Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 03:10 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,270,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
And those are the fundie intellectuals.
Duggar. Mr. Josh Duggar. Paging Mr. Duggar.

Old 01-15-2016, 03:45 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,276,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Then perhaps you and others ought to realize that what one nut job states is not indicative of the beliefs of all.
I tell myself that every time you post...

Old 01-15-2016, 04:02 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,416,756 times
Hateful Beliefs of the Church?

Anything that consists of throwing stones at others.
What if I told you Jesus came to abolish religion?

Old 01-15-2016, 05:20 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,245,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I tell myself that every time you post...

Too soon etc.

Old 01-15-2016, 05:30 PM

45,707 posts, read 27,325,537 times
Only one good response. Everything else is about gays. I expected more...

Old 01-15-2016, 05:32 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,245,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Precisely how I used to feel about your posts.

Then I realized that's all you got.

Old 01-15-2016, 06:41 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,950,316 times
Quote:
Add the idea that there uis some kind of innate spiritual differencew between men and women that precludes leadership positions for women that includes leadership of men.

Old 01-16-2016, 04:07 AM

9,697 posts, read 10,048,563 times
Usually at the local church will preach a message about the church down the road and reject what they believe , which is divisions and a sin to God .......or preach a hate full message against sexual diversity , or abortion right , or against people who believe in evolution of life , and then reason that it is alright to preach against this things as Apostle Paul did it a said it was okay , as Paul said `` Judge the world ``

Old 01-16-2016, 04:27 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,358,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Usually at the local church will preach a message about the church down the road and reject what they believe , which is divisions and a sin to God .......or preach a hate full message against sexual diversity , or abortion right , or against people who believe in evolution of life , and then reason that it is alright to preach against this things as Apostle Paul did it a said it was okay , as Paul said `` Judge the world ``
Paul did not say judge the world. He said judgement begins in the household of God, in other words yourself.

Old 01-16-2016, 09:06 AM

26,028 posts, read 22,219,795 times
Quote:
I would suggest you should educate yourself on what exactly an "evangelical" is, and that you should also perhaps try to understand the position of said evangelicals.
I read what the "evangelicals" are and that the "fundamentalists" are "evangelicals" but more, I don't remember what word they used but hard core when it comes to judging others wanting to use the Old Testament for punishment of certain segments of the population. That religious liberty conference had 1700 registered, some politicians that we all know and that I detest.

Quote:
I am not getting much of a list here.

Is the gay issue the only "hateful" belief?
No, racism based on the Bible and also the belief that everyone that doesn't believe the "Jesus story" is going to Hell.

Racism called "religious liberty": When 'Religious Liberty' Was Used To Justify Racism Instead Of Homophobia | ThinkProgress

That whole "holier than thou" across the board is an issue of hate in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
He thinks he is Christian, and so do you. I would not attempt to disabuse either of you of your belief.

His Church does not pay property taxes either.
With the loon minister, 1700 people sat in the audience and no one I heard of stepped up to shout him down, walked out with disgust and by sitting there and knowing the agenda of the conference, knowing this man would speak and it is no secret what he believes, you enable that behavior and are no better than the man speaking. I truly belief the nut cases in the audience were in agreement.

Quote:
Then perhaps you and others ought to realize that what one nut job states is not indicative of the beliefs of all.
But, he has a congregation of I think it was 300. Was asked to speak at the Religious Liberty Conference of 1700 registered attendees. It isn't like he escaped that day from a mental institution and took over the conference although, I think the mental institution might be where he belongs. In my opinion, he was inciting others and that is a major issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I agree, Warden. The closest to that would be the Amish.

No paid clergy. They meet in one another's homes. Bible readings and sermons are rotated. Lust for power, or putting yourself above other Amish, is considered prideful and thus sinful.
I got to know the Amish. I was SO impressed. They are not at all like I thought they would be. You feel no judgement coming from them at all. I thought as a woman, they would see me as out of place - involved in a dispute with the county since with the Amish, only the men came to the meetings. I thought women were not equal but basically, men and women have different tasks but all are respected and not just household but business end deals. They were not looking around at who was different but respecting everyone, even those that didn't deserve it, that were in their midst.

I had no idea what "Religious liberty" meant to these nut cases. I have, in the past, known some and they were very aggressive in shoving their beliefs in your face and you were going to Hell if you didn't listen to them and take their advice. If that isn't hateful, I am not sure what it is. My comment is: "If you are going to Heaven, I'll pass." Generally, that ends the conversation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity