.

Old 01-18-2016, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Finn_Jarber: An American missionary has been murdered by Al Qaeda. He went to Burkina Faso to open an orphanage and that is where they killed him. He was killed while on his way to pick up volunteers from our local church in Florida. This is the kind of "garbage" work we support in our church.

Quote:
You ARE the Al Qaeda in America with your moralizing.

The only reason you and your church support missions overseas is to indoctrinate more to be like you.
Jesus warned you in Matthew 23:15--Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you travel around on sea and land to make one proselyte; and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves.

So much for your missionary work
Unbelievable......

Old 01-18-2016, 09:22 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,981,784 times
Sheltering Wings appears to be the kind of organization that does good work in the world.

Old 01-18-2016, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Unbelievable......
That's how I feel about fundamentalists sending help overseas and ignoring those in their own backyard.

Unbelievable!!

Old 01-18-2016, 09:47 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,376,338 times
My, my, so much rhetoric and "righteous indignation." So many WORDS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity