Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2016, 11:19 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,247,935 times

Advertisements

The hatred that some people have for Christianity and for specific Christians never fails to amaze me.

Kirk Cameron dares to open his mouth and make a statement about marriage and people flip out for 19 pages of comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2016, 11:26 AM

23,272 posts, read 10,571,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
The hatred that some people have for Christianity and for specific Christians never fails to amaze me.

Kirk Cameron dares to open his mouth and make a statement about marriage and people flip out for 19 pages of comments.
Yeah but we are speaking of the antichrist himself, lol.

It's just that stupid movie he made I think, he likes to be outspoken and so people like to speak back.

Personally, I wished we never knew anything about any actors and they all ruin it for me when they open they stupid mouth. They make millions of dollars they never earned like a regular person and all of the sudden they feel the need to change the world just because they are stupid actors. But once an actor has opened his mouth and you see who he really is, there are no more movies to watch. Somebody just tell them to shut their pie hole so they don't have to ruin everything, change everything, they are just actors with some kind of Messiah syndrome that leads them to believe it is up to them to use that money to make peace in the world as if anything they could do or say makes any difference.

Sick of actors, can't go and enjoy a movie anymore because there are so many little demigods out there like the great Ben Affleck and Matt Damon, somebody please make them stop.

Old 05-03-2016, 12:08 PM

21,087 posts, read 29,309,695 times
Quote:

It is not hate for christianity--it is a hate for the way SOME feel compelled to TEACH christianity.
Attached Thumbnails
Kirk Cameron says WIVES MUST OBEY!-gandhai_christ.jpg  

Old 05-03-2016, 12:08 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,633,431 times
Quote:

Kirk Cameron along with others believing they are Christian hold themselves out as holding some sort of moral authority about women.

Hatred? No. I have told you before, I am here to correct these beliefs and put them in perspective.

When I open my mouth, I expect a difference of opinion. If it runs one hundred pages, it is of no consequence. It is simply one hundred pages of discussion.
I can handle myself in any discussion whether you agree with me, or not. Are Christian men so fragile they cannot do the same?

Old 05-03-2016, 12:31 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,868,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
C'mon y'all! It's a wind-up. Ohky is another POE of the calibre of Eusebius. Haven't you noticed that she claims to be so religious that she submits to punishment from her husband as per the Bible instruction yet, when she refers to her god, she doesn't capitalise the word 'He'. Now how many religious people do you know that that would even dream of referring to their god as 'he' rather than 'He'. It's a dead give away!
I dont claim to be religious for that reason and i didnt give ANY bible or religion to back up my obeying/submission. I never once said it was because of god/God, he/He, bible, heaven, christianity, or anything else except " religious, cultural and historical reasons". ive pointed that out TWICE now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post

Then again in your case, it might be foreplay. You bad, bad, girl, you.
You just never know what may be lurking in our toy bag.....

Old 05-03-2016, 12:45 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,633,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
I dont claim to be religious for that reason and i didnt give ANY bible or religion to back up my obeying/submission. I never once said it was because of god/God, he/He, bible, heaven, christianity, or anything else except " religious, cultural and historical reasons". ive pointed that out TWICE now.

You just never know what may be lurking in our toy bag.....
Mazel You bad girl.

Old 05-03-2016, 12:46 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,099,558 times
Quote:

No, if you read back you'll see the majority of the "flip(ping0 out" was over a kind of non-sequitor insertion on the part of a sub who started out covering by half-claiming her sub position (oh, see what I did there?) was biblical. Then she revealed submissiveness as her kick.

The part about Kirk specifically, it seems like we all got a chuckle over.

The follow-ups about BDSM and about women needing to be subjugated weren't as funny. The "flipping out," if you must minimize it that way, wasn't over a specific goofy celebrity who believes Jesus wants everyone to break dance and buy Christmas presents but rather, a "biblical" position that women should bow down.

Kirk himself? Pretty much funny.

Old 05-03-2016, 12:50 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,387,732 times
Quote:
Kirk Cameron along with others believing they are Christian hold themselves out as holding some sort of moral authority about women.

Hatred? No. I have told you before, I am here to correct these beliefs and put them in perspective.

When I open my mouth, I expect a difference of opinion. If it runs one hundred pages, it is of no consequence. It is simply one hundred pages of discussion.
I can handle myself in any discussion whether you agree with me, or not. Are Christian men so fragile they cannot do the same?
I'm with you on this~ Kirk's comments regarding women MUST obey comes from the OLD Fashion viewpoint from thousands of years ago. As in Men have their "ROLE" such as provider, protector Women's "Role" was to abide by his rules, boundaries and limitations, procreate children, provide the nurturing of all family members, provide meals, clean homestead etc. Children's "Role" was to follow the rules as dictated by parental units, do chores assigned to them, learn the tasks associated with realm of whichever sex they were..girls, what their mother did, and boys to follow in the footsteps of their father did.

Times have changed...thats called evolution..adaptation to the new environment ... Women started to master those jobs, that WAS in the past associated with Males. Women were forced to due to their environmental changes. SO it has nothing to do with Christianity per say!

My question is why do some people go off the deep end and defend something because they feel opinions are bashing Christianity??? It actually comes across as a " Doth Protest too Much" basis! Extremes exist in all walks of life..no need to deflect and blame automatically " Lib" apologists as an example or GOP dogma extremists.

Kirk, simply expressed a view that some people believe..No more so less! It's not the worst old fashion viewpoint I have ever heard. IMO

Old 05-03-2016, 01:54 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,458,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
Your response made me think of Pilates reply when Jesus said He came to reveal the truth.

John 18v37/38 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice. Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all.

Just like Pilate you seem to be in the dark about truth. Pilate knew Jesus to be innocent but yet he did not believe He was the truth. Truth is fact, and the only One who has the perfect knowledge of truth is God. Why? Because He knows everything that He created Himself perfectly. So our view as creatures is always limited to what we can understand or see, as in your example of different witnesses to an accident having different stories. They don't each own the truth, there was still just one accident and the facts of what happened remain the same, but each have their own little puzzle piece from their point of view.

The heart of the problem, is again, the problem of the heart. Ever since the fall our hearts have become biased against spiritual truth, incapable to judge righteously and discern right from wrong as God judges. And our minds are similarly darkened.
Only when we believe in Jesus Christ and receive the Holy Spirit by Gods grace, then our eyes are opened to spiritual truth, before that we are just in utter darkness with no idea where to go.

1 Corinthians 2v12/14 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

I dont blame you for thinking what I say is foolish, but there is objective reality, only we are tiny little human beings who are limited in our understanding, including myself. But I do know that God is not a liar, and God provided us with His Word so we might know the truth as much as He reveals to us. Romans 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

And you know truth is the only thing that can truly free us from slavery to lies, because we are bound to serve somebody. It may be the devil, or it may be the Lord, but you gotta serve somebody. But the service of the Lord is a million times better than serving satan. If you havent already, my advice would be abandon your service to satan and join the Lords army today. Its a much better and much safer place to be , sign up is free. The only requirement to join is faith in Jesus Christ. If you pray and ask Jesus Christ to forgive your sins and show you the truth, I am convinced you will know the truth about the claims of the Bible, including Genesis. And unlike satan who will spit his slaves out in a heartbeat, He takes good care of His soldiers!

John 8v31/32 So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."

Oh honey. You must think I'm some ignorant little kid, huh?

No, honey, no, there isn't a single thing that YOU could say that would convince me of your "truth" because you use a collection of stories to prove a collection of stories are true. Your foolish circular reason does not, can not, and will not ever stand up to logic because you cannot use a thing to prove a thing. It's as simple as that.

I guarantee you - let me repeat that - I guarantee you that your posts will not only NOT convert me, they just reinforce how ridiculous it is that you folks think you can convert anyone by throwing bible verses at them.

You sound just like my fundy brother, lol. You can keep your "army," your prayers, and your silly little belief that God would create a creature for the sole purpose of leading humans to evil. Logic, baby, logic.

Old 05-03-2016, 02:48 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,868,501 times
Quote:
Mazel You bad girl.
Hey, we just got a Fire Hose Paddle. Doesnt sound exciting but " its not the size, its what you do with it"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity