Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2016, 08:42 PM

64,103 posts, read 40,400,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, I believe it is the word of God. I am in complete agreement with 2 Tim 3 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
And 2 Peter 20 Knowing this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone’s own interpretation. For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit
[color=#0000ff][color=black]So, yes, I believe it
Thank you, Finn. This is an honest and sincere response. Most of the disputation that you encounter is the result of this belief you have in the Bible as the inerrant and infallible word of God. Those, like me, who believe that Jesus is the Word of God and the Bible only tells us about Him. will never interpret the Bible as you do. This means we will draw very different conclusions about what God wants from us. While you believe everything in the Bible is inerrant, there is no need for you to test the Spirit of anything as Jesus instructed us to do. We, on the other hand, have to test everything against the only Spirit Jesus revealed, the Holy Spirit of agape love who IS God. You may already have me on ignore, Finn, but it is not necessary. I will not bother you any longer because your belief in the inerrant Bible leaves no room for debate.

I hope you can see the reason you have so much opposition here in the forum. There is no need to divide us from you as "children of Satan," we just disagree about the status of the Bible. We still love Jesus and God and each and every one of you out there. Peace in Christ's love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2016, 01:34 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,829,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Yes that hard heart of yours saddens me almost as much as it does Jesus.

But God has decided to use technology to destroy false prophets and usher in destruction of ugly churches that spread lies. The Zman deserves credit for finding this story:

This age of information has informed it’s constituents that evangelicalism, as we know it, is no longer thriving, but is in fact dying (I’ve listed statistics else where to show this numerically, you can read those here and here). With the ability to share, and transfer information to anyone, anywhere, at any point in time, freely and without restriction, it’s exposed secrets in which the Church was formerly able to hide with ease.
It’s unmasked the lie of biblical inerrancy, deeply questioned Christianity’s historicity, and its won the war on homosexuality. As if this supposed war has not been enough to provoke outrage against the church, there’s the pervasive issue of hobby lobby, there’s “whistleblowers” reporting abuses by christian leadership, and there’s the unrelenting dehumanization of undocumented immigrants.

On an IPad I can't post the link, but it's easy to find the headline: The Internet Is Killing American Christianity.

Of course, Christianity doesn't reflect your beliefs. The word for that is Churchianity.

Your days of power are numbered---thank God.
Resentment from anger, not from sadness. You are angry, and you should figure our why. Resentment and anger are not fruits of the Spirit, they are fruits of false teachings.

The internet is used by false teachers, but it is also by used by God to spread the gospel to places where it has not been spreading before. Millions of people have found Christ thanks to the internet.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 01-16-2016 at 02:01 PM..

Old 01-16-2016, 06:21 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,478,062 times
Quote:
Millions of people have found Christ thanks to the internet.
There is no longer a feeling of confinement.
And, people are free to think for themselves.

Old 01-16-2016, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
There is no longer a feeling of confinement.
And, people are free to think for themselves.
Yes, they are free, and they are coming to Christ out of their own free will.

Old 01-16-2016, 06:51 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,478,062 times
Quote:
Yes, they are free, and they are coming to Christ out of their own free will.
... but, that does not mean they believe what you do.

Old 01-16-2016, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
... but, that does not mean they believe what you do.
Having volunteered at the biggest on-line missionary program, which has reached millions of people, I can tell you their views are pretty much in line with mine.

Old 01-16-2016, 09:17 PM

37,347 posts, read 28,428,376 times
Quote:
Having volunteered at the biggest on-line missionary program, which has reached millions of people, I can tell you their views are pretty much in line with mine.
Scary. How. Wonderfully righteous of you

Can you be more specific about this great work of yours. , did you actually communicatev iwith folk and share the ABC of your belief system ?

Old 01-16-2016, 10:46 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,755,658 times
Quote:
Resentment from anger, not from sadness. You are angry, and you should figure our why. Resentment and anger are not fruits of the Spirit, they are fruits of false teachings.

The internet is used by false teachers, but it is also by used by God to spread the gospel to places where it has not been spreading before. Millions of people have found Christ thanks to the internet.
Of course I am angry with the lies of organized religion and particularly their Pharasaical followers. Who else but Bible-believers of His day did Jesus get angry with? Did He go into a bank or brothel to throw people out? Or was it a house of worship. The people who need to do the most soul searching are always bible believers and churches---far more than those in bars ad whorehouses. People in the latter places know their shortcomings. It is the super religious, the most ardent bible readers who need the greater introspection--particularly if they are fond of calling out sin in others. Why do you think Jesus told us to pluck the plank from our own eye first?

I would far rather feed a hungry person with food first, than have a million hear me preach. And oh, have I preached! On street corners as a Marine on Okinawa. In some three score churches some with as few as six in attendance, and somewhere around 400 in maximum. The most that ever walked the aisle at an invitation I gave to accept Christ was ten. SO WHAT!!! No matter how many were "saved" because I spoke words to tickle their ears, it is nothing compared to handing one person digging in a McDonald's trash can a fresh sandwich and a cup of coffee. It is nothing compared to giving your own coat to a mother with a child freezing on a cold Denver morning. Seeing people won to Christ by one's own preaching is satisfactory but has no comparison to rescuing one in physical need and telling them "God loves you, and so do I."

So stay warm and self satisfied with ear tickling and eye pleasing messages about God wanting to forgive sin. That's easy to do, but without the self sacrifice of reaching out to those in need all that Internet preaching reminds me of Paul's admonition to Christians:
"If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal."

Preaching is to the Gospel what a whistle is on a train, a luxury in announcing the train's arrival, but does nothing to power the engine of the train or move it along the tracks---that is done with love of others and care for their needs. When the train is powered and moving, only then does the whistle mean anything to bystanders. That's why fundamentalists never gain a bit of respect from those "terrible" agnostics and atheists. They're too busy tooting their whistle to move the heart of God along the tracks of life.

This story I have told more than once to churches desiring me to become a deacon, so fond were they of my tooting. I was a terrific whistleblower for many a decade, but I never found spiritual satisfaction until I decided to stoke the engine.

Blowing the whistle takes a lot of hot air, stoking the engine leaves one filthy but satisfied. Try it sometime.

Old 01-17-2016, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Of course I am angry with the lies of organized religion and particularly their Pharasaical followers. Who else but Bible-believers of His day did Jesus get angry with?
You are angry with followers and servants of Christ, and you should look in the mirror and figure out why.

Old 01-17-2016, 07:26 AM

21,087 posts, read 29,337,299 times
Quote:
You are angry with followers and servants of Christ, and you should look in the mirror and figure out why.
Maybe because so many "followers" of God and "servants" of Christ are FAKES and hateful towards others who are not embarrassing their mythology??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity