Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 01:55 PM

45,778 posts, read 27,424,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
1 - Original sin.

2 - Only by accepting Christ can someone be "saved."

3 - Everyone born is deserving of hell.

4 -Atheists hate god.

5 - Heaven is reserved for (the right kind of) Christians.

6- God was justified in tormenting Abraham, slaughtering babies and wiping out life on the planet because he didn't like what he himself created.

7 - Evolution is wrong.

That'll do for starters.
Thank you for answering. This is what I need.

Old 01-15-2016, 02:01 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,285,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I propose we return (as we are beginning to do) to worshipping as 1st century Christians did---in the homes of people with unpaid leaders who make their living as tent makers or such. We'd be a lot closer to understanding the Bible rightly, and we would remove the stain of lust for power that dominates so much of American Christianity. It could rightly be called Christianity by all rather than identified as Churchianity by some of us.
I agree, Warden. The closest to that would be the Amish.

No paid clergy. They meet in one another's homes. Bible readings and sermons are rotated. Lust for power, or putting yourself above other Amish, is considered prideful and thus sinful.

Old 01-15-2016, 02:01 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,251,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I've never stated she did.
You stated she was hateful toward gay people, yet you now say she has never made such a statement. Good grief.

Old 01-15-2016, 02:11 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,285,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You stated she was hateful toward gay people, yet you now say she has never made such a statement. Good grief.
People express hate every.single.day without coming right out and saying, "I hate....... fill in the blank."

Ms. Davis included.

Old 01-15-2016, 02:13 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,634,414 times
Quote:
Then perhaps you and others ought to realize that what one nut job states is not indicative of the beliefs of all.
I did not say any of that Viz. At no time have I claimed those connections.

Perhaps it is time you stop speaking for me. I know it is difficult, because you believe women should submit and all. No worries, though. I am here to correct you.

Old 01-15-2016, 02:15 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,251,378 times
Quote:
People express hate every.single.day without coming right out and saying, "I hate....... fill in the blank."

Ms. Davis included.
Oh. I see. You are somehow able to know what is in a person's heart without them actually saying it. Because you have determined that their behavior automatically means that. gotcha.

that's kind of why I said it's arrogant to state that someone with a well thought-out, cogent argument for something is simply a hater in your book, if their opinion disagrees with your own.

Old 01-15-2016, 02:56 PM

45,778 posts, read 27,424,918 times
Quote:
Goodness knows what Kim Davis heard in church that made her be hateful towards gay citizens applying for a marriage license. "On God's authority!!" The hate was oozing from her pores when she came out with that gem.
Quote:
I've never heard Kim Davis state that she hated gay people. Can you provide a quote of such?
Quote:
I've never stated she did.

Quote:
Quote:

Ms. Davis included.

I've been on that trip, Vizio...

Old 01-15-2016, 02:57 PM

18,531 posts, read 9,221,028 times
Here are some hateful beliefs:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/41881029-post51.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/41940571-post19.html

Right from the source.

Old 01-15-2016, 03:05 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,298,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I would say the primary thing is the obsession with homosexuality and the negative emotions many Christians bring to the debate. Many Christians have a deep hatred towards homosexuals, much of it stemming from disgust. I can understand opposition to gay marriage if coming at it from a religious angle, but why do Christians oppose the following?

-Anti-bullying programs/suicide prevention
-Employment and housing protections for LGBT people
-LGBT adoption
-LGBT people being allowed to serve in the military
-Businesses that support LGBT rights i.e. Home Depot, Starbucks, ESPN
-Protections for LGBT people in the marketplace
-Regulations on reparative therapy that has proven to be harmful
This is why I think the fundamentalist/anti-gay Christians are opposed to anything on your list. Because they believe that if life is easy on gay Americans, their own children will see "living a gay lifestyle" as a ok and then "choose" to "live a gay lifestyle".

And they they just think gay men are icky and gross and have cooties and will molest their babies and spread disease because they're all satanic sickos.

Old 01-15-2016, 03:08 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,286,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
This is why I think the fundamentalist/anti-gay Christians are opposed to anything on your list. Because they believe that if life is easy on gay Americans, their own children will see "living a gay lifestyle" as a ok and then "choose" to "live a gay lifestyle".

And they they just think gay men are icky and gross and have cooties and will molest their babies and spread disease because they're all satanic sickos.
And those are the fundie intellectuals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity