Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 02:56 PM

18,502 posts, read 9,172,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Can you give us some examples of some recent ones?
Yes. See the link in my post #3.

You can also Google "miracles in Islam" or "recent Islamic miracles" or similar.

There are also miracle accounts in the Quran, just like there are miracle accounts on the Bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2016, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
I appreciate I'm a major contributor on this thread so far, so i dont want to appear to be intentionally pouring water on your fire, but I'm not seeing the miracles in the article you refer...? Was it the bit about getting a maid to help with the household chores?
Really? The author has sections called "the first miracle" and "the second miracle" with a description of the miracles performed. Did you not read the article?

Old 01-13-2016, 06:30 PM

598 posts, read 358,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Really? The author has sections called "the first miracle" and "the second miracle" with a description of the miracles performed. Did you not read the article?
Are you serious?

Finding time to study is a miracle?

Finding the name of allah in a tomato is as much of a miracle as finding the face of Jesus in a burnt piece of toast…………. Not!!!!!!!!!

Real miracles of healing the terminal ill and raising the dead do happen amongst those whose worship of God has not been corrupted by church doctrines but the dead are not being brought back to life nor the sick healed in the name of allah…………. sorry but it is just not going to happen

Old 01-13-2016, 06:44 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
Are you serious?

Finding the name of allah in a tomato is as much of a miracle as finding the face of Jesus in a burnt piece of toast…………. Not!!!!!!!!!

Real miracles of healing the terminal ill and raising the dead do happen amongst those whose worship of God has not been corrupted by church doctrines but the dead are not being brought back to life nor the sick healed in the name of allah…………. sorry but it is just not going to happen
You hope...as far as you know...if your god is tougher/better/more Omni than their god....

Good luck sleeping tonight!

Old 01-13-2016, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You hope...as far as you know...if your god is tougher/better/more Omni than their god....

Good luck sleeping tonight!
There is only one God the creator, and one Son who is the way for man to once again become one with God the Father as it was in the beginning.

Neither of them answer to the name of either Allah or Mohammed

Acts 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Last edited by mensaguy; 03-05-2016 at 05:20 AM.. Reason: Don't use red text. That is for moderator actions.

Old 01-13-2016, 07:17 PM

Quote:
There is only one God the creator, and one Son who is the way for man to once again become one with God the Father as it was in the beginning.

Neither of them answer to the name of either Allah or Mohammed

Acts 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Yeah, yeah.

I'm familiar with the song you sing. It's parroted here by others, pretty much daily.

And is just as wrong.

Last edited by mensaguy; 03-05-2016 at 05:20 AM.. Reason: Quoted post edited

Old 01-13-2016, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Are you serious?

I'd say it's as impressive as the Christian God's ability to find lost car keys.

Quote:
Really? I'd say the two miracles are equally impressive. You don't think that seeing the name of Allah in a tomato is impressive?

Quote:
I don't know. I'd say this list of miracles by Mohammed (the founder of Islam) is pretty impressive:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracles_of_Muhammad

Old 01-13-2016, 08:39 PM

Quote:
I'd say it's as impressive as the Christian God's ability to find lost car keys.

God helps those of His who are in need of help and I am not going to discount anyone who wants to thank God for helping them find their car keys………… however them finding their car keys is not a miracle in the sense that "real miracles" are things that are done by God that cannot be done by man………… such as raising the dead and healing the terminal ill without medical intervention

Quote:
Really? I'd say the two miracles are equally impressive. You don't think that seeing the name of Allah in a tomato is impressive?
I do not think someone seeing the face of Jesus in a piece of burnt toast is all that impressive let alone be a miracle albeit it does reflect what is on the heart and mind f the individual………… which is the same amount of credit I will give to seeing someones name in a tomato but neither count as miracles AKA signs and wonders as they are known to happen on those whom receive blessings from God

Quote:
I don't know. I'd say this list of miracles by Mohammed (the founder of Islam) is pretty impressive:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracles_of_Muhammad
The law of witnesses is the only acceptable proof of truth…………… what I am speaking of is for today and as I have already said there is only One God with One Son through whom those in the family of God because of the Holy Spirit who Jesus has given unto them allows them access to God to petition Him (Who has mercy on whom He choses to ) for a miracle.

Sometimes the answer is yes, sometimes the silence is a no…………. hopefully a "maybe later"

Beliefs and emergencies effect emotions that are often quick to say "it was a miracle" but could it have happened without divine interference?…………. if the answer is yes it then does not count as a miracle

On the other hand if someone ill has been cured that can be proven to have not come from modern medicine or the dead raised alive then there has been a miracle

Come back with proof of either of those in modern times done through an Inman calling on whomever and we can talk more

Old 01-13-2016, 08:59 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,138,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
https://churchpop.com/2016/01/12/god...le-of-calanda/

This man's leg was re-attached after many years. A miracle.
The miracle is that anyone would believe that fairy tale.

Old 01-13-2016, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
The miracle is that anyone would believe that fairy tale.
That's my take on it too.

I was raised in a staunch Catholic household and was taught about all sorts of saints and miracles and blessings and never heard diddly about this particular "miracle" until today - at the age of 64.

But it's on the interweb so it must be true!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity