Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2016, 12:15 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,898,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
He is ..
Well...if you are an example of the people he is proud of, I'm sure glad that Christianity is losing ground and atheism is growing.

Old 05-31-2016, 12:27 AM

11,100 posts, read 6,043,990 times
Quote:
He is .. not only because we're right about homosexuality being a sin but I also know truthful history, not the propaganda vomit you're so sure of.
Oh boy! You're not well. Which part of "God created homosexuals" did you not understand? If homosexuals exist then they were created by God. Please read your bible, it's right there in the beginning, in Genesis. It reads; "God created all things and saw that it was good".

Can you not see that? If God created all things and saw that it was good and homosexuals exist, therefore God created them, then it follows that God saw that homosexuals are good? Who's twisting the bible? The damn bible says God's creation is good!

Old 05-31-2016, 12:47 AM

6,825 posts, read 2,951,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius
Wow! Your Jesus would be proud of you.
Quote:
He is .. not only because we're right about homosexuality being a sin ..
If you or anyone else had shown (from scripture, naturally) that homosexuality is a sin I would not be here right now refuting the thread title, twin. If only to encourage you to produce such a scripture I'll give you this 'in your face' statement: NOWHERE does the Bible say that homosexuality is a sin. And, this can be proven quite easily. All one need do is to place a Bible in your hand and ask you to point out such a scripture. When you cannot do so THAT will be the proof! Would that proof in other areas could be so easily acquired!

Quote:
. . .but I also know truthful history, not the propaganda vomit you're so sure of.
Well, I don't know what any of that is about but I would trust that, whatever it is, you fare better with your 'truthful history' than you do with your Bible knowledge.

Old 05-31-2016, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
If you or anyone else had shown (from scripture, naturally) that homosexuality is a sin I would not be here right now refuting the thread title, twin. If only to encourage you to produce such a scripture I'll give you this 'in your face' statement: NOWHERE does the Bible say that homosexuality is a sin. And, this can be proven quite easily. All one need do is to place a Bible in your hand and ask you to point out such a scripture. When you cannot do so THAT will be the proof! Would that proof in other areas could be so easily acquired!
Don't forget the later mistranslations that do actually state that homosexuality is a sin. However, those translation do not pass as 'truth'. They are wrong - in fact, they are a lie.

Old 05-31-2016, 12:55 AM

5,443 posts, read 4,696,499 times
The bible is not literal and gays don't have to twist anything. We live in a age of science, gays are just as normal as straights. The bible is not the word of God or Jesus and has little to nothing with reality.

No one is going to burn in hell, enough of these fantasies. Jesus was tolerant and so is God.

Old 05-31-2016, 01:12 AM

440 posts, read 379,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
"And then David and Jonathan had sex with one another and David confessed that he no longer loved woman but wanted to be with men. Then later a confused David decided to go back to heterosexuality and have a man murdered so he could have sex with his wife. This things came to pass. I am the Lord and I declare that homosexuality is good and moral."

Hey, what verse again is this passage? I can't seem to find it. Oh wait, maybe because it does't exist! There are cultures even today where men kiss each other in a non-sexual way, you know.
Your made up story will not refute the fact that David and Jonathan were lovers, they loved each other, that's why the very story is so romantic in is narration.

I have said it before, when David said that Jonathan's love was more wonderful than the love of women he was clearly setting the frame or in other words specifying the kind of love they were feeling for each other: romantic love.

The bible is a book full of all sorts of contradictions and this is one of those contradictions, a story with homosexual love and then a passage commanding the killing of two men who have slept together. If you have different people writing it through time contradictions will come up.

Do you call killing two men who have slept together a good instruction?

Last edited by Haukur; 05-31-2016 at 01:26 AM..

Old 05-31-2016, 01:22 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,965,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
The bible is not literal and gays don't have to twist anything. We live in a age of science, gays are just as normal as straights. The bible is not the word of God or Jesus and has little to nothing with reality.

No one is going to burn in hell, enough of these fantasies. Jesus was tolerant and so is God.
I think it is a massive over-statement to suppose that gays are 'just as normal as straights'. Come on... really? Even in these enlightened times where the persecution, ostracization and overall intolerance of LGBT lifestyle is looked upon with disfavor, the actual presence of such individuals in the population is relatively low. There are a number of other alternative expressions of sexual identity that a person could be besides an LGBT one, and many of them will NEVER be accepted by society to the degree than LBBT lifestyle is. A number of them have higher numerical expression per capita than the LBBT community does. No matter how fringe the deviation, an opposite sex attraction usually prevails throughout the spectrum of human sexuality. Gays are an anomaly. Hardly the definition of 'normal'. I'm not judging, only observing. I feel I have to defend 'straightness' from time to time, because it is increasingly coming under attack for being nothing particularly special.

Old 05-31-2016, 02:17 AM

6,825 posts, read 2,951,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Don't forget the later mistranslations that do actually state that homosexuality is a sin. However, those translation do not pass as 'truth'. They are wrong - in fact, they are a lie.
Yes, it was remiss of me not to have made such a qualification ...pre-1946 Bibles only! Even then, if one wants to be pedantic - which I do! - even in the post 1946 Bibles there is no such statement as "homosexuality is a sin." One's not inheriting the kingdom of heaven is the closest one can come. And, there's quite a shopping list of the so-called 'sins' that will keep someone out of the kingdom of heaven!

Old 05-31-2016, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Gays are an anomaly. Hardly the definition of 'normal'.
That may be so but being gay is not an abomination. The point is that they are who they are and it's OK. It's OK to be gay. Hell, they don't have a choice, do they?

But yes, being straight needs defending from time to time to, not that I have often come under attack for being straight. Make that never.

Old 05-31-2016, 02:56 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,746,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
I think it is a massive over-statement to suppose that gays are 'just as normal as straights'. Come on... really? Even in these enlightened times where the persecution, ostracization and overall intolerance of LGBT lifestyle is looked upon with disfavor, the actual presence of such individuals in the population is relatively low. There are a number of other alternative expressions of sexual identity that a person could be besides an LGBT one, and many of them will NEVER be accepted by society to the degree than LBBT lifestyle is. A number of them have higher numerical expression per capita than the LBBT community does. No matter how fringe the deviation, an opposite sex attraction usually prevails throughout the spectrum of human sexuality. Gays are an anomaly. Hardly the definition of 'normal'. I'm not judging, only observing. I feel I have to defend 'straightness' from time to time, because it is increasingly coming under attack for being nothing particularly special.
It is not an anomaly if it recurs regularly. Less than 2% of the world's population is red headed, but we don't refer to red heads as "anomalies." That is slightly less than the percentage of gay, lesbian, and bi people in the world. In addition it has been observed in roughly 1500 species---Bonbo monkeys, almost all bisexual, have been reported as having same sex sex in roughly 75% of their sexual encounters.

The gayest animal according to some scientists? According to Earthtouch News Network:

1. Giraffes

At any moment in time, one in every 20 male giraffes can be found amorously necking with another male. Or so says one study into giraffe homosexual behaviour. You probably wouldn't have learned about it in biology class, but homosexual behaviour is very common all across the animal kingdom (some zoologists estimate that about 1,500 animal species are known to display some form of it). In giraffes, that behaviour involves necking, caressing and mounting … and it’s more common than heretrosexual interactions!

Yup, gay sex in nature as well as among people is greater than the incidence of red headed people. May be uncommon in most species, but it most certainly couldn't be called an anomaly.

Proven anomalies in the animal kingdom include winged cats, pink Dolphins, four legged chickens, and white Buffaloes.

Calling something, and especially someone, an anomaly when it is a quite regular occurrence is simply a left-handed (once considered an anomaly caused by the Devil) way of demeaning an important subset of human beings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity