Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2016, 10:37 PM

32,533 posts, read 22,158,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
God had a question for such convolution as yours:
"O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? It was before your eyes that Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified.

For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them.”

Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law, for “The righteous shall live by faith.”...

Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for usfor it is written, “Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree”— so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith.
stop purposefully maligning the truth ... Jesus paid the ransom in order to free humanity from the curse of the law
26.Cursed be he who does not uphold the words of this Torah, to fulfill them. And all the people shall say, 'Amen!'

who does not uphold [the words of this Torah]: Here [in this curse,] Moses included the entire Torah, and they accepted it upon themselves with a curse and an oath. — [see Shevuoth 36a]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2016, 10:45 PM

33,382 posts, read 26,679,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Nope...You're wrong...Mental gymnastics...There is nothing that says that the kingdom was postponed until a second advent...In fact there is nothing in the Tanakh that even alludes to that, let alone states it outright...
Jesus' kingdom has been postponed until His second advent as has been shown in post #70 of the following thread. - https://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...istianity.html

Old 01-03-2016, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Jesus' kingdom has been postponed until His second advent as has been shown in post #70 of the following thread. - https://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...istianity.html
There is nothing that even alludes to a second advent...Not even in your COT...

Old 01-03-2016, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Oh...And you haven't shown anything...

Old 01-03-2016, 10:59 PM

33,382 posts, read 26,679,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Oh...And you haven't shown anything...
I've already shown that the kingdom has been postponed. Your denials are meaningless.

I'm not about to waste my time on you and your continual childish, immature contentiousness. You need to grow up and stop being such a jerk. We're done.

Old 01-03-2016, 11:03 PM

Quote:
I've already shown that the kingdom has been postponed. Your denials are meaningless.

I'm not about to waste my time on you and your continual childish, immature contentiousness. You need to grow up and stop being such a jerk. We're done.
No...We are not done, Mike...This is what you do so immaturely...When proved wrong and you have nothing to back your statements up, you say you're don and then run...You know as well as anyone else on this thread that you spout things and have no scriptural support for the things you say...And when someone calls you on it, this is what you do...

Old 01-03-2016, 11:05 PM

Quote:
You haven't shown nothing of the sort...Nothing scriptural...I deny nothing...So, there is meaning to what I say...

Old 01-05-2016, 02:13 PM

18,541 posts, read 9,234,818 times
Quote:
.... Jesus paid the ransom in order to free humanity from the curse of the law

your choice is to not believe the truth .... however God said it, thus those with the Spirit believes.
Matthew 20:28
just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve,
and to give His life as a ransom for many."

Galatians 3:13
Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming acurse for us

for it is written,
“Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree”—
so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles,
so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith.
Oddly enough, the mortality rate remains close to 100% for both Christians and non-Christians alike. So it would seem that the "curse" is still in place. Which is a good thing, otherwise we would have a serious overpopulation problem on our hands.

Last edited by Freak80; 01-05-2016 at 02:39 PM..

Old 01-05-2016, 02:56 PM

18,541 posts, read 9,234,818 times
Quote:
It will be very unfortunate for Pleroo and you to be proven just how wrong it is to call Jesus (who is God) a liar.
You know what you sound like? You sound like a Mafia enforcer or a stereotypical religious fanatic / terrorist from the Middle East.

Old 01-05-2016, 05:51 PM

468 posts, read 266,835 times
I would explain it this way .

Say you have a spouse that truly loves you .
I don't mean a cheap love I mean a true LOVE.
Then for whatever reason it may be one day you have an affair with another person.
Time goes on and one way or another it comes to the other spouses Knowledge and he/she is crushed , hurt, betrayed , angry and a million other things .

But for the stories sake let's say that there is seldom a love that can be compared to the love this person has for the cheater .
At the same time he/she wants out but the cheater begs to be forgiven and promises repentence.
If there is a true love there then forgiveness is possible BUT .
Do you think that it will work without the proper attitude and sensitivity on the cheaters part from that day on?
Love or no love repentence on the cheaters part will have to be evident for the rest of his life or someone is moving out .
I won't say this can only happen once but twice would be hard to amagine a marriage surviving thru so I'll switch to God.

If you have a "shut the hell up its in the past " attitude do you think that it is gonna work?
When I was young my wife left me twice.
As much as she loved me my attitude said just that and she could not live with it so she went back to her parents.

I know this is a rare and special case but she was happy to come back as soon as she felt the proper repentance and attitude from me .

God is the same way , if you act and think like you don't give a **** then he's leaving you.
He still loves you and will come back if you can come to grips with what your doing and repent tho I would be carefull on how often you cheat on him.
Because we both know once is bad enough , twice and she will be wondering if your truly sorry about the first go round and by the third I think she will have to admit that you don't love her any more and you prefer
Someone else's legs .

DONT CALL YOURSELF A LOVER OF GOD IF YOU CAN'T STAY LOYAL TO HIM!

Its common sense , don't be a hipocrite .
Then all the deeds and works like washing dishes and visiting the poor will automatically be in place.

Last edited by clickstack; 01-05-2016 at 06:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity