Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2016, 04:09 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,854,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
What do you have to do to get that? A grass patch you forgot to mow? Not that I want to give any suggestions.

So you were a submissive Christian wife, but not in the same way until he found dominance with a D? This gave new life to your Christian sensibilities and is in line with your beliefs. Am I close?

I sincerely believe you need better shoes. In leaner times, I invested in a good leather shoe that lasted years, until the dog next door ate them, and all the Barbies.

I dont have to disobey to get the hose, i can ask for it or he can suggest it, along with any other tools we have. I dont mow the lawn, he does.

I have always been naturally submissive but never known it was something except the way a woman/wife was to behave (listen the authority of your husband, rear children, take care of house and not work outside the home). I have been a Christian for about 6yrs but i did grow up in church.
He has not always been in the Dominance role, let alone leader role of our marriage. it took him a very long time to discover that side and fall into it (he didnt grow up with a dad and didnt have a dad figure to learn).

Since finding this side of ourselves, there HAS to be communication in all aspects. You can no longer do what you want or not talk things out.

Today I spoke over him. In some marriages that would have blown up into something bigger. Some it would have meant silent treatment. Mine it means the look that says " You need to stop and mind your place". IF i had continued, i would have been punished. I stopped so therefore, I apologized and we moved on.

Wednesday we have a dinner we are going to. For US, it means Im quiet and behind him. I serve him first and wait to eat after he has begun. I use my manners and I do not interrupt. I do not interfere with men speaking. Any leftovers are to be saved for his lunch, which i will pack him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2016, 04:27 PM

15,894 posts, read 6,354,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
I dont have to disobey to get the hose, i can ask for it or he can suggest it, along with any other tools we have. I dont mow the lawn, he does.

I have always been naturally submissive but never known it was something except the way a woman/wife was to behave (listen the authority of your husband, rear children, take care of house and not work outside the home). I have been a Christian for about 6yrs but i did grow up in church.
He has not always been in the Dominance role, let alone leader role of our marriage. it took him a very long time to discover that side and fall into it (he didnt grow up with a dad and didnt have a dad figure to learn).

Since finding this side of ourselves, there HAS to be communication in all aspects. You can no longer do what you want or not talk things out.

Today I spoke over him. In some marriages that would have blown up into something bigger. Some it would have meant silent treatment. Mine it means the look that says " You need to stop and mind your place". IF i had continued, i would have been punished. I stopped so therefore, I apologized and we moved on.

Wednesday we have a dinner we are going to. For US, it means Im quiet and behind him. I serve him first and wait to eat after he has begun. I use my manners and I do not interrupt. I do not interfere with men speaking. Any leftovers are to be saved for his lunch, which i will pack him.

I wish my husband would eat leftovers.

Old 05-03-2016, 04:33 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,222,627 times
She's a kinky June Cleaver.*

*The old farts among us will get the reference.

Old 05-03-2016, 04:38 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,221,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

June wore better shoes.

We old fart-ettes notice those things.

Old 05-03-2016, 04:44 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,623,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

Alice Kramden. Definitely not George Burns and Gracie Allen.

Old 05-03-2016, 04:52 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,854,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutdude View Post
she's a kinky june cleaver.*

*the old farts among us will get the reference.

Old 05-03-2016, 05:03 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,592,451 times
It seems that usually in this discussion only half of the Christian teaching is given.

American Standard Version
Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself up for it;

Now this is something else entirely. Jesus loved the church completely and unconditionally and gave His life as a sacrifice for the Church. His forgiveness for sins committed against Himself is unlimited, His love for and care of his church is unmeasurable, this unconditional love is not based on any kind of merit but is selfless. I could go on and on in this vein but I'm sure that you get the idea. As the head of a Christian family I can only demand the respect and leadership granted to me in direct proportion to the degree that I obey Christ's command to love my wife totally, unconditionally and permanently. This teaching as most teachings has been corrupted by a completely false application. Many so called Christian husbands have abused the teaching that their wives obey them while they are not following the teaching of how they themselves have to mirror the love of Christ in the family. One side of an equation is always false and meaningless. It takes two halves to make a whole. A half is and always will be just a half.

Old 05-03-2016, 05:23 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,379,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
It seems that usually in this discussion only half of the Christian teaching is given.

American Standard Version
Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself up for it;

Now this is something else entirely. Jesus loved the church completely and unconditionally and gave His life as a sacrifice for the Church. His forgiveness for sins committed against Himself is unlimited, His love for and care of his church is unmeasurable, this unconditional love is not based on any kind of merit but is selfless. I could go on and on in this vein but I'm sure that you get the idea. As the head of a Christian family I can only demand the respect and leadership granted to me in direct proportion to the degree that I obey Christ's command to love my wife totally, unconditionally and permanently. This teaching as most teachings has been corrupted by a completely false application. Many so called Christian husbands have abused the teaching that their wives obey them while they are not following the teaching of how they themselves have to mirror the love of Christ in the family. One side of an equation is always false and meaningless. It takes two halves to make a whole. A half is and always will be just a half.
Absolutely!! But, such friction are the extremes, who only adopt certain ( cherry picked) items in scripture..then interpret them to suit their agenda. Thus always tend to portray a perceived "Hatred" of Christianity..which in a free world is ridiculous...

These particular "Christians" have been labelled as "Fundies" or fundamentalists who actually ignore much of the teachings in particular the New Testament .. It's unfortunate, but as we see almost daily right here..It's still pervasive amongst a whole host of folks !!

Below I'm connecting similar ideologic to any extreme thinking~~ MY view~

Quote:
In Iraq or other ME Countries .. Intolerance by Ideologues always go after perceived attack on their particular interpretations. So they co-opt any religion regardless if that religion actually represents it at all!! Extreme description says it all really..Many want to use their view to excuse and rationalize/justify what they do Atrocities ..

Old 05-03-2016, 06:59 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,042,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
Okay so let's each stick to their own strength, the Bible doesn't teach that God created satan as an evil being. Isaiah 14:12 The Bible teaches that satan was an archangel that fell, and took many angels with him, they are fallen angels now a.k.a. demons. They (unlike us) can never be saved, but are awaiting eventual damnation in the lake of fire which the Bible describes as reserved for the devil and his angels Revelation 20 & Matthew 25:41. So God cannot be held responsible for satans rebellion and his eventual temptation of Adam and Eve to sin, just as God cannot be held responsible for our sin. James 1:13

Now I am not a really scientific guy indeed, so can you explain to me the difference between Big Bang and evolution? What does evolution teach on the 'existence' of the universe? I thought Big Bang simply was part of the theory of how the world begun with the subsequent evolution it supposedly had.
So God didn't intend for this to happen?

God didn't create Satan and his future followers specifically to fall, and to do evil?

God doesn't know and foresee all nor does he know what he's doing with creation? Pretty easy to surprise him, is it?

Old 05-03-2016, 07:16 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,447,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
Okay so let's each stick to their own strength, the Bible doesn't teach that God created satan as an evil being. Isaiah 14:12 The Bible teaches that satan was an archangel that fell, and took many angels with him, they are fallen angels now a.k.a. demons. They (unlike us) can never be saved, but are awaiting eventual damnation in the lake of fire which the Bible describes as reserved for the devil and his angels Revelation 20 & Matthew 25:41. So God cannot be held responsible for satans rebellion and his eventual temptation of Adam and Eve to sin, just as God cannot be held responsible for our sin. James 1:13

Now I am not a really scientific guy indeed, so can you explain to me the difference between Big Bang and evolution? What does evolution teach on the 'existence' of the universe? I thought Big Bang simply was part of the theory of how the world begun with the subsequent evolution it supposedly had.
If you want to learn about evolution, the Big Bang, abiogenesis, and scientific theory you don't go to an internet forum to do it. But you already know that.

You are obviously connected to the internet, so use the amazing tool sitting right in front of you as you read this and research the above, using credible sources of information (ie not Christian sources attempting to explain why evolution is wrong). Start at the elementary level if you have to. Go to the library. Attend a lecture.

But if you really wanted to learn, you would have already done that.

I, on the other hand, have spent decades researching religion, from all different perspectives and sources, because I wanted to learn. I don't spout off on subjects I have no knowledge of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity