Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 06:55 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,073,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Do mean why I wish I could know more or why it's not possible?

Why you wish you could know more but it's not possible....peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2016, 07:08 PM

11,106 posts, read 6,046,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Why you wish you could know more but it's not possible....peace.
Well, it's an interesting account - significant in fact. It's impossible for me to know more because I am in a different country and your doctors apparently did not investigate these occurrences. Or perhaps they did but haven't told you? Also, I'm not an investigator. Peace

Old 03-06-2016, 08:43 AM

As I said, there literally was nothing to investigate. Multiple tests before confirming problem, multiple tests after confirming problem gone. It was as much for them if not more so, than for me. I BELIEVED, He could have healed me before ever going for medical treatment but He chose to do so after. So I have to conclude He did it for THEM, so they would THINK.

I know the one neurologist who did the tests on my spinal injuries there, ended up being a sort of connection that spanned 20 years. Twenty years after this happened, I found out from his brother, also a neurologist, that he had died young of a heart attack. So I surmise that He wanted Him to know He was real and a healer before he had to face that.

And the way I found out, is I found myself in an ER in Indy with his brother ( I thought when the nurse said Dr. Hall will be coming in, she meant MY Dr. Hall from decades back, didn't know he had a brother), who was getting ready to do brain surgery on my then 20 year old son, a victim of 4 types of brain trauma from violent crime.

He was not expected to get off the table, and if he did, he would likely be a vegetable or severely impaired. Literally a 1/3 of his brain was damaged and bleeding. The doc said he would be dead in 24 hours if no surgery, and the prospects of him coming off the table were not good, and if he did, then likely a vegetable from so much brain damage and in so many different areas of the brain (they can only operate on one section at at time so chose the biggest area of damage).

Now there's a miracle the whole hospital talked about, from the people in the financial office to the people in the gift shop, every office I went into was talking about this miracle boy in a coma for 3 days, who was not expected to live and if live, be a vegetable, and he comes out of it unimpaired except for some memory loss issues.

See, we don't just press in to know Him and overcome things for OURSELVES alone, but for others, because He says if we serve Him then He will save our whole household, and then at some point the household extends beyond just that of our own. Save has many applications. Peace

PS. And although this likely fits better on the "vision" thread, two years before this happened to my son, I was given a dream where I was in the hospital that turned out to be the one he was originally taken to before he was life-lined to Indy. I saw a policeman talking to a nurse about my son or sons, I wasn't sure which, and I KNEW it was bad, maybe unto death for one or both of them. I jolted awake, hit the floor praying for mercy for them, and called them both the next day to warn them that they both needed to get back to walking with Him. We know not what we should pray for, but the Spirit knows.

Last edited by Rbbi1; 03-06-2016 at 08:58 AM..

Old 03-06-2016, 08:47 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,487,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
It's in the book 'Smith Wigglesworth - The Secret of his Power"

Stillborn Baby Raised to Life and Healed in 4 days!
I have all books written about him...not many have even heard his name!
Nor John G. Lakes.

Old 03-06-2016, 08:53 AM

He wasn't bad for an illiterate plumber, was he?

Old 03-06-2016, 12:34 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,296,348 times
In modern times, under sceptical scrutiny and investigation, faith healers have all been exposed as frauds . Benny Hinn, Peter Popoff , Robert Tilton, Kathryn Kuhlman, all exposed as frauds . And what you have in the books of yesteryears faith healers are unsubstantiated claims made in books without any possibility of investigating questionable claims .

What the evidence shows is that no matter how many times faith healers are exposed , some believers will still flock to and believe the next one that comes up .

Old 03-06-2016, 12:44 PM

First of all, while I'm not condoning any of their sins, they are imperfect vessels just like the rest of us, but it is G-D who is the healer, not them. And I've been in several of Benny's crusade's and I can assure you that in the beginning at least, G-d was definitely using him, you could literally feel His Spirit in a multitude of ways.

I took 2 unbelievers, total scientific skeptics in one, and they came out changed. You can argue all day long about doctrines but when the power of G-D manifests, all arguments wither like grass in the noonday soon.

It's not so much about Benny anyway, as it is the fact that if you get 25,000 Christians praying in one spot, in one accord, asking G-d to come with healing in His wings, HE ANSWERS THAT PRAYER. Else He is a liar, and THAT, He is NOT. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity