Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 01:29 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Well, all I can tell you is I'm not lying, I've got no horse in this race but the truth of what happened to me. There is no way to verify what I said, short of posting medical records online, that ain't gonna happen. I could get a friend or two to post I'm telling the truth, but you wouldn't believe them, either. Peace

I've met people who truly believe all sorts of things . I had a discussion in this very forum with a guy who truly thought he was God using CD to communicate with people . I have met people who claimed to be able to heal who had parents still in nursing homes because of long term illnesses . I met a guy completely convinced God had recently healed him of cancer , and claimed it was medically proven as you do, who died within a year of me meeting him from a heart condition he had had a long time . I work with a guy who claimed God healed his sore shoulder , while to this day he remains a diabetic who has to take medicine daily and check his blood 5 or 6 times a day. I could give many other real life examples . Let's say I have learned to be sceptical, especially with a story like yours that SHOULD be in medical journals if true . Doctors who see something like that don't simply shrug their shoulders and call it a miracle and leave it at that . Your neurologist, seeing a miracle outside of his understanding , would not have simply said " wow,never seen that before ", and then just left it at that . It would get some notice . Details would have been sent to others , questions asked , some sort of research into it done , etc . The idea that all these doctors would see these miracles and all would respond with some variation of " oh wow that's cool! " and then it's just dropped and these unexplainable events are simply brushed aside and not looked into is simply not believable . I have a wife and a mother who are nurses , and a few Dr friends . None would simply accept the unexplainable and move on without questions .

Last edited by wallflash; 03-05-2016 at 02:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2016, 02:33 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Or maybe it is a long list of tall stories that surround "miracles". Of course, believers want to believe. It's called confirmation bias.

https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4247

Old 03-05-2016, 03:45 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
I've met people who truly believe all sorts of things . I had a discussion in this very forum with a guy who truly thought he was God using CD to communicate with people . I have met people who claimed to be able to heal who had parents still in nursing homes because of long term illnesses . I met a guy completely convinced God had recently healed him of cancer , and claimed it was medically proven as you do, who died within a year of me meeting him from a heart condition he had had a long time . I work with a guy who claimed God healed his sore shoulder , while to this day he remains a diabetic who has to take medicine daily and check his blood 5 or 6 times a day. I could give many other real life examples . Let's say I have learned to be sceptical, especially with a story like yours that SHOULD be in medical journals if true . Doctors who see something like that don't simply shrug their shoulders and call it a miracle and leave it at that . Your neurologist, seeing a miracle outside of his understanding , would not have simply said " wow,never seen that before ", and then just left it at that . It would get some notice . Details would have been sent to others , questions asked , some sort of research into it done , etc . The idea that all these doctors would see these miracles and all would respond with some variation of " oh wow that's cool! " and then it's just dropped and these unexplainable events are simply brushed aside and not looked into is simply not believable . I have a wife and a mother who are nurses , and a few Dr friends . None would simply accept the unexplainable and move on without questions .
Well, mine did. They had already run all the tests possible in hospitals, so what else was there to do, but nod and smile, lol. And since I no longer had the problems, there was no need for me to go back and discuss it with them. I never had any of them question it beyond, "I have no explanation".

One of them took 3 biopsies (yes that means 3 visits) in different locations, all of which came back negative, insisted on a 4th, until I said, "Didn't you hear me the first 3 times?? I said, the Lord healed me and I'm not coming back for a 4th biopsy!" That tended to finalize things, as I could tell by his shocked expression that no one had ever shouted that in his exam room before, lol....

And of course, the crushed elbow had xrays and arthurgrams (spelling?) before and tests after, because they were going to operate to free the pinched nerve and remove the bone fragment near the surface of the skin. I had one doctor joke with me before that I must be bionic, lol.

The closest I ever got to one questioning it, was he made the lab check their equipment, ect., for the possibility of error. I didn't even mention it. My doctor last summer ordered blood work and he had them do a test for diabetes that goes back 3 months. It came back I had diabetes, consistantly quite high in fact. He gave me a script for it, and I politely told him I wasn't going to take it because there is no way I'm a diabetic. He kept on and kept on until I finally told him why. Three weeks before I had been fasting, the last week on water. A severe diabetic wouldn't have made it through one week of salads, much less one week of nothing but water, without keeling over.

He insisted I was, and I had to go back in another 3 months and do it again. I did not take the meds. And it showed I was not diabetic, though he said, "And I KNOW you were diabetic!"

Which is probably one reason WHY He led me to fast in the first place, I probably WAS diabetic (an aunt and my grandmother were), emphasis on WAS.

In Proverbs 1 we are told that if we do not gird up our loins with the Truth, then He won't move for us when the whirlwind comes. If we wait for the whirlwind to come, in other words, 99.9% of the time it's going to be too late. We are still in these mortal bodies, subject to generational curses that have their appointed time by law to manifest, BUT He will deliver us from them all if we are continually seeking His face/nature. Depending on the severity, these appointed times may mean a death sentence. My mother and grandfather died of cancer, so that was an appointment with death that was circumvented.

There is a magazine called "Prevention". Nothing against it, but I'll use it as an example of what most people tend to look for ONLY, to extend their lives and keep them from dying young. Things from the natural realm, like vitamins, herbs, ect., and there's nothing wrong with using them. BUT....the Word is the best preventative there is.

From G-d's point of view, He looks at these things people try to do, and says, "How is it you have faith in the thing created, but no faith in the Spirit that created the thing?"

As I said, I got no horse in this race, I'm only giving honor where honor is due. Peace

Last edited by Rbbi1; 03-05-2016 at 04:01 PM..

Old 03-05-2016, 04:12 PM

My problem with the story ( aside from one single guy experiencing something 4 or 5 times that even hard core Christians admit is exceedingly rare in the human experience ) is that either you had the same Dr treating you for all these miracles and this guy never has a question about a patient that is constantly miraculously healed, or you have seen multiple Drs that have accessed your records and seen repeated miraculous healing and yet none thinks to mention these repeated miracles to other medical scientists ? Everyone sees these repeated miracles happening to one person and they just walk away saying " wow" , and that's it ? No follow up, no questions, no research into how this same guy keeps getting miraculously healed ?

No medical professional anywhere is the least bit curious why this same guy keeps getting miraculously healed from all these severe maladies ?

Last edited by wallflash; 03-05-2016 at 04:28 PM..

Old 03-05-2016, 04:21 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Quote:
Do you mean more than my original post on page 3? And if yes, what would you like to know? Peace
Thanks. I had missed page 3. That's very interesting. I wish I could know more but that's not possible.
Peace.

Old 03-05-2016, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
My problem with the story ( aside from one single guy experiencing something 4 or 5 times that even hard core Christians admit is exceedingly rare in the human experience ) is that either you had the same Dr treating you for all these miracles and this guy never has a question about a patient that is constantly miraculously healed, or you have seen multiple Drs that have accessed your records and seen repeated miraculous healing and yet none thinks to mention these repeated miracles to other medical scientists ? Everyone sees these repeated miracles happening to one person and they just walk away saying " wow" , and that's it ? No follow up, no questions, no research into how this same guy keeps getting miraculously healed ?

No medical professional anywhere is the least bit curious why this same guy keeps getting miraculously healed from all these severe maladies ?

No, it was different doctors and over a period of the last 31 years I've walked with Him. And I don't know the kind of doctors you have where YOU are, but none of them here you can tell are particularly keen to admit it's even possible, much less want to draw attention to themselves over it. And I''m not the only one I know that has experienced such. My point is, He is a healer, and He is no respecter of persons. Peace

Old 03-05-2016, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Thanks. I had missed page 3. That's very interesting. I wish I could know more but that's not possible.
Peace.
Why?

Old 03-05-2016, 04:53 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
https://churchpop.com/2016/01/12/god...le-of-calanda/

This man's leg was re-attached after many years. A miracle.
If God performed this miracle (and I'm not saying He didn't), it didn't have anything to do with the intervention of some Lady of the Pillar.

Old 03-05-2016, 04:53 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Quote:
Why?
Do mean why I wish I could know more or why it's not possible?

Old 03-05-2016, 05:05 PM

Quote:
No, it was different doctors and over a period of the last 31 years I've walked with Him. And I don't know the kind of doctors you have where YOU are, but none of them here you can tell are particularly keen to admit it's even possible, much less want to draw attention to themselves over it. And I''m not the only one I know that has experienced such. My point is, He is a healer, and He is no respecter of persons. Peace

That's nice . Take care
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity